Indian triumph

Indian triumph

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
09 Sep 18

Originally posted by @secondson
Which is why the concept of an objective standard of morality doesn't register with you.

You are inhibited conceptually, and unable to think except along mono-dementional lines. Your mind is fixed with the idea that morality is "subjective and contextual", which prevents you from understanding what rational objectivity based in knowledge is.

Homosex ...[text shortened]... a rationally objective thinking man or woman that knows the difference between right and wrong.
Your subscription to some god or other is part of your nurture and is entirely subjective.

F

Moves
09 Sep 18

Homosexuality is an act of defiance against nature, and is morally abhorrent to the mind of a rationally objective thinking man or woman that knows the difference between right and wrong.
Do you have any non-religious moral argument to back up this assertion?

F

Moves
09 Sep 18
1 edit

You are inhibited conceptually, and unable to think except along mono-dementional lines. Your mind is fixed with the idea that morality is "subjective and contextual", which prevents you from understanding what rational objectivity based in knowledge is.
You are perfectly entitled to believe in whatever religious mythology about supernatural beings that you want. However I don't think it means that your resulting belief in the notion of "sin" can be passed off as "rational objectivity based in knowledge".

Moves
09 Sep 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
Do you have any non-religious moral argument to back up this assertion?
Do you know of any species other than a few humans that do it?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Sep 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Do you know of any species other than a few humans that do it?
Do it?
If you mean homosexuality I challenge you to find a
mammal species which does not have homosexual behaviour.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Sep 18

Homosexuality is an act of defiance against nature, ....
What makes you think that?
It is prevalent in lots of species and certainly all mammals and most birds.

Your use of a computer is more incompatible with Nature than homosexuality!

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
09 Sep 18

Your subscription to some god or other is part of your nurture and is entirely subjective.
Not true.

The God of the Bible revealed Himself to me and brought me back to life.

Difficult as that is for you to believe.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
09 Sep 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
What makes you think that?
It is prevalent in lots of species and certainly all mammals and most birds.

Your use of a computer is more incompatible with Nature than homosexuality!
Nonsense.

c

Moves
10 Sep 18

Not true.

What do you mean by this?

F

Moves
10 Sep 18
3 edits

FMF: Your subscription to some god or other is part of your nurture and is entirely subjective.

Not true.

It's just something you absorbed from your environment. It would be something different if you'd absorbed something else. It's just a part of the nurture that has had a bearing on you and your subjective moral sensibilities. I don't have any difficulty whatsoever believing that your head is full of religious notions.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Sep 18

It's just something you absorbed from your environment. It would be something different if you'd absorbed something else. It's just a part of the nurture that has had a bearing on you and your subjective moral sensibilities. I don't have any difficulty whatsoever believing that your head is full of religious notions.
religious superstitions..yes

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
10 Sep 18

Originally posted by @chaney3
What do you mean by this?
Born again chaney.

A thing FMF trivializes.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
10 Sep 18

You're projecting on me the only thing you know. You are the product of the nurture you've received through your physical senses and no more.

I on the other hand have experienced God's grace and am born again. Not a thing about that experience was religious at all.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
10 Sep 18

Utter nonsense.

F

Moves
10 Sep 18

Born again chaney.

A thing FMF trivializes.
If you feel "born again" because of some kind of supernatural process you believe in, then good for you. I hope it helps you to navigate your way through the vicissitudes of life and to be a good person. I know countless people ~ from various faiths ~ whose religious dogma and perspectives are anything but trivial aspects of their lives.