Is it all good?

Is it all good?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 May 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
"I still move in Christians circles..."

Christians move in circles, while atheists progress in straight lines. It's basic geometry.
Yes, straight lines from north to south.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
The "clean break" has been a personal one and in terms of ideology and philosophy. I still move in Christians circles; I still work with Christian groups; I still have clients whose work is on Christian projects; I still go to church reasonably often ~ I find myself meditating on happy past times and occasionally comparing them to the profoundly ugly "Christian ...[text shortened]... tood any of the personal information I have revealed about this here over the last decade or so.
You can believe whatever you want to believe. But that doesn't affect what I believe in the slightest. The only "conjectures" or "dark mutterings" here are profoundly yours, if this is the way you miscategorize everything I've been saying here for as long as I've been saying it. And as far as your "personal information", none of it is excessively profound, or mysterious, or even hard to understand, despite your promotional advertisements. All I know is that you are perhaps one of the most vitriolic, fact-twisting, miscategorizing and misinformed unbelievers in this forum who almost exclusively spends his time in this forum attacking Christians. All I can gather by your rather milquetoast description of Christians in your part of the world is that they are simply not eager to continue fighting with your blatant attacks, or, perhaps, that they are that way because for some reason you don't attack those you love, live with and work with. No surprises there. But for the Christian community *in this forum*, perhaps you should understand that most of us are American and we stand up for ourselves and do not bow under attacks, especially cheap attacks like yours. Most of us in this forum who are Christians react to you in the way we do because of the constant attacks by people like you. I daresay that if you treated us like you treat the Christians closest to you (which is no doubt well, only fools tend to crap in their own beds), then you might just find that we treat you less aggressively as well.

And yeah, just wondering, why do you "still go to church"? Is it the music?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 May 18

We once had a 'world food day' at work and people brought in dishes they cooked themselves from their various cultures. Naturally, I cheated and brought in 2 supermarket trifles, one strawberry, and one sherry. The senior manager decided we couldn't serve the sherry trifle (because of the alcohol content).

It remained abandoned in the fridge.
Ahhh, darn those managers. Just sucking the fun out of everything. I would've taken it home after seeing it go untouched. Or, just digging in and daring the managers to complain (all while feigning ignorance of the alcohol content). 😛

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 May 18

"I still move in Christians circles..."

Christians move in circles, while atheists progress in straight lines. It's basic geometry.
I wonder if they go anti-clockwise in the southern hemisphere.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 May 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @suzianne
No. I don't doubt that the reasons put forth by FMF are his reasons.

I just don't know anyone else who had that kind of a clean break. Perhaps because if they did, then they were still loathe to admit it. But I also saw plenty of evidence that those who did fall away never had all that healthy of a relationship with God to begin with. Many I talked ...[text shortened]... w, telling lies is not my thing. You should probably stop trying to make it appear as if it is.
What I’m doing suzianne is scrutinising your judgement of FMF. You claim to know many people who have lost their faith and yet FMF is the only one that you imply is being dishonest about it, why is that?

I’ll tell you why it is, it is because you don’t like him, right? This is another example of you allowing your partisan mindset to interfere with your judgment and treatment of people in here, both those your like and those you don’t.

Play the ball not the player.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
07 May 18

You can believe whatever you want to believe. But that doesn't affect what I believe in the slightest. The only "conjectures" or "dark mutterings" here are profoundly yours, if this is the way you miscategorize everything I've been saying here for as long as I've been saying it. And as far as your "personal information", none of it is excessively profou ...[text shortened]... ively as well.

And yeah, just wondering, why do you "still go to church"? Is it the music?
"...you should understand that most of us are American and we stand up for ourselves..."

Freedom and the liberty to make our voices heard, and not to knuckle under anyone's tyrannical misconceptions and mischaracterizations of our faith in God, or our right to exercise our God given capacities to express our thoughts and ideas in the public sphere, and our freedom to live in a just and equitable society.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
07 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
What I’m doing suzianne is scrutinising your judgement of FMF. You claim to know many people who have lost their faith and yet FMF is the only one that you imply is being dishonest about it, why is that?

I’ll tell you why it is, it is because you don’t like him, right? This is another example of you allowing your partisan mindset to interfere with ...[text shortened]... t of people in here, both those your like and those you don’t.

Take your own advice.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 May 18

I’ll tell you why it is, it is because you don’t like him, right? This is another example of you allowing your partisan mindset to interfere with ...[text shortened]... t of people in here, both those your like and those you don’t.

Perhaps you need better reading comprehension.

You said, "yet FMF is the only one that you imply is being dishonest about it..."

I'm implying no such thing. This is why I said that you could have just read my answer instead of misreading it and flying off the handle.

The rest of your post is therefore nonsensical, self-serving and entirely moot, existing only to further your own agenda.

Moves
07 May 18

Sorry to say but that is rich coming from you Diver.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 May 18

Originally posted by @secondson
[b]"...you should understand that most of us are American and we stand up for ourselves..."

Freedom and the liberty to make our voices heard, and not to knuckle under anyone's tyrannical misconceptions and mischaracterizations of our faith in God, or our right to exercise our God given capacities to express our thoughts and ideas in the public sphere, and our freedom to live in a just and equitable society.[/b]
And yet they still try to run us down for it. Because make no mistake, that is exactly what they are doing, despite their hand-wringing.

Moves
07 May 18

I’ll tell you why it is, it is because you don’t like him, right? This is another example of you allowing your partisan mindset to interfere with your judgment and treatment of people in here, both those you like and those you don’t.

Could say exactly the same to you about your treatment of Romans here among others.

F

Moves
07 May 18

You can believe whatever you want to believe.
Well, I was talking about myself and the fact that I continue to live among Christians. So why would I NOT believe what I believe about it?

F

Moves
07 May 18

All I know is that you are perhaps one of the most vitriolic, fact-twisting, miscategorizing and misinformed unbelievers in this forum who almost exclusively spends his time in this forum attacking Christians.
I think this is a mischaracterization of my contribution to this community.

F

Moves
07 May 18
1 edit

But for the Christian community *in this forum*, perhaps you should understand that most of us are American and we stand up for ourselves and do not bow under attacks, especially cheap attacks like yours. Most of us in this forum who are Christians react to you in the way we do because of the constant attacks by people like you. I daresay that if ...[text shortened]... o crap in their own beds), then you might just find that we treat you less aggressively as well.
This whole bit of your post seems to assume that your behaviour and demeanour on this forum is something that worries me or affects me or means much in the wider scheme of things.

F

Moves
07 May 18

Originally posted by @secondson
Freedom and the liberty to make our voices heard, and not to knuckle under anyone's tyrannical misconceptions and mischaracterizations of our faith in God, or our right to exercise our God given capacities to express our thoughts and ideas in the public sphere, and our freedom to live in a just and equitable society.
Which of these "freedoms" and "capacities" are under threat, do you think, on this message board?