Is religious indoctrination child abuse?

Is religious indoctrination child abuse?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
You said this: [b]I did a 2 year post graduate B.Ed Honors degree via correspondence at a secular university focused on teaching and learning which included research and a thesis which I did part time while teaching.

Was the "B.Ed Honors degree" not an education degree then?

In the U.K., the "Ed" stands for "education". Is that not how it works in South Africa?[/b]
A B.Ed honors degree on its own does not allow you to teach but a B.Ed on its own does. If you do a B.Ed honors without having done a B.Ed you are not a qualified teacher.

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
A B.Ed honors degree on its own does not allow you to teach but a B.Ed on its own does. If you do a B.Ed honors without having done a B.Ed you are not a qualified teacher.
Suffice to say, you now claim you did study at a secular university, despite the fact you had previously claimed repeatedly that you did not.

E

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by wolfgang59
You asked about secularism.
The discussion is about secular teaching.
I have not raised humanism.
I asked about humanism as well. I also brought up naturalism.

Do you believe naturalism is a religion? How about humanism? Or better yet, do you believe they can be a person's religion?

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
Suffice to say, you now claim you did study at a secular university, despite the fact you had previously claimed repeatedly that you did not.
If you look at the context in which I said it it is obvious that I was referring to my teaching qualification, the B.Ed.

F

Moves
11 Jun 17
2 edits

If you look at the context in which I said it it is obvious that I was referring to my teaching qualification, the B.Ed.
The context was your supposed teacher training/qualifications/licence to teach and why on earth you had no clue about children's development and issues of abuse and deprivation etc. You only mentioned the "B.Ed" a few hours ago. The misleading statements about what kind of university you went o were days ago. Why you chose to dissemble like this, I don't really know.

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
The context was your supposed teacher training/qualifications/licence to teach and why on earth you had no clue about children's development and issues of abuse and deprivation etc. You only mentioned the "B.Ed" a few hours ago. The misleading statements about what kind of university you went o were days ago. Why you chose to dissemble like this, I don't really know.
Days ago the context of our conversation was still my teaching qualification.

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

Days ago the context of our conversation was still my teaching qualification.
And to say you did not study at a "secular university" is simply not the truth.

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
And to say you did not study at a "secular university" is simply not the truth.
Depending on which meaning of 'at' you are referring to.

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

Depending on which meaning of 'at' you are referring to.
All your wheels have fallen off.

Moves
11 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
All your wheels have fallen off.
Actually your argument has collapsed since you automatically assumed which meaning of 'at' I was using without clarifying it. Also you seem to have a track record now with regards to twisting people's words.

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

Actually your argument has collapsed since you automatically assumed which meaning of 'at' I was using without clarifying it. Also you seem to have a track record now with regards to twisting people's words.
You said "I didn't study at a 'secular university'". Later you said that you did. Nothing has been "twisted".

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
You said "I didn't study at a 'secular university'". Later you said that you did. Nothing has been "twisted".
The first time I said it was in response to why I wasn't on the same page as you about early childhood development if I did a teaching qualification, so I clarified that it was because "I didn't study (my teaching qualification) at a secular university" whereas you had. I did not specifically say (my teaching qualification) because that was implied.

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

The first time I said it was in response to why I wasn't on the same page as you about early childhood development if I did a teaching qualification, so I clarified that it was because "I didn't study (my teaching qualification) at a secular university" whereas you had. I did not specifically say (my teaching qualification) because that was implied.
You are squirming. I imagine you now wish you had just told the truth.

Moves
11 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
You are squirming. I imagine you now wish you had just told the truth.
Actually it seems you have no grasp for things being implied in a certain context.

F

Moves
11 Jun 17

I did not study at a secular university. So a secular university indoctrinates you on what the right thing is to teach kids and you in turn indoctrinate the kids.
What does a non-"secular university" indoctrinate a trainee teacher to do?