1. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 08:01
    ...if you are not planning to have babies?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 08:14
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    If you are not married then yes the Bible says it is a sin. If you are married but do not plan to have babies then the sex may not be a sin but the not having babies might be. I think the Bible does promote the idea that sex is not solely for the purposes of reproduction.
    If you do make a mistake however and then have an abortion then that might also be a sin.

If sex without babies was a sin then it would mean that women could not get married after a certain age.

I am not a Christian and am trying to reply based on my understanding of the Christian definition of sin. Other religions may have other viewpoints.

A popular argument against homosexual sex is that children cannot be produced. However this does not take into account the case of people who know that they are incurably infertile, people who are no longer fertile (due to age or other), adoption etc.

However the Bible says that Homosexual sex is a sin in an of itself, not solely because of the no children factor.
  3. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 08:202 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If you are not married then yes the Bible says it is a sin. If you are married but do not plan to have babies then the sex may not be a sin but the not having babies might be. I think the Bible does promote the idea that sex is not solely for the purposes of reproduction.
    If you do make a mistake however and then have an abortion then that might also be ...[text shortened]... says that Homosexual sex is a sin in an of itself, not solely because of the no children factor.
    The Qur'an forbids to have sex unless you are planning to have babies as well.

It also says not to have sex when the woman is on her period.(I hate that! I never did myself so I believe I save a lot of sins right there)

It makes sense what Bible and Qur'an say maybe we should stop having sex.

Maybe it will help to reduce the over-population of apes on earth.

However, if Darwin is true it means we can never stop it. We always wanna evolve for the more and the better. 😕

It is like we are programmed to have as much sex as possible so that our species won't become extinct.

I do not now how that relates to Darwin's thory either.

Please somebody (preferable a biologist or someone knowledgable) enlighten me on this issue.

p.s. "Why do we even want to continue to reproduce?" is another philosophical question.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 10:41
    Please somebody (preferable a biologist or someone knowledgable) enlighten me on this issue.
    From a scientific point of view, sex in humans is not solely for the purpose of reproduction. Is is a very important factor in ensuring couple bonding thus encouraging two parents to nurture the children and enabling specialization in the male and female roles.
    Many species only have sex when it is most likely to result in pregnancy.
  5. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 12:08

It also says not to have sex when the woman is on her period.(I hate that! I never did myself so I believe I save a lot of sins right there)

Maybe it will help to reduce the over-population of apes on ...[text shortened]...

p.s. "Why do we even want to continue to reproduce?" is another philosophical question.
    Ask Christians (or Muslims I suppose) what heaven is, and you'll get the
    answer that it's a place where godfearing people go when they die. It's
    obvious they don't really know anything about sex.
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 17:13

Maybe it will help to reduce the over-population of apes on ...[text shortened]...

Can you give me a reference from Quran that support your claim. Actually I have never heard about that.

There is no place in Quran that relate having babies to sex. If you know it tell me.

I don't know about the Bible, but I know that Quran doesn't ask to stop having sex.

Maybe it will help to reduce the over-population of apes on earth.
    This really doesn't make any sense.
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 17:152 edits
    Originally posted by stocken
    Ask Christians (or Muslims I suppose) what heaven is, and you'll get the
    answer that it's a place where godfearing people go when they die. It's
    obvious they don't really know anything about sex.
    Can you tell me what is the relation about knowing anything about sex and heaven.

Edit: Islam say we can go to heaven if we have sex (Of course in marriage).
  8. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 17:32
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    Can you tell me what is the relation about knowing anything about sex and heaven.
    Sex is heaven. Not some after-death-place.
  9. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 17:56

Conclusion :

These books were written by people that weren't getting any.
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 18:52
    Originally posted by stocken
    Sex is heaven. Not some after-death-place.
    Enjoy your heaven then
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 19:20
    The answer is no! But, according to the God of the Bible, who created the institution of marriage, it is a sin (it's wrong) to have sexual relations with anyone outside of that institution. It's called fornication if you are unmarried, and adultury if you are married and have sexual relations with someone who is not your spouse.
  12. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 19:40
    Originally posted by josephw
    The answer is no! But, according to the God of the Bible, who created the institution of marriage, it is a sin (it's wrong) to have sexual relations with anyone outside of that institution. It's called fornication if you are unmarried, and adultury if you are married and have sexual relations with someone who is not your spouse.
    Right. Personally, I believe in having sex for only the purpose of having a baby. I don't believe the Bible says anything about that, but I see it as right.
  13. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 20:21
    Originally posted by Acemaster
    Right. Personally, I believe in having sex for only the purpose of having a baby. I don't believe the Bible says anything about that, but I see it as right.
    Me too, that makes sense but there's a lot of tension that builds up in your body when you do not play around with a woman.

What are you gonna do about that?
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 20:44
    Hey Arsemaster, you will never snag a wife with that attitude. YOU may not want sex but I think the girl will.
  15. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 21:32
    So, only for making babies? Where do you draw the line?

Your wife doesn't get pregnant after having sex once, do you stop? Say you try for a week, even a month, but nothing happens.
    You go to the doctor and he says your wife only has a 30% chance of becoming pregnant because of [some medical condition].
    Now what?

Just because it feels good surely doesn't mean it's a sin?

You 'narrow-roaders' sure can make life so complicated...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree