Indian triumph

Indian triumph

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
16 Sep 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
I just fail to see how you do not understand the efforts to have morality discussed in terms of not some like... mangerial "legality" questions.
I haven't used the word "managerial". Laws and moral standards sometimes overlap, but not always.

F

Moves
16 Sep 18

If they are consenting adults, they can be doing something immoral nonetheless!
I don't think so.

F

Moves
16 Sep 18

Of course, the thread is about a law that passed in India; and so that is a legal discussion. But you are asking me why it is immoral form a secular perspective, right?
Yes, and, as you know, I don't think homosexuality is immoral, in and of itself. So I certainly welcome the fact that it is no longer illegal where I live and in the country where I come from, and elsewhere - and now in India too.

F

Moves
16 Sep 18
1 edit

Even if something should not be explicitly illegal (getting drunk 4-5 nights a week), it makes sense that we collectively view such actions as immoral and undesirable.
If you find doing that "undesirable", then don't do it. If drunk people engage in immoral acts that are detrimental to the people around them then that's bad, of course. I don't see getting drunk as being immoral.

Moves
16 Sep 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
The first couple of times we discussed it in depth - and we discussed adultery too, I remember - I was quite interested in discussing it with you. That's why I did. But I'm not interested in discussing it with you anymore. My reasons for believing paedophilia and bestiality have not changed at all since those discussions. You'll have to make do with that.
I see you are now in a conundrum because logically your arguments for believing homosexuality is not immoral would mean you have to believe bestiality is also not immoral (if you use the same logic) which you don't so you're in a real pickle.

F

Moves
16 Sep 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @dj2becker
I see you are now in a conundrum because logically your arguments for believing homosexuality is not immoral would mean you have to believe bestiality is also not immoral which you don't so you're in a real pickle.
No. I don't "have to believe bestiality is not immoral". As you know full well. We discussed it before. My stance hasn't changed. If you're interested in other people's stances on it, start a thread about it. I don't believe paedophilia is not immoral either. Start a thread about that too if you want.

Moves
16 Sep 18

No. I don't "have to believe bestiality is not immoral". As you know full well. We discussed it before. My stance hasn't changed. If you're interested in other people's stances on it, start a thread about it. I don't believe paedophilia is not immoral either. Start a thread about that too if you want.
Obviously you don't have to have logical arguments either you are allowed to contradict yourself at every turn and run away from discussions that expose your total lack of coherence as you are doing yet again.

F

Moves
16 Sep 18
1 edit

Obviously you don't have to have logical arguments either you are allowed to contradict yourself at every turn and run away from discussions that expose your total lack of coherence as you are doing yet again.
My stance hasn't changed. We delved into the immorality of bestiality and paedophilia twice. Refer back to that.

Moves
16 Sep 18

My stance hasn't changed. We delved into the immorality of bestiality and paedophilia twice. Refer back to that.
I believe your stance on lying hasn’t changed either right?

F

Moves
16 Sep 18

I believe your stance on lying hasn’t changed either right?
Lying is morally unsound.

Moves
16 Sep 18

Lying is morally unsound.
And when it suits you?

F

Moves
16 Sep 18

And when it suits you?
Lying to protect one's family from danger or harm from immoral acts is morally sound, I believe. Lying when one is being coerced in an immoral way is morally sound. Lies to spare someone's feelings where the resulting delay in them finding out the truth is inconsequential or even beneficial. There was a whole thread about it.

Moves
16 Sep 18

Lying to protect one's family from danger or harm from immoral acts is morally sound, I believe. Lying when one is being coerced in an immoral way is morally sound. Lies to spare someone's feelings where the resulting delay in them finding out the truth is inconsequential or even beneficial. There was a whole thread about it.
So why would you repeat what you have said before about lying but can’t seem to repeat what you have supposedly said about Zoophilia? No further questions your honor.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Sep 18

How about when you and tiger lied about puffing cigarettes behind the gym at Shetland Primary? Wasn’t that wrong?

F

Moves
16 Sep 18

So why would you repeat what you have said before about lying but can’t seem to repeat what you have supposedly said about Zoophilia? No further questions your honor.
Because I wanted to repeat myself about lying. But over the issue of paedophilia and bestiality, I am demonstrating my contempt for you.