Indian triumph

Indian triumph

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
09 Sep 18

Originally posted by @secondson
Do you even understand what morality means?
Do you understand that "sin" and "immorality", despite some overlap, are not one in the same?

F

Moves
09 Sep 18

Merriam-Webster : beliefs about what is right behavior and what is wrong behavior.
I don't believe homosexual sex is wrong. Like heterosexual sex, it can be part of morally unsound acts of course. Heterosexual and homosexual rape are both wrong. Deceiving a heterosexual and homosexual partner are both wrong. But neither heterosexual or homosexual sex are, in and of themselves, wrong.

F

Moves
09 Sep 18

Homosexual sex is a behavior in case you never noticed, and such behavior is condemned by God in the Bible.
Your Christian God figure is not relevant to me. Asserting over and over again that your God condemns homosexual sex is an 'argument' that doesn't work on people who are not religious. If you think homosexual sex is wrong, for whatever reason, just don't engage in it.

F

Moves
09 Sep 18

You can redefine and believe as you will, but you would be doing so based on your own predispositions and not by any inherent authority.
The strength of your certainty and sincerity do not create any "authority" for me. The same goes for Hindus, Jews, Muslims etc.

F

Moves
09 Sep 18

You can redefine and believe as you will....
I am using exactly the same definition of morality as you: 'beliefs about what is right behaviour and what is wrong behaviour'.

Moves
09 Sep 18

Originally posted by @chaney3
Hey moron, taking a dump 'inside' your house, then just heaving it out into the street is funny. Don't act like such an a$$hole with your replies.

What was more amusing was that Britain got the credit for being such slobs.
Oh dear, are you going to be the drunken abusive chaney3 again?

S. Korea

Moves
09 Sep 18

Originally posted by @fmf
The "rules of morality", as you put it, are the various moral maps that each of us have to help us relate to others and navigate our way through life's interactions and dilemmas. They are a guide. Your "rules of morality" are not the same as mine.
So, ultimately, there is no such thing as morality in an objective sense of the word.

How is it that morality are just various maps that each of us have to help us relate to others, etc, and mine are not the same as yours, etc., but some people are immoral?

If there is not an objective standard for what is moral and what is immoral, how could anyone be immoral?

They'd simply have a different roadmap.

And if someone has a different raodmap... How can you say that yours would take priority over it in some logical way? For instance, what is to say that the Indonesian Muslims do not have a right to institute a hyperocnservative Islamist theocracy -- it's just their moral map, and the opinion of other people who are in the minority, or especially of those like you who are foreigners, is meaningless.

Moves
09 Sep 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
Heterosexual sex for pleasure exists still within the framework of familial bonds, and is acceptable even if not done explicitly for procreation.
Acceptable to who?

S. Korea

Moves
09 Sep 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Do you understand that "sin" and "immorality", despite some overlap, are not one in the same?
... I thought you would say that sin doesn't exist.

Yet, now you have some real idea about sin as not being involved in what is immoral, so you really must have an idea of what sin is.

F

Moves
09 Sep 18

So, ultimately, there is no such thing as morality in an objective sense of the word.
Morality is inherently subjective and contextual.

F

Moves
09 Sep 18

... I thought you would say that sin doesn't exist.

Yet, now you have some real idea about sin as not being involved in what is immoral, so you really must have an idea of what sin is.
"Sin" exists in the minds of people who believe in supernatural "law givers". It's not controversial to state this.

F

Moves
09 Sep 18

If there is not an objective standard for what is moral and what is immoral, how could anyone be immoral?
Morality is simply a prism through which each of us perceive our own actions and the actions of others.

Moves
09 Sep 18
1 edit

I am defensive of people who have very different social conventions due to the fact that much of the society is incredibly impoverished and still lives in almost feudal conditions. It's sad to make fun of people who, having no recourse, are forced to use the streets as thei rbathroom. It's mean spirited prodding of people who are poorer and worst off than yourself.
Don’t homosexuals have “different social conventions”...Why are you not defensive of them?

You are claiming that much of India exists in a state of “almost feudal conditions”? And that is why they choose to defecate in the streets, Or are you saying that because they are poor and therefore choose to defecate in the street?

What about feudal, impoverished, Indian homosexuals who have no recourse, but who don’t defecate in the street, do you condemn them?

F

Moves
09 Sep 18

And if someone has a different raodmap... How can you say that yours would take priority over it in some logical way? For instance, what is to say that the Indonesian Muslims do not have a right to institute a hyperocnservative Islamist theocracy -- it's just their moral map, and the opinion of other people who are in the minority, or especially of those like you who are foreigners, is meaningless.
Why would my moral standards need to "take priority" over those of Indonesian theocrats?

F

Moves
09 Sep 18

How is it that morality are just various maps that each of us have to help us relate to others, etc, and mine are not the same as yours, etc., but some people are immoral?

If there is not an objective standard for what is moral and what is im ...[text shortened]... are in the minority, or especially of those like you who are foreigners, is meaningless.
Perhaps you are thinking about laws rather than morals. Although they do sometimes correspond to each other, I don't see them as one in the same. I doubt you do either.