1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 05:12
    Originally posted by galveston75
    LOl. Don't give up Manny. Go over to the Holy Spirit forum for a few more thoughts on this.
    Those scriptures are some of the most foundational scriptures for showing who Christ really is.

Manny
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 05:56
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I didn't read your post very closely (I seldom do), but a cursory glance seemed to indicate that's what you were saying. Or something similar to that. But you are correct, Marcion believed the OT god was a different go from the NT one. It is not difficult to see why he came to that conclusion.
    "A cursory glance" yet you still bothered to reply twice.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 06:011 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    Those scriptures are some of the most foundational scriptures for showing who Christ really is.

Manny
    Not if you belong to the Jehovah's Witnesses organisation, apparently
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 06:161 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    If you understood the context and meanings of these scriptures and did a little research on word meanings in the original languages it was written in you wouldn't be using them to try and prove your thought. They really don't help.
    You pick out a few that you maybe, slightly on a bad day think this is what their saying but you refuse to see the rest of ...[text shortened]... follwers to do on this night. It's where you should be too if you are indeed a Christian.
    If you understood the context and meanings of these scriptures and did a little research on word meanings in the original languages it was written in you wouldn't be using them to try and prove your thought. They really don't help.

What part of the quoted scriptures am I misinterpreting? Perhaps you would like to start with Isaiah?

You pick out a few that you maybe, slightly on a bad day think this is what their saying but you refuse to see the rest of the Bible's scriptures that "clearly" say just the opposite.

Why did you put "clearly" in quotations? What exactly am I refusing in the "rest of the Bible" that is clearer than these scriptures?

This posting to me just looks like someone trying to stir the pot instead of even slightly wanting to learn something. Just my thought!

My OP very clearly states its point, that I am claiming who Jesus is and providing definitive scriptural evidence - are you suggesting these scriptures are false, or do you have some other JW version of the Bible or JW interpretation? Where is the pot stirring?

Oh..by the way, I'm about to head out to the Kingdom Hall to obey what Jesus told his follwers to do on this night. It's where you should be too if you are indeed a Christian

I don't remember Jesus mentioning "Kingdom Hall" or this specific date of 17th April 2011.

On a related point I find it interesting that you call yourselves Jehovah's Witnesses and Christians and yet obviously have an issues with my OP?
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 07:25
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    in the spirit of Jesus' immortal words "love thy enemy". Ok?
    You are not my enemy. You are my brother in Jesus. And I love you.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 08:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I say that Jesus is the one and only invisible God made visible, made lower than the angels. He is the one who sits on Heavens throne.

Isaiah 45:21b-23
    The LORD/Jehovah speaks: [b]There is no God apart from me
    , a righteous God and a Saviour; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is n ...[text shortened]... led Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.[/b]
    Anyone that cannot tell the difference between the Christ and the Almighty is in
    series difficulty for they are then presented with a whole host of insurmountable
    problems,

1.the fact that no one has seen God at any time, yet many persons saw the Christ

2. the fact that God cannot die, yet this was the very reason that the Christ came to
    the earth, to give his life

3. the fact that God has no beginning and no end, whereas the Christ was the
    first-born of creation, having a beginning

4. the fact that Gods name Jehovah is unique to the almighty

and so it goes on and on, if you cannot clearly distinguish between two persons,
    how will you identify the character of either?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 09:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Anyone that cannot tell the difference between the Christ and the Almighty is in
    series difficulty for they are then presented with a whole host of insurmountable
    problems,

1.the fact that no one has seen God at any time, yet many persons saw the Christ

2. the fact that God cannot die, yet this was the very reason that the Christ came to ...[text shortened]... cannot clearly distinguish between two persons,
    Don't forget Proverbs 30:4

"Who has ascended into heaven and descended?
    Who has gathered the wind in His fists?
    Who has wrapped the waters in His garment?
    Who has established all the ends of the earth?
    What is His name or His son's name?
    Surely you know!" (NASB)

And it is not Jehovah!
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 10:25
    Originally posted by divegeester
    "A cursory glance" yet you still bothered to reply twice.
    "Reply" is not the right word. The only purpose your posts serve is as a springboard for me to launch into what are essentially my own monologues. As I never really have any interest in what it is you may or may not be saying, I'm not "replying" to your posts so much as I am using them as a convenient excuse to propound on my own thoughts.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 10:44
    Originally posted by Seitse
    You are not my enemy. You are my brother in Jesus. And I love you.
    Well then I will assume that your past nastiness to me was an abberation and take you back as a neutral in my books.
    My altruistic nature will tell me that you recognize what I am on about and the fact you said you love me shall suffice instead of an apology.
    You are forgiven. Peace brother.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 10:50
    problems,

2. the fact that God cannot die, yet this was the very reason that the Christ came to ...[text shortened]... cannot clearly distinguish between two persons,
    "God" has many names.
    Which is correct, (or more accurate), is prolly not as important as the spiritual import on ones "soul" .
    After all words can be used by anyone, it is through our actions that we define our faiths.
    If it comforts you to call It Jehova, then good....I guess
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 11:15
    Originally posted by finnegan
    And of course the New Testament was written by Christians to set out their beliefs so it is not too surprising if it should contain confirmation of the fulfilment of the prophecies in their very account. Now is that not blindingly obvious?
    I've heard this arguement before. After all, reading bits of Isaiah is like reading the gospels.

So did the early church write the NT to mimic the OT? One thing is for certain, and that is Daniel 9:24-27 provides a bit of a problem for such a theory. After all, it is a calendar pointing right to the time of Christ and the coming of the Messiah.
  12. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 11:27
    Originally posted by whodey
    I've heard this arguement before. After all, reading bits of Isaiah is like reading the gospels.

So did the early church write the NT to mimic the OT? One thing is for certain, and that is Daniel 9:24-27 provides a bit of a problem for such a theory. After all, it is a calendar pointing right to the time of Christ and the coming of the Messiah.
    Paul was a Pharisee and well versed in the OT. Luke was clearly pretty well read in the same way and relished inserting appropriate supporting links. If they set out their opinions in a way that reflects the OT that is not a big deal by way of evidence.
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 19:54
    problems,

Isaiah 6

Isaiah's Vision

1In the year of King Uzziah's death I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple.

Very simple Who did Isaiah see? He says "I saw the Lord sitting on a throne" So either the bible is wrong or Isaiah is lying. Yes it was a vision but you or I have no clue as to what a true vision from God is. He saw God and became afraid and rightfully so.

Manny
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 19:58
    2. the fact that God cannot die, yet this was the very reason that the Christ came to
    the earth, to give his life

Jesus died a physical death but it did not hold him and He rose again so We can assert that Christ could be God. Physical death does not mean absolute death.

Manny
  15. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 20:05
    It is amusing how non-Christians take so much interest
    and devote so much time and effort to Christ, Christians
    and Christianity.

Indeed, the King of Kings shakes the very foundations of
    every human being, one way or another. If we all could
    only let Him in our hearts, what a world this would be.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree