Is consciousness an illusion?

Is consciousness an illusion?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
306d

@mike69 said
Are you going to apologize for your hate towards me?
There has been no "hate" towards you.

Moves
306d

@fmf said
There is, indeed, far too much of it.
Then why are you promoting more when you started attacking my personhood if you feel this way? Not to mention my faith which you jumped the gun on and went way overboard on me even if it was funny.

F

Moves
306d

@mike69 said
Then why are you promoting more when you started attacking my personhood if you feel this way? Not to mention my faith which you jumped the gun on and went way overboard on me even if it was funny.
There has been no "hate".

Disagreeing with you on a debate forum or drawing contrasts between what you believe and what I believe is not "hate".

Your "personhood" has not been "attacked".

I mentioned your faith because this is a Spirituality Forum and, if you are a Christian, and I take your word for it, then I know full well that your faith is a prism through which you see every moral and philosophical question.

Moves
306d

@fmf said
There has been no "hate" towards you.
Outrage manufacturer 😂😂. You’re a lying joke who doesn’t answer anything yet expects the world from everyone else when replying to you and you all wise and proper words.. it doesn’t matter how you personally write anything, a lying flake is a lying flake and everyone sees you. Why are you so unhappy inside, making a change starts with you it’s not easy but try and get your mind out of that fishbowl.

F

Moves
306d

@mike69 said
Outrage manufacturer 😂😂. You’re a lying joke who doesn’t answer anything yet expects the world from everyone else when replying to you and you all wise and proper words.. it doesn’t matter how you personally write anything, a lying flake is a lying flake and everyone sees you. Why are you so unhappy inside, making a change starts with you it’s not easy but try and get your mind out of that fishbowl.
I'm not interested in your banter.

Moves
306d

@fmf said
There has been no "hate".

Disagreeing with you on a debate forum or drawing contrasts between what you believe and what I believe is not "hate".

Your "personhood" has not been "attacked".

I mentioned your faith because this is a Spirituality Forum and, if you are a Christian, and I take your word for it, then I know full well that your faith is a prism through which you see every moral and philosophical question.
So that was you being nice judging me without a question on the other thread. Don’t forget all the kind words you spoke here without asking a question first? What’s funny is you worry about a left out question mark and don’t mind not asking one before judging and going overboard. Should we all just accept what you say here because you’re so smart. Why the high almighty act you put on all the time, does it make you feel important when you’re not at home?

F

Moves
306d

@mike69 said
So that was you being nice judging me without a question on the other thread. Don’t forget all the kind words you spoke here without asking a question first? What’s funny is you worry about a left out question mark and don’t mind not asking one before judging and going overboard. Should we all just accept what you say here because you’re so smart. Why the high almighty act you put on all the time, does it make you feel important when you’re not at home?
I wasn't judging your faith. I was calling you out for your trolling which makes up about 80-90% of your posting. Your post addressed to vivify was deeply hypocritical.

F

Moves
306d

@mike69 said
What’s funny is you worry about a left out question mark
Whoosh.

It was a jocular remark which Kilroy70 fielded with similar jocularity.

F

Moves
306d

@mike69 said
Should we all just accept what you say here because you’re so smart. Why the high almighty act you put on all the time, does it make you feel important when you’re not at home?
I'm not interested in this kind of banter.

Moves
306d

@fmf said
I'm not interested in your banter.
You sure as hell aren’t interested in answering anything either have a good one FMF. Sorry things didn’t work out with your manufactured bs, you should change that.

F

Moves
306d

@mike69 said
You sure as hell aren’t interested in answering anything either have a good one FMF. Sorry things didn’t work out with your manufactured bs, you should change that.
Yawn

F

Moves
306d

It's interesting how one can spend a few thoughtful moments writing some contributions to a thread, and then you have posters like josephw, mike69 and Suzianne who swoop in determined to play the man rather than the ball.

F

Moves
306d

@vivify said
What is the "world" to a fish in a fishbowl? It's entire world is that fishbowl and it has no ability to realize there's a world outside of it. Sure, it can see through the glass but can it understand that it's actually looking at images beyond its walls? Or does it regard them the same way early humans thought the stars were part of Earth's sky like clouds?
The more pertinent thing about a goldfish in a bowl is that it has a problem with memory. Consciousness with little or no memory would be very rudimentary and not humanlike. Our access to our memories and ability to analyze them lies at the very core of our conscience and ability to govern how we interact with others.

Moves
306d

@fmf said
The more pertinent thing about a goldfish in a bowl is that it has a problem with memory. Consciousness with little or no memory would be very rudimentary and not humanlike. Our access to our memories and ability to analyze them lies at the very core of our conscience and ability to govern how we interact with others.
Yes it’s used for that as individuals, in our individual family ~local consciousness, beliefs, and basic construct for a set of interactions that exist in each of our personal goldfish bowls. This limits interactions with other systems and types of fish to what is seen and heard combined with each environment. How do we arise to a collective consciousness where we understand and appreciate one another as when we’re all in the same tank as we are? Some tanks may be bigger and nicer but overall the things you mention between interactions and on are formed and nurtured in each of our little tanks comparably. Agree or disagree?

F

Moves
306d

@mike69 said
Yes it’s used for that as individuals, in our individual family ~local consciousness, beliefs, and basic construct for a set of interactions that exist in each of our personal goldfish bowls. This limits interactions with other systems and types of fish to what is seen and heard combined with each environment. How do we arise to a collective consciousness where we understand ...[text shortened]... eractions and on are formed and nurtured in each of our little tanks comparably. Agree or disagree?
I think the "personal goldfish bowls" analogy is a dud. Goldfish have virtually no memory at all. As I said, consciousness with no memory would perhaps not really be consciousness at all.