1. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '13 23:27
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    We kill our own, at times in is done after we have judged them for doing
    something very bad, we lock up our own for as long as they live, after we have
    judged them for doing something very bad. Unless you have an issue with
    justice where you think no one should be held accountable for their crimes you
    don't have nothing to stand on here.
    Kelly
    I don't see reference to a "Human Father" in your response, which is the main point.
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 00:37
    Originally posted by sonship

of course you could focus on the negative and bitch about my anti-god comments.

Don't look now but YOU focused on the negative and you bitched about anti-god.

Why else would you title your brainchild [b] "In Your Face God" ?

[quote]
    im sure jesus would rather you focus on the good and comment about the amazing achieve ...[text shortened]... the Christians he wants to slap to "Remember what Jesus said. Turn the other cheek now."[/b]
    "Don't look now but YOU focused on the negative and you bitched about anti-god."

no, there is nothing negative about a cure for h.i.v. i find the fact that science has beaten yet another of gods cruel punishments for sin, a thing to be happy about. you find it negative because you blindly follow your god and cannot accept he is bad and therefore choose not to see the good in celebrating all the little incremental steps forward that make him more and more irrelevant.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 00:41
    If you are okay with insulting One who has the power to throw you into Hell,
    than you are okay with it. The fact you are given a little time to repent will
    only make it worse for you.
    Kelly
    im fine insulting him, ill do it to his face if i get the chance, you wimps would obviously rather get on your knees for a mass murder, id rather stand by my morals and tell him where to go.

he didnt show up to the fight today. typical.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 01:00
    no, there is nothing negative about a cure for h.i.v. i find the fact that science has beaten yet another of gods cruel punishments for sin,

Do you consider it punishment from God if you stick yourself with a needle and your nervous system makes you say ouch ?

Would you prefer that you be able to pierce yourself with a needle 100 times and feel nothing ?

I don't consider it punishment in every case that God has nature indicate that something is WRONG with our bodies. That there are serious indications albiet uncomfortable when our immune system is not functioning, is not necessarily cruel punishment.

a thing to be happy about.

You seemed to be very happy that you had an accusation to make against God.

you find it negative because you blindly follow your god and cannot accept he is bad and therefore choose not to see the good in celebrating all the little incremental steps forward that make him more and more irrelevant.

I follow God because I follow Christ. This is not blind following. I see plainly that no other person can compete or compare to the Son of God.

It is a following that is full of sight. Maybe the blind one is you who cannot discern the perfection of the Man Jesus.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 01:071 edit
    im fine insulting him, ill do it to his face if i get the chance,

You will get the chance.

you wimps would obviously rather get on your knees for a mass murder, id rather stand by my morals and tell him where to go.

The whimps are people who think God should act like Barney the Dinosaur no matter what happens.

I am not in the least impressed with your manhood. You sound like a huge Baby Huey mad because you cannot get away with everything.

Your morals? You mean the atoms slamming into each other making up the material part of your evolved grey matter ?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 09:24
    Originally posted by OdBod
    I don't see reference to a "Human Father" in your response, which is the main point.
    You think a human father could/should/would allow his kids to do very bad
    things and instead of helping convict, hide the crimes?
    Kelly
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 09:25
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    im fine insulting him, ill do it to his face if i get the chance, you wimps would obviously rather get on your knees for a mass murder, id rather stand by my morals and tell him where to go.

he didnt show up to the fight today. typical.
    You'll get your chance.
    Kelly
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 09:33
    Kelly
    Having sex outside of marriage is a sin, you can hardly call that a 'very bad thing'. But that crime will result in being condemned to hell.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 09:33
    no, there is nothing negative about a cure for h.i.v. i find the fact that science has beaten yet another of gods cruel punishments for sin,

Do you consider it punishment from God if you stick yourself with a needle and your nervous system makes you say ouch ?

Would you prefer that you be able to pierce yourself with a needle 100 ...[text shortened]... s full of sight. Maybe the blind one is you who cannot discern the perfection of the Man Jesus.
    " Do you consider it punishment from God if you stick yourself with a needle and your nervous system makes you say ouch ? "

are you really comparing aids to pricking yourself with a needle????

don't consider it punishment in every case that God has nature indicate that something is WRONG with our bodies. That there are serious indications albiet uncomfortable when our immune system is not functioning, is not necessarily cruel punishment.

thats so illogical i dont know where to start.

You seemed to be very happy that you had an accusation to make against God.

yes, i would say so. im always happy when there are accusation to make against god (christian). i dont like him, he's a mass murdering nutcase.

This is not blind following. I see plainly that no other person can compete or compare to the Son of God.

that is exactly what 'blind' following is. you make claims as if they are fact, but really you have no idea if anybody can or cannot compare to the son of god....you are guessing.

s you who cannot discern the perfection of the Man Jesus.

i hardly ever criticize 'the man' jesus. i have no quarrel with him, he sounds like a decent enough fella. its his dad i have an issue with.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 09:37
    Unless you have an issue with justice where you think no one should be held accountable for their crimes you
    don't have nothing to stand on here.
    Kelly
    I have a number of issues with your interpretation of human based justice systems.
    1. There are reasons behind punishment in human based punishment systems. These reasons simply do not apply to a situation where God is involved. These reasons include a) prevention of further crimes by the criminal, b) as a deterrent to further crime by the criminal and others.
    2. I do have an issue with any justice system that carries out 'cruel and unusual punishment'. I believe our motivation for revenge, and similar actions, are evolved, but that sometimes we go to far and allow our evolved emotions to override common sense and compassion.

I know this issue of justice has been discussed many times before and as far as I recall you have never given any justification for your view of justice. I think it is you that has nothing to stand on.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 09:46
    im fine insulting him, ill do it to his face if i get the chance,

You will get the chance.

you wimps would obviously rather get on your knees for a mass murder, id rather stand by my morals and tell him where to go.

The whimps are people who think God should act like Barney the Dinosaur no matter what hap ...[text shortened]... ean the atoms slamming into each other making up the material part of your evolved grey matter ?
    Your morals? You mean the atoms slamming into each other making up the material part of your evolved grey matter ?

fundamentally, yes. morals are atoms slamming into each other (well actually they are mainly nothingness 99.9r of nothingness). in the same way that an a space rocket is nothing more than atoms slamming into each other (or quarks if you want to take it to an even smaller level).

why make the point? do you have any evidence that there is more to it than atoms?
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 11:02
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    do you have any evidence that there is more to it than atoms?
    More importantly, what is the physics of the 'more' and why would it be fundamentally different?
    Everything in existence has to either follow some set of rules, or be arbitrary, or a combination of the two. Most people are quite uncomfortable with this fact as it appears to destroy our conception of free will, but then most peoples conception of free will doesn't stand up to even the most basic scrutiny.
  13. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 12:16
    Kelly
    Of course not, but I think a "Human Father" (mostly), would not condemn his child to an ETERNITY of pain and suffering for a crime. Don't forget that damnation is threatened for a number of transgressions some of which would now breach human rights,free speech etc.How would you feel about your Human father killing millions of people then telling you not to kill .
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 13:062 edits
    are you really comparing aids to pricking yourself with a needle????

Not exactly. What I am doing is that when things of an unfortunate nature occur in this world, these are indications to us that something is amiss, something is not quite right, something is not under man's control.

God knew that man needs such reminders. In the fall of man He maintains some order but also has sovereignly permitted many things to remind man that the situation is not normal.

An earthquake, disease, a mosquito bite, a common cold all things which trouble us also remind us that man is not in dominion. There has been a collapse of heading up of all things under man's dominion because of Satan's and man's rebellion against God.

"You have subjected all things under his feet." [says the psalmist concerning man as God intended Him (Gen. 1:26,27). But man fell under Satan's authority and creation collapsed.

The writer of Hebrews refers to this Psalm 8 - "You have subjected all things under his feet." For in subjecting all things to him, He left nothing unsubject to him. But now we do not yet see all things subjected to him, But we see Jesus, ..."

In brief, we see Jesus Christ who is what God meant by man. We see the prototype man of God's recovery. We see the standard model of man of the coming kingdom of God in the restoral of all creation under the dominion of race of humanity in coordination with God (rather than rebellion against).

This Man - Jesus we see with Lordship over sin over death over disease as He often demonsrtated. He is called "the Desire of all the nations" (Haggai 7:2).

thats so illogical i dont know where to start.

That's interesting. That is same feeling I have about what you wrote. Where does one start with such twisted logic ?

Take your human body. Pain is an indication that something is wrong.
    Disease and even death of men is an indication that something is wrong.
    A salvation is needed for mankind, for his environment.

If God told you maybe you would not believe Him.
    In addition to His telling us our own environment tells us.

yes, i would say so. im always happy when there are accusation to make against god (christian). i dont like him, he's a mass murdering nutcase.

This is what you hurl at the God who became a man Savior to save you from your sins. I mean you. You could not be in the mob yelling "Crucify, Crucify Him!" . But you still can accuse this God who loves you as a mass murdering nutcase.

i hardly ever criticize 'the man' jesus. i have no quarrel with him, he sounds like a decent enough fella. its his dad i have an issue with.

You have quarrel with the Son of God. He says His Father is "Righteous Father" . Like those who crucified Him you have quarrel with Him manifesting God, representing God, proclaiming God in every way.

"The Word became flesh and tabernacled among us." (John 1:14)

Christ is God become a man. God's extension of love towards you you flat out reject and even oppose apparently.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 13:09
    Kelly
    do you have grandchildren kelly? would you punish them for things that their parents did wrong?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree