Is consciousness an illusion?

Is consciousness an illusion?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K
within reason

Moves
309d

@fmf said
Consciousness is a set of capacities that enable us to ask such questions as the one in your OP although a truly enabling consciousness would have placed a question mark at the end of your sentence.
If you didn't see a question mark then how would you know a question was being asked.

F

Moves
309d

@kilroy70 said
If you didn't see a question mark then how would you know a question was being asked.
Because you correctly used one in the thread title and then your consciousness hung you out to dry when you were writing the incomplete text in the OP.

Moves
309d

@fmf said
If you feel this about your life and your interactions with your human environment, then that is a pity.

If, instead, all you are saying is that your religious beliefs make you feel able to claim that the minds of those who don't share your beliefs are stuck in a fish bowl, then that too is a pity.
I noticed you haven’t answered me on the other thread with your infinite wisdom and a glance into the mind of greatness!😁. Are you rattled, you sure are reaching limbs and missing? I said “the world consciousness “ i never mentioned God. I put the ? for you da.πŸ˜‚

K
within reason

Moves
309d
1 edit

@fmf said
Because you correctly used one in the thread title and then your consciousness hung you out to dry when you were writing the incomplete text in the OP.
Are you saying the text was incomplete because I did not use a question mark...???

"a truly enabling consciousness would have placed a question mark at the end of your sentence."

Well say no more! I'm gonna run down to the consciousness store before it closes and git me one of them enabling ones.

Moves
309d

@fmf said
You sound too pessimistic to me. I think the facility we have for our personal consciousness to interact with our surroundings and our own experiences, and those of others, is wonderful.

If this facility has been given to us by some sort of creator entity then I for one, am grateful. Life is a most extraordinary opportunity that I do not think is enhanced by dwelling on whe ...[text shortened]... iefs, then maybe that is a personal issue for you rather than for people who have different beliefs.
Such hate in your heart is everything ok in your life? I don’t even know what you’re talking about here, that’s strike 3 clown boy.

F

Moves
309d

@mike69 said
I noticed you haven’t answered me on the other thread with your infinite wisdom and a glance into the mind of greatness!😁. Are you rattled, you sure are reaching limbs and missing? I said “the world consciousness “ i never mentioned God. I put the ? for you da.πŸ˜‚
Yawn

F

Moves
309d
1 edit

@mike69 said
Such hate in your heart is everything ok in your life?
There is no "hate" in my heart. And there was zero "hate" in the post you were replying to.

F

Moves
309d

@kilroy70 said
Are you saying the text was incomplete because I did not use a question mark...???
Between us, we are flogging my little bit of levity to death, I think.

F

Moves
309d

@mike69 said
I don’t even know what you’re talking about here, that’s strike 3 clown boy.
Well, others might read it and see how it fits into the conversation. Thanks for the banter.

Moves
309d

@fmf
I can help you along if you want to try again? What’s funny is one of the points I’m talking about is being able to try and understand and accept one another more with our differences and love one another. Do you think there is enough hate in the world Fm? It seems like you’re very liberal with your love and understanding, that’s wonderful but why is it towards everyone except those who worship God? I hope this helps lead you in the direction of my thought pattern on what I wrote. I’m also sorry it wasn’t clear enough for you and feel free to keep making accusations although a question works better. P.s. I don’t mind if you use a question Mark or not, I won’t call u out for something so stupid so post as to what makes you feel comfortable😘.

F

Moves
309d

@mike69 said
@fmf
It seems like you’re very liberal with your love and understanding, that’s wonderful but why is it towards everyone except those who worship God?
I don't feel any ill-will towards anyone on account of their religious beliefs and thoughts, regardless of what God figure they worship.

Moves
309d

@fmf said
Well, others might read it and see how it fits into the conversation. Thanks for the banter.
So now you’re jumping to and knowing what others Might think and you’re talking about me?😁

F

Moves
309d

@mike69 said
Do you think there is enough hate in the world ?
There is, indeed, far too much of it.

F

Moves
309d

@mike69 said
So now you’re jumping to and knowing what others Might think and you’re talking about me?😁
As I said - in reply to you saying "I don’t even know what you’re talking about here" - well, nevermind, others might read it and see how it fits into this thread's conversation.

Moves
309d

@fmf said
I don't feel any ill-will towards anyone on account of their religious beliefs and thoughts, regardless of what God figure they worship.
You’re full of it. Do you disagree with my post knowing more about it now this is the topic are you having trouble keeping up. You seem to go from one thing to another. Are you going to apologize for your hate towards me?