1. S. Korea
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 02:05
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Why the 3 thumbs down folks?

It is a big step forward for secular freedom and they do, to a significant degree, crap in the street.

Help me understand your disdain?
    You are being obtuse.

So, some segment of the Korean population still eats dog. Most of the international community views that as immoral. The arguments of the international community are persuasive, and a huge amount of Koreans feel that eating dog these days is disturbing and disgusting.

Probably some of the only people left who eat it are old men who partly revel in the fact taht it bothers others.

If you refer to Koreans as dog-eaters, which is now something that the bulk of the society regards as shameful, you are being a jerk.

I am guessing that this is the same with India! Many Indians do not want to crap on the street and think that it is a terrible aspect of their culture. Perhps some of them have been shamefully forced into doing the act occasionally due to the total lack of public toilets.

The country doesn't want to be known for this and is trying to change.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 02:091 edit
    Why the 3 thumbs down folks?

It is a big step forward for secular freedom and they do, to a significant degree, crap in the street.

Help me understand your disdain?
    I'm coming to this thread late, but... which is worse, actually performing bathroom functions out in the street, or just doing the same in private, perhaps in one's own room and then heaving the contents of the pan you just used out into the street, all while claiming your country is the most civilized, as was done in Britain for centuries?
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 02:11
    Originally posted by @fmf
    How is it immoral? I get that your religious beliefs have you believing it is "sinful". But I am not religious: what is your argument for it being "immoral". I'm not interested in - or, more accurately, I am not affected or persuaded by - your notions of supernatural "law" and "sin". You are perfectly entitled to hold those ideas and perspectives. But, you're t ...[text shortened]... c of morality. Your notion of "sin" aside, how is homesexual sex - in and of itself - "immoral"?
    From a secular perspective, from a perspective where we are just arguing for some public concept of moral norms, homosexuality is immoral because it is pursuing sex outside of the normal outlets for healthy sexual behavior.

In a similar sense, if I have sex with people on Tindr instead of never getting married, I am also being immoral, even though this is something that is largely my own business and does not adversely impact anyone in a very direct way.

Sex leads to procreation when done properly. In order to raise children, people pair off into stable, monogamous family units which instill children with values, discipline, and provide them with stability and a loving model for future behaviors.

Anything besides this that becomes the primary means of sex in someone's life is viewed as lesser and thus is not moral.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 02:18
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    I'm coming to this thread late, but... which is worse, actually performing bathroom functions out in the street, or just doing the same in private, perhaps in one's own room and then heaving the contents of the pan you just used out into the street, all while claiming your country is the most civilized, as was done in Britain for centuries?
    Going #2 into a pan, inside your home, then heaving it out of your window into the street???

Lol lol, that's hilarious!!!
    British people did that??
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 02:26
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    From a secular perspective, from a perspective where we are just arguing for some public concept of moral norms, homosexuality is immoral because it is pursuing sex outside of the normal outlets for healthy sexual behavior.

In a similar sense, if I have sex with people on Tindr instead of never getting married, I am also being immoral, even th ...[text shortened]... mes the primary means of sex in someone's life is viewed as lesser and thus is not moral.
    Usually by "holier than thou" hypocrites who love to look down their nose at others who might not be like them. I find it annoying that, even while everyone sins, these hypocrites always view the sins they do as somehow lesser than the sins of others. It's always, "I do this, and that makes me moral, but you do this and that makes you sinful" even as they come home from work, where they just repossessed someone's house, throwing a family into the street.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 02:302 edits
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Going #2 into a pan, inside your home, then heaving it out of your window into the street???

Look up "chamberpots".

See also "night soil".

Flush toilets require a connection to a sewer system, so, naturally, in order to have flush toilets, you need a modern municipal sewer system first. Before that, the sewer system mainly consisted of city streets eventually leading to the town river. Cities also made an effort to collect and transport the waste, usually at night. The streets, as well as the river, in London or Paris, especially before and during the Industrial Revolution, was apparently the source of a stench so foul that eventually efforts were made to cover the street channels, not for sanitation purposes, but primarily because the stench was unbelievable.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 03:082 edits

In a similar sense, if I have sex with people on Tindr instead of never getting married, I am also being immoral, even th ...[text shortened]... mes the primary means of sex in someone's life is viewed as lesser and thus is not moral.
    You're begging the question.

What you've posted here amounts to you saying "homosexuality is immoral because it doesn't fit what I deem as 'normal','healthy' and 'proper' and goes against my 'values'".
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 08:37

1) Masturbation is immoral?
    2) Anal sex is immoral?
    3) Oral sex is immoral?
    4) SM is immoral?
    5) Using a condom is immoral?
    6) Having sex *just for fun* is immoral?
    7) Having sex for any other reason than procreation is immoral?
    8) People who've raised a bunch of children to adults and decide to have no more children are immoral when they still have sex?
    9) People who can't get children because of medical conditions and still have sex are immoral?
    10) People who don't want to have children, but still have sex are immoral?

And why?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 08:46
    You are being obtuse.

So, some segment of the Korean population still eats dog. Most of the international community views that as immoral. The arguments of the international community are persuasive, and a huge amount of Koreans feel that eating dog these days is disturbing and disgusting.

Probably some of the only people left who eat it are old m ...[text shortened]... of public toilets.[/i]

The country doesn't want to be known for this and is trying to change.
    Perhaps you’re right, but most people I know who have been there complained about the filth and stench. I guess if the truth hurts ignore it.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 08:504 edits
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Defecating in the street is disgusting and a massive health hazard wether it’s done directly or indirectly. In much of India it is considered socially normal to do this today, not hundreds of years ago.

Talking about what happened in Britain hundreds of years ago is irrelevant to what occurs in India today. Perhaps we shouldn’t call out countries for thier slavery practices in case you Americans get offended about your heinous past?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 08:53

It’s amusing how you are defensive of people defecating in the street but attack people for being homosexual. An interesting perpesctive on your twisted mind.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 08:552 edits
    Originally posted by @chaney3

Yes, many counties had poor sewage disposal hundreds of years ago.

Did you spend your schooldays in an young offenders institution? You seem to be sadly lacking in knowledge of basic history
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 08:56
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    1) Masturbation is immoral?
    2) Anal sex is immoral?
    3) Oral sex is immoral?
    4) SM is immoral?
    5) Using a condom is immoral?
    6) Having sex *just for fun* is immoral?
    7) Having sex for any other reason than procreation is immoral?
    8) People who've raised a bunch of children to adults and decide to have no more children are immoral when they stil ...[text shortened]... mmoral?
    10) People who don't want to have children, but still have sex are immoral?

And why?
    I wish robbie carrobie was here to answer this post.
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 09:001 edit
    I wish robbie carrobie was here to answer this post.
    I'm sure he's jacking it right now while reading all those naughty words over and over again.

Aren't you, you bad boy?

Edit: which is of course super-duper immoral.

For some reason.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 09:03
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    I'm sure he's jacking it right now while reading all those naughty words over and over again.

Aren't you, you bad boy?

Edit: which is of course super-duper immoral.

For some reason.
    I seem to remember robbie telling the forum that he found his wife’s vagina disgusting.

That was a new level of forum gold.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree