Is Jesus enough?

Is Jesus enough?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Oct 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
So do you accept that people sin after they become Christian and that they
need God's help for that? Do you believe they will not sin after they become
Christian?
Kelly
Some do. I'm in no position to say everyone sins after baptism.

w

Moves
09 Oct 13
1 edit

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Would God send His only Son to bear our sin, becoming sin itself, and then judge Him without mercy for that sin if His sacrifice wasn’t enough? No! Yet, many Christians act as though it wasn’t enough and continue to believe God is withholding His blessing because of their sin. It’s time to learn the truth.

http://www.awmi.net/extra/article/jesus_enough
Jesus is all I have, so he better be enough.

Contrary to popular opinion, I'm a sinner! I've sinned in ignorance and I've sinnned willfully. I've sinned in the morning time, afternoon, and evening. I am nothing more than a petulant self righteous arrogant sinner.

So I turn to Christ.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Oct 13

Originally posted by Rajk999
Just some, are they now lost?
Kelly

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Oct 13

Just some, are they now lost?
Kelly
I'm sure I answered these questions already. They will be judged. Christ knows who is lost. I have no clue.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Oct 13
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
.. So I turn to Christ.
And he will say :

John 8:11 .. And Jesus said .. Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Oct 13

Originally posted by whodey
Jesus is all I have, so he better be enough.

Contrary to popular opinion, I'm a sinner! I've sinned in ignorance and I've sinnned willfully. I've sinned in the morning time, afternoon, and evening. I am nothing more than a petulant self righteous arrogant sinner.

So I turn to Christ.
Exactly, me too! But sin is now no longer imputed to the believer. God see's you through the lens of his son Jesus.
Your sin has been paid for, even the sin you have yet to commit. That is grace!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Oct 13

I'm sure I answered these questions already. They will be judged. Christ knows who is lost. I have no clue.
I more than likely never read your answer to that question, so please
forgive me and answer my question now. I know they will be judged,
everyone is going to be judged, but after baptism if they sin are they
lost forever or is there grace for them still, so they can still be forgiven?
Kelly

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Oct 13

I more than likely never read your answer to that question, so please
forgive me and answer my question now. I know they will be judged,
everyone is going to be judged, but after baptism if they sin are they
lost forever or is there grace for them still, so they can still be forgiven?
Kelly
I still cannot answer that. Paul did make several statements about that same situation. Im pretty sure you saw the references. You can interpret that as you wish.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Oct 13

I'm not asking you if everyone sins after baptism, what I'm asking you
is that if they do is there grace for them?
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Oct 13

I still cannot answer that. Paul did make several statements about that same situation. Im pretty sure you saw the references. You can interpret that as you wish.
Well give me the scriptues that reflex what you believe the answer is,
if somone does sin what scripture can I point them to?
Kelly

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Oct 13

Well give me the scriptues that reflex what you believe the answer is,
if somone does sin what scripture can I point them to?
Kelly
I cant believe you still asking that as this is what has been discussed over and over in the last few days. Anyway here it is again:

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. (2 Peter 2:20-21 KJV)

P

Moves
10 Oct 13

I'm not asking you if everyone sins after baptism, what I'm asking you
is that if they do is there grace for them?
Kelly
The answer is Yes!!! But we must still repent of our sins. Accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is a start, we must allow Jesus to work threw us. We must become the vessel. Just as the thief who died on the cross next to Jesus. He accepted Jesus as his Lord, but he allowed the Spirit to move in him through his words. His love for God propelled him to speak his words of repentance and of love; and Jesus recieved him.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Oct 13
2 edits

I cant believe you still asking that as this is what has been discussed over and over in the last few days. Anyway here it is again:

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of ...[text shortened]... have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. (2 Peter 2:20-21 KJV)
Well I wasn't sure how you stood on that. so we agree that it is possible
to sin and be forgiven. I'm not sure why there are so many arguments
over this. If they sin they go to God for forgiveness and repent, if they get
entangled and overcome its over for them.
Kelly

P

Moves
10 Oct 13

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of ...[text shortened]... have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. (2 Peter 2:20-21 KJV)
The scripture you quote is in reguards to those who on one hand confess that Jesus is Lord, then turn to pride, taking/coviting and all the things God hates. Example, a preacher, does great preaching for years. Then grows in his pride, thinking he can do anything. This person is in danger. Unless he confesses, and in action, changes his ways. Come judgement, God will say, "away from me, I never knew you"

P

Moves
10 Oct 13

I am in a position, a handfull do not sin after baptism.
But all is not lost either. Repentence. Read Jonah. He KNEW God, before God spoke to him. Just because you didn't read that in the bible, doesn't mean he had no relationship before the story opens. He must have, how else would he recognize God when God spoke to him. God specifically told Jonah to do a job, and Jonah refused. God understood Jonah, but Jonah also sinned. This type of sin is refusing to do the will of God and doing what i want instead.
I too am subjuct to this law.
When one is given much, much is also expected of them.
Jonah was in a way forced to repent, and finally willingly repented. He didn't seem to like the way inwhich used him as a vessel. But as the scripture states, one must be a fool for God.