Is it all good?

Is it all good?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 May 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
No, jackass. I called your [b]description of them 'milquetoast'.

Please, if you're going to deride me, please actually read what I post and not your version of what I post.[/b]
Another Christian filled with the Holy Spirit.

F

Moves
09 May 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Another Christian filled with the Holy Spirit.
Why is she referring to Christians she's never met as "milquetoasts"?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
To find out what your answer is. You attributed "many" of your 'fallen Christian' friends' loss of faith to "varying degrees" of mental illness. What proportion of them? Nearly 100%? Around 75%? Half of them? Less than half?
You are unbelievable. Here is what I wrote:
"Many I talked with had varying degrees of mental illness as well, so that might also account for it."

You, for some reason, change this to, "You attributed "many" of your 'fallen Christian' friends' loss of faith to "varying degrees" of mental illness."

First of all, they weren't my "friends". All of my friends who ever were Christian are still Christian. None of them are "fallen Christians". I am talking about people I come into contact with regularly whom I have happened to talk to about the subject. This includes many homeless people, who often have a higher incidence of mental illness than the general population. I see you and others have tried to make this a way bigger deal in this thread than it was originally (what else is new?) At no time was I implying that everyone who leaves the Christian faith has mental illness. But of course you would try to paint it that way, and, judging by the number of people who have repeated your claims, you seem to have been successful in painting me as some kind of 'crank', including "not thinking it through", or even a "nonsensical link between loss of faith and 'loss of sanity.' " I never claimed such a thing, and if these people "thought it through" they'd see that they were lead astray by your determination to make it sound as though I said something I did not.

This is what you do. And this is the prime reason why I do not respond to your leading questions meant to try to "bait" me. I usually ignore your attempts to make me look stupid, but sometimes you are successful in your attempt to slather it on so thick as to make it "obvious", even to those who ordinarily do not fall for such cheap stunts. The post I responded to here is classic FMF. Even a child can see what you're doing with this. This is why I said to you earlier, in response to a similar taunting post, "Please explain the purpose of asking this question", hoping to show exactly what you were doing, but it clearly passed by unnoticed by those who bought into your lame tactic.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 May 18
1 edit

Please read my post. If you cannot show me that simple courtesy, then we are done here.

AGAIN, you mangle what I post. I'll have no choice but to alert your posts if you insist on lying about what I post. One MIGHT think that people can figure this simple tactic out for themselves, but I see they are as devoid of ethics as you are.

F

Moves
09 May 18
1 edit

You are unbelievable. Here is what I wrote:
"Many I talked with had varying degrees of mental illness as well, so that might also account for it."

You, for some reason, change this to, "You attributed "many" of your 'fallen Christian' friends' loss of faith to "varying degrees" of mental illness."

First of all, they weren't my "friends". All of my ...[text shortened]... at you were doing, but it clearly passed by unnoticed by those who bought into your lame tactic.
What proportion of your ex-Christian or "fallen Christian" friends (or acquaintances) do think had a loss of faith that can be attributed to "mental illness"? You said "many" of them. What proportion of them do you that'd be?

F

Moves
09 May 18

Please read my post. If you cannot show me that simple courtesy, then we are done here.

AGAIN, you mangle what I post. I'll have no choice but to alert your posts if you insist on lying about what I post. One MIGHT think that people can figure this simple tactic out for themselves, but I see they are as devoid of ethics as you are.
Who are the 'milquetoast Christians' you are on about? A "milquetoast" is a person. Which persons are you referring to?

F

Moves
09 May 18

I'll have no choice but to alert your posts if you insist on lying about what I post.
Which of my posts are you going to alert?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 May 18

I did read it. It said: the "rather milquetoast description of Christians in [my] part of the world". Who are these "milquetoasts" you are talking about?
YOUR RATHER MILQUETOAST DESCRIPTION OF CHRISTIANS.

You are LYING about what I posted.

And in regards to your lame argument that milquetoast is a noun, see:
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/milquetoast

Particularly these examples of the word usage:

Examples from the Web for milquetoast
Contemporary Examples

"Either way, he stood out in a country whose media industry is often criticized for its milquetoast manner."
Canada’s Subversive Sock Puppet: Ed the Sock Isn’t Afraid to Say Anything Soraya Roberts November 13, 2014

"Hence, all the agreeing with Obama, all the adopting of milquetoast positions."
Debate III: Obama Wins, But Does It Do Him Any Good? Michael Tomasky October 23, 2012

"In contrast, Santorum's milquetoast “disagreement” looks pathetic and unpresidential."
“Get Out!” Says Christian-Supremacist Pastor. Does Rick Santorum Agree? Jay Michaelson March 20, 2012

"Gingrich has tried to depict Romney a milquetoast moderate in the line of former state governor Charlie Crist."
A Florida Win Will Make Headlines, But What About the Delegates? Matthew DeLuca January 27, 2012

"It was a modest—progressive critics might say milquetoast—line of argument."
What Really Happened at Harvard Samuel P. Jacobs May 10, 2010

"Jeffrey E. Garten on why a milquetoast bill is the best we can hope for."
Health Care Strangles Bank Reform! Jeffrey E. Garten April 10, 2010

--------------------------------

In ALL of these examples, the word milquetoast is used as an adjective.

I'm only going to ask you one more time to stop LYING.

F

Moves
09 May 18

YOUR RATHER MILQUETOAST DESCRIPTION OF CHRISTIANS.

You are LYING about what I posted.

And in regards to your lame argument that milquetoast is a noun, see:
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/milquetoast

Particularly these examples of the word usage:

Examples from the Web for milquetoast
Contemporary Examples

"Either way, he stood ...[text shortened]... lquetoast[/i] is used as an adjective.

Who are the "milquetoast" Christians you are referring to?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 May 18

What proportion of your ex-Christian or "fallen Christian" friends (or acquaintances) do think had a loss of faith that can be attributed to "mental illness"? You said "many" of them. What proportion of them do you that'd be?
Please stop asking me a question that I have already answered at length in the very post to which you are replying.

F

Moves
09 May 18

Please stop asking me a question that I have already answered at length in the very post to which you are replying.
Apart from "mental illness" being a reason - at least according to you - for loss of faith, what other reasons have you come across for people losing their Christian faith?

F

Moves
09 May 18

In ALL of these examples, the word milquetoast is used as an adjective.

So who are these "milquetoast" people you are talking about?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 May 18

Apart from "mental illness" being a reason - at least according to you - for loss of faith, what other reasons have you come across for people losing their Christian faith?
Sorry, I do not converse with liars.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 May 18

Never heard that word before, but according to Google it means timid or submissive. Not sure how it applies though...

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 May 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Never heard that word before, but according to Google it means timid or submissive. Not sure how it applies though...
Maybe you should read FMF's post I was replying to when I originally remarked about his rather milquetoast description of Christians in his area.

But you won't. Like him, all you are interested in is lying about Christians.