1. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 10:551 edit
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    [b]I don't remember expressing any assumption that death is some sort of sufferring.

English is not my first language as it is for you. So may be my sentense is not clear, or I didn't express my question in a good way...

But any way I think you got my point..

It need not be a sufferring. But of course some deaths are painful and dramatic; so really don't know how they are going to help. I think you may know my answer already.
    "I mean do you need the answer to prove GOD existance to yourself, or you belive that GOD exists but you don't like what he did or do."

I have said this many time on here. I do believe in god's existence. I have no tangible evidence to support my belief. At the same time I believe in the processes of mutations and evolution. I believe that we came from something primitive which evolved over the eons to become something as sophisticated as what we are today. But I can't believe it all happened randomly or by accident. It is this element of 'random' in the process that I can't accept. Since I can't accept that it all happened randomly, then I am drawn to the idea that perhaps there is a designer that moved the process in a certain direction. But again, I have no evidence to support such an idea.

Although I believe in god's existence, I don't believe in the gods of any of the many religions, including Christianity and Islam. The gods of the religions are generally conceited beings who yearn to be worshipped, loved, glorified etc. On the one hand, they tell us to be good and nice. But on the other hand, what really matters is that we worship them. That you spend your entire life doing good matters little if you did not worship him. You will still be condemned to the fire of hell, you see.

If I am god, I would not force my subjects to worship me. I would give them the freedom to choose. I would not say, "Oh, since you refused to accept me, then I will give you hell, because that's what you have chosen!".

On the contrary, I would still welcome them into heaven if they have done good in their lifetime. I think it is unreasonable to expect perfection when it comes to us humans. Therefore there must be some sort of balance. All of us must have done some bad and good deeds in our lives. The questions is, which one is more? If I were god, I would balance it out. If a person has done more good than bad in his lifetime, then I would take welcome into heaven, WHETHER OR NOT HE HAS SPENT HIS ENTIRE LIFE WORSHIPPING ME. After all, being good should be given the highest priority, as opposed to worshipping me?

But the gods of the religions are not like that at all. They expect you to worship them. There is more emphasis on worshipping him, rather than doing good in your life. And if you get too far ignoring god, then god will simply flood the world and kill everybody, including unborn infants who had no opportunity to do good or bad. That's why I don't believe in the gods of the religions.

"Do you think that the GOD who gave you every aspect of you life, need you to question him?"

I really don't know what answer you are expecting from me. If I am god I wouldn't mind it if my subjects questioned me. In fact, I would welcome it! And being a know-it-all being, I would gladly explain my actions to them. Never would I construe their questioning as amounting to a disrespect or ungratefulness. After all, why won't I explain to them? Why would I want to punish them for questioning?

"I can give you an answer, for all your questions but I really don't know how they are going to help."

Here, I must be very careful. You are obviously convinced that you know all the answers. I say without shame that I don't know all the answers. I have my little ideas, some of which I have elaborated above. I don't mind listening to you. But as you already know, I don't believe in religions -- and their respective holy books. So leave out whatever 'answers' you might be tempted to extract from them. Anything other than that, I would welcome tangible evidence. Otherwise, my guess is as good as yours. Fair enough?
  2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 18:00
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    ...if you are not planning to have babies?
    Yes. The world is overpopulated.
  3. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 21:00
    ...if you are not planning to have babies?
    Not tonight it isn't!
  4. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 23:32
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Yes. The world is overpopulated.
    That's my opinion.
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 00:42
    That's my opinion.
    One shared by many scientists;

http://dieoff.org/page75.htm
  6. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 00:43
    Originally posted by scottishinnz

Merci.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 01:20
    Originally posted by scottishinnz

Better look at Thread 62165.
  8. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 23:57
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Better look at Thread 62165.
    It's too long to read. Can anyone summerize in a few sentences please?
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 22:31
    It's too long to read. Can anyone summerize in a few sentences please?
    In Washington infertile couples won't be able to be married if some Proposition passes. Many people are outraged. Others find it amusing.

Lazy punk!
  10. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 17:38
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    In Washington infertile couples won't be able to be married if some Proposition passes. Many people are outraged. Others find it amusing.

Lazy punk!
    Hey thanks.

The Soft G

p.s. Subscribers!, please make sure you vote for my pirate poll. Thread 63062[/b]

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree