Is it a sin to have sex?

Is it a sin to have sex?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Feb 07

Originally posted by aardvarkhome
You know very little about me or my world view.

When you suggest I need to learn more to get a broader perspective you are insulting my intelligence and now you have the gall to complain about some name calling.

Ignoring other opinions is what you people do best, stick with what you're good at
I humbly conceed. But perhaps you underestimate me as well. I get a little frustrated too! And a little confused at times trying to keep track of the thead. I'm a newcomer here and trying to get up to speed.

One thing that throws me off is the absents of a face to face confrontation. I can't see you, can't read body language. can't hear the tone of voice, or the look in your eye.

I'm not offended when someone calls me names, though it makes me feel disrespected.

One other thing, we are obviously on oppisite sides of the God issue. I think. How do we dicuss this topic without fighting? If you're interested that is.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Feb 07

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
He's only resorting to 'name calling' out of frustration. Very often the stubborn dogma we are confronted with by literal Christians makes any constructive debate impossible.

For example Ass...er, Acemasters assertion that Hell is literally and physically at the center of the Earth is undebatable. Not because he's right, but, because he won't bud ...[text shortened]... nd you will left apart from God for eternity.

Anything wrong with what I've said?
I realize that now. Frame the debate and let's see what we can do.

Let me explain why we christains won't budge: It's because we recogize and affirm that God is the final authority and that his word (the Bible) is his instruction manual for life. I realize how this position can be frustating to the non believer because of the glaring hypocrasy evident in the so called church of God. Someone once said to me that satan does his best work from the pulpit.

I, for one, would be delighted to have a constructive debate. That is what I want to do here.

Yes, I do see your point. But, as to knowing the will of God, I will simply have to quote a certain verse that comes to mind, and then I'll leave it there for you to respond to.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect, will of God.

G

Moves
01 Feb 07

Originally posted by josephw

Let me explain why we christains won't budge: It's because we recogize and affirm that God is the final authority and that his word (the Bible) is his instruction manual for life. I realize how this position can be frustating to the non believer because of the glaring hypocrasy evident in ...[text shortened]... g of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect, will of God.
God is dead.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
01 Feb 07

Originally posted by Acemaster
Right. Personally, I believe in having sex for only the purpose of having a baby. I don't believe the Bible says anything about that, but I see it as right.
So, when a woman goes through menopause or has a historectomy
because of uterine cancer, it would be a sin for her and her husband
to have sex?

Nemesio

S

Moves
02 Feb 07

Originally posted by GinoJ
God is dead.
If you acknowledge that there is a God, then maybe we can get somewhere! 🙂

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
02 Feb 07

Let me explain why we christains won't budge: It's because we recogize and affirm that God is the final authority and that his word (the Bible) is his instruction manual for life. I realize how this position can be frustating to the non believer because of the glaring hypocrasy evident in ...[text shortened]... g of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect, will of God.
I don't think making the assumption that I'm not a Christian is appropriate. Regardless, I have a different view of what it means to be a Christian or, possibly, even a good person.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
02 Feb 07

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
I don't think making the assumption that I'm not a Christian is appropriate. Regardless, I have a different view of what it means to be a Christian or, possibly, even a good person.
I acually did think, to be honest, that you were not a christian. But I based that on what I read in your posts. Truthfully, I don't know wether you are a christian or not, unless you tell me.

What is your view of what it means to be a christian, and or, a good person, and how do you arive at your conclusion.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
02 Feb 07

Originally posted by GinoJ
God is dead.
Do you want me to reply?

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
02 Feb 07

Originally posted by Nemesio
So, when a woman goes through menopause or has a historectomy
because of uterine cancer, it would be a sin for her and her husband
to have sex?

Nemesio
No, so long as they still WISH they could have children...

😕

G

Moves
02 Feb 07

Do you want me to reply?
Go ahead.

G

Moves
02 Feb 07
1 edit

Originally posted by SharpeMother
My mother told me placing my faith in God was the answer but then I hated God because he gave my mother cancer.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
02 Feb 07

Originally posted by orfeo
No, so long as they still WISH they could have children...

😕
LOL!

c

Moves
02 Feb 07

What about bishops and popes caught abusing alterboys sexually? Is that sin? And what if nuns are having sex? And better still, what if the bishops, defeated by their humanly desires, have sex with their own hands? Surely these bishops are not harming anyone?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
02 Feb 07

Originally posted by SharpeMother
I don't think anyone would disagree that God exists as a concept. You are going to be very hard pressed to provide empirical evidence for that one though.

C
Dark Legend

Galaxy near You

Moves
02 Feb 07

Originally posted by scottishinnz
I don't think anyone would disagree that God exists as a concept. You are going to be very hard pressed to provide empirical evidence for that one though.
To believe in God means that you have to have faith that there is a God. I also believe that God does things that are not meant to be understood.
I used to be a non-believer, but I have been a witness to miraculous things that cannot be explained, therefore I have come to the conclusion that God allows us to understand things when we are ready to understand.
Why is it we can understand and explain complex phenomena in our physical world and yet we can't really explain how the brain functions or even the true concept of consciousness? Because He is not ready for us to know yet.