Is it all good?

Is it all good?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 May 18

Originally posted by @secondson
Take your own advice.
Have an example of me playing the player rather than the ball?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 May 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @suzianne
Perhaps you need better reading comprehension.

You said, "yet FMF is the only one that you imply is being dishonest about it..."

I'm implying no such thing. This is why I said that you could have just read my answer instead of misreading it and flying off the handle.

The rest of your post is therefore nonsensical, self-serving and entirely moot, existing only to further your own agenda.
If I have misread you then I sincerely apologise. However I am not “flying of the handle”.

Here is the post you made which I am questioning; you were replying to FMF who was explaining his reason for loss of faith was the book of Revelation.

No, I don't know any steadfastly EX-Christians who have given up on Christianity. Most fallen Christians I've talked with seem initially regretful that they no longer feel "part of the flock", but when I try to encourage them back, they are full of excuses, which tells me they have "given up" and would rather remain detached from any spiritual matters. In no case has any of these "wayward sons" given the name of a book in the Bible as the reason they no longer follow Christ.

Moves
07 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Name calling in your book is playing the ball?

Moves
07 May 18

Ahhh, darn those managers. Just sucking the fun out of everything. I would've taken it home after seeing it go untouched. Or, just digging in and daring the managers to complain (all while feigning ignorance of the alcohol content). 😛
It had been my intention to reclaim it before leaving.

Of course, I forgot.

😞

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 May 18

How about that soccer game against Northwest last week, tiger? Remember how you were paired against that boy you don’t like and were penalized for tackling him? Were you “playing the ball” then?

F

Moves
08 May 18

...I also saw plenty of evidence that those who did fall away never had all that healthy of a relationship with God to begin with. Many I talked with had varying degrees of mental illness as well, so that might also account for it.
What proportion of the ex-Christians/"fallen"-Christians you know, do you believe, had some sort of "mental illness" [of varying degrees] that you think would account for their loss of faith?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
What proportion of the ex-Christians/"fallen"-Christians you know, do you believe, had some sort of "mental illness" [of varying degrees] that you think would account for their loss of faith?
Please explain the purpose of asking this question.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 May 18

What I’m doing suzianne is scrutinising your judgement of FMF. You claim to know many people who have lost their faith and yet FMF is the only one that you imply is being dishonest about it, why is that?

I’ll tell you why it is, it is because you don’t like him, right? This is another example of you allowing your partisan mindset to interfere with ...[text shortened]... t of people in here, both those your like and those you don’t.

Play the ball not the player.
This post is actually beneath you.

In my opinion.

F

Moves
08 May 18

To find out what your answer is. You attributed "many" of your 'fallen Christian' friends' loss of faith to "varying degrees" of mental illness. What proportion of them? Nearly 100%? Around 75%? Half of them? Less than half?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 May 18

In my opinion.
I’m happy with it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
To find out what your answer is. You attributed "many" of your 'fallen Christian' friends' loss of faith to "varying degrees" of mental illness. What proportion of them? Nearly 100%? Around 75%? Half of them? Less than half?
Was your loss of faith in any way due to mental illness?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 18

I’m happy with it.
No you’re not, tiger.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 18

His purpose in asking you that question was to initiate a five-hour, rapid-fire, heavy-breathing question-asking marathon that, should you be foolish enough to participate, will end with him whizzing in the pool.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 18

In my opinion.
Nothing’s beneath tiger.

F

Moves
08 May 18

Was your loss of faith in any way due to mental illness?
No.