Is it all good?

Is it all good?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
09 May 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Sorry, I do not converse with liars.
What makes you claim some Christians you've never met are timid and submissive?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
What makes you claim some Christians you've never met are timid and submissive?

F

Moves
09 May 18

In response to my personal testimony about my loss of faith you have suggested that my Christian family, friends and colleagues are timid and submissive "milquetoasts"? Why?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 May 18

Maybe you should read FMF's post I was replying to when I originally remarked about his rather milquetoast description of Christians in his area.

But you won't. Like him, all you are interested in is lying about Christians.
No thanks. Most of your posts remind me of how annoying some women can be. .. nitpicking, petty, fussy childish emotional and needy, and how appropriate it was for Paul to advise them to keep silence in the churches.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 May 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
No thanks. Most of your posts remind me of how annoying some women can be. .. nitpicking, petty, fussy childish emotional and needy, and how appropriate it was for Paul to advise them to keep silence in the churches.
"Thanks" for your sexism. Your mother must be so proud.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 May 18

And yet probably 50% of your posts here are directed at FMF...

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
And yet probably 50% of your posts here are directed at FMF...
So, are you saying (as it sounds like you are) that FMF is a liar?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 May 18
1 edit

So, are you saying (as it sounds like you are) that FMF is a liar?
No I’m saying you are being silly and a bit dishonest.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
No I’m saying you are being silly and a bit dishonest.
Said his pet pit bull.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 May 18

In response to my personal testimony about my loss of faith you have suggested that my Christian family, friends and colleagues are timid and submissive "milquetoasts"? Why?
Because they are?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 May 18

Said his pet pit bull.
tiger’s bark is worse than his bite.

The only exceptions are if you try to take away a pint of ale or PB&J sandwich from him.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 May 18
1 edit

I've met several ex-Christians on my travels who cited Revelation as a factor in their loss of Christian beliefs as it was for me. As I recall, it was the first book of the Bible to "go" when I entered into the process that resulted in me realizing I'd lost my faith.
I'm a little surprised more Christian's haven't responded to this explanation by you about your loss of Christian faith. Perhaps they'd just prefer to go on pretending you had avoided addressing the issue.

F

Moves
10 May 18
1 edit

FMF: Revelation as a factor in their loss of Christian beliefs as it was for me. As I recall, it was the first book of the Bible to "go" when I entered into the process that resulted in me realizing I'd lost my faith.

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
I'm a little surprised more Christian's haven't responded to this explanation by your about your loss of Christian faith. Perhaps they'd just prefer to go on pretending you had avoided addressing the issue.
Bogus origin. Someone wrote down his "vision"? Sure.

Tacked on late in the day. How long had Jesus been dead? 50 or 60 years?

Deliberately opaque and given to divisive, competing interpretations.

Totally pretentious and portentous, unlike Jesus as portrayed elsewhere in the NT.

It takes the plain-spoken clear man-in-the-street message typical of much of the NT away from the man in the street and hands it to institutionalized "experts" and self-defining "experts" to interpret and pontificate about.

Just what corporate Christianity needed as a tool of control ~ to sharpen the morally incoherent 'eternal torture' doctrine ~ and as insulation for their elites.

Probably added by ecclesiastical technocrats with great and careful calculation.

Possibly aimed at taking certain Christianities [at that time] out of the game.

The fact it "links" up with previous literature is, of course, no surprise whatsoever.

It's like a pack of cards designed for rhetorical party tricks.

Back when it was ONLY in Latin ~ it was even more exquisitely remote from ordinary folk, and its calculated obfuscation even more splendid.

So much non-credibility surrounding it ~ making it a factor in undermining the credibility of the NT for me (and others I have met and discussed it with) and, I suppose, was the beginning of the end.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 May 18

Bogus origin. Someone wrote down his "vision"? Sure.

Tacked on late in the day. How long had Jesus been dead? 50 or 60 years?

Deliberately opaque and given to divisive, competing interpretations.

Totally pretentious and portentous, unlike Jesus as portrayed elsewhere in the NT.

It takes the plain-spoken clear man-in-the-street message typical of ...[text shortened]... r me (and others I have met and discussed it with) and, I suppose, was the beginning of the end.
Someone will be along shortly sir to say you have never spoken about the reasons for your loss of belief. (Though probably in a different thread).

F

Moves
10 May 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Someone will be along shortly sir to say you have never spoken about the reasons for your loss of belief. (Though probably in a different thread).
What's more, the myriad of reasons why I no longer have Christian faith have been pretty obvious and expressed and illustrated in detail thanks to the specific content of issues raised in about 25,000 of my posts on this forum, day in day out, thread after thread, for more than a decade.