1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 22:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No i have a hope that i may be resurrected, I have a hope of living forever, but I am not saved, not by a long way and neither are you or jaywill.
    Ok, then what do you base your hope on?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 22:51
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Ok, then what do you base your hope on?
    Gods promises and Christ's promise that there will be a resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 22:56
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Gods promises and Christ's promise that there will be a resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous.
    So obviously your hope is to be one of the righteous? Me too. How do you obtain that righteousness?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 22:571 edit
    I'm not asking for specifics here, I am only asking how these sins are paid for now?
    I thought Paul was abundantly clear on that point. Maybe you have other writers who are not as gifted as Paul was confusing your brain.

Here it is again:

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

And there are at least 4 other clear passages like that.

Christ died for your sins but if you accept Christ and become born again and given Holy Spirit gifts etc ... :

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. (2 Peter 2:20-21 KJV)

Maybe your problem is you have put the interptations of fallible, even crooked men above the true and clear teachings of Christ and the Apostles. Chances are that what the Bible says is too harsh for you and you rather hear the sweet lies of fools than the truth from Christ and the Apostles.

Your choice.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 23:01
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I thought Paul was abundantly clear on that point. Maybe you have other writers who are not as gifted as Paul was confusing your brain.

Here it is again:

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

And there are at least 4 other clear passages like that ...[text shortened]... rather hear the sweet lies of fools than the truth from Christ and the Apostles.

Your choice.
    You have made this point abundantly clear. But that does not answer my question.
    Ok, so Jesus paid for our sins once. Got that....now if I have a bad thought, etc., and sin...how is that sin paid for?, since there remains no more sacrifice? Am I now condemned?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 23:032 edits
    You have made this point abundantly clear. But that does not answer my question.
    Ok, so Jesus paid for our sins once. Got that....now if I have a bad thought, etc., and sin...how is that sin paid for?, since there remains no more sacrifice? Am I now condemned?
    Jesus Christ the righteous judge will judge you.

Here is the whole passage that answers your question :

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
    (Hebrews 10:26-29 KJV)
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 23:09
    Jesus Christ the righteous judge will judge you.
    I can't pay for my sins on my own, so that means I will be condemned, by your reasoning.
    So, since Romans says we all have sinned and fall short, we are all condemned. 1 John says if you say you have no sin, you are a liar.

So guess what? You are condemned too. So is Robbie, Jaywill, the whole world! Let's remember Jesus only paid for our sins until we were born again, so every sin thereafter means condemnation because there is no more sacrifice for sin, since we can't crucify Jesus again.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 23:15
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    Could u point me to exactly where I say that?
    You were going on about sins after becoming a Christian, so I assumed you
    were of the ilk that claim only the perfect who never sin after they get
    saved that seem to be here in this thread. If you are not of that group, you
    seem to be.
    Kelly
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 23:221 edit
    I can't pay for my sins on my own, so that means I will be condemned, by your reasoning.
    So, since Romans says we all have sinned and fall short, we are all condemned. 1 John says if you say you have no sin, you are a liar.

So guess what? You are condemned too. So is Robbie, Jaywill, the whole world! Let's remember Jesus only paid for our sins until ...[text shortened]... ans condemnation because there is no more sacrifice for sin, since we can't crucify Jesus again.
    That is what the Bible says. We will all face judgment becuase all have sinned.

As for the condemnation part .. your words. I said nothing about condemnation. All will be judged. Christ will judge.

Somehow I cannot understand the problem. Clearly you have been so indoctrinated that you cannot accept what is clearly written in the Bible.

You rather see the long explanations which nobody udnerstands or appreciates with the conclusion ..".. therefore we are saved eternally.."

Actually there are some people who do not sin and are perfect in Gods eyes.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 23:29

As for the condemnation part .. your words. I said nothing about condemnation. All will be judged. Christ will judge.

Somehow I cannot understand the problem. Clearly you have been so indoctrinated that you cannot accept what is clearly written in the Bible.

You rather ...[text shortened]... eternally.."[/i]

Really? First of all, your first sentence and last sentence contradict each other.

So which is it? The bible says ALL have sinned, and 1 John says "He that says he has no sin, is a liar"
    Interesting that you say exactly the opposite of what the bible says.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 23:34
    Really? First of all, your first sentence and last sentence contradict each other.

[b]That is what the Bible says. We will all face judgment becuase all have sinned.

So which is it? The bible says ALL have sinned, and 1 John says "He that says he has no sin, is a liar"
    Interesting that you say exactly the opposite of what the bible says.[/b]
    I said we have sinned. The Bible has references to perfect people.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 23:36
    I said we have sinned. The Bible has references to perfect people.
    Like who? Lott?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 23:43
    Like who? Lott?
    I think you should take the time to read the Bible yourself.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 23:49
    I think you should take the time to read the Bible yourself.
    When Jesus judges, separates the goats from the sheep, what makes one righteous? I know your answer, follow the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles, but we will still sin on a day to day basis.
    God is holy and hates sin. So since we will all have sin, how easy it will be for us to be judged.
    Every one of us will be cast in the Lake of fire don't you think?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 23:54
    When Jesus judges, separates the goats from the sheep, what makes one righteous? I know your answer, follow the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles, but we will still sin on a day to day basis.
    God is holy and hates sin. So since we will all have sin, how easy it will be for us to be judged.
    Every one of us will be cast in the Lake of fire don't you think?
    Apparently it is hard for you to accept what the Bible says. These roundabout questions serve no purpose. Here are the facts:

1. Christ died for us
    2. We accept Christ and vow to follow his path
    3. We still sin on occasion
    4. We still follow in his footsteps to the best of our ability [hopefully]
    5. Christ judges [it is not for you to say it is easy or hard as that is not your place]

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree