Is there a Sinful lifestyle?

Is there a Sinful lifestyle?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 17

Originally posted by @eladar
You have been flip flopping about every other post.

Do you agree with the statement that if a professed christian embraces the homosexual lifestyle and never leaves it, this Christian is fooling himself and will be rejected by Jesus.

No need to go on about the possibility of salvation, that's a different discussion.
If you do not have God in your life you are not a Christian, because being one requires
the Holy Spirit of God within you. Doing or not doing anything is meaningless if you don't
have God, you are a godless sinner even if you are working towards trying to please God
to that end, you will hear those same words I quoted to you earlier, depart from me I
never knew you.

If you give your life to the LORD His Holy Spirit will change you, being born again is an
act and our sanctification is a process. What we allow in ourselves when we first become
saved will not be what is allowed later the longer we walk with God.

E

Moves
16 Sep 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
If you do not have God in your life you are not a Christian, because being one requires
the Holy Spirit of God within you. Doing or not doing anything is meaningless if you don't
have God, you are a godless sinner even if you are working towards trying to please God
to that end, you will hear those same words I quoted to you earlier, depart from me I
n ...[text shortened]... elves when we first become
saved will not be what is allowed later the longer we walk with God.
Who gets to decide which people can call themselves christians and who can't.

Answer that question and what I quoted would be relevant.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 17

Who gets to decide which people can call themselves christians and who can't.

Answer that question and what I quoted would be relevant.
Anyone can call themselves Christian.

E

Moves
16 Sep 17

Anyone can call themselves Christian.
Which makes what you said, although true, not useful in application.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 17

Which makes what you said, although true, not useful in application.
I'm not interested in being able to walk around church and pick out who does and does not
belong to the LORD. I'm interested in serving God where I am, what is that to me if
another does or doesn't follow God, I'm not responsible to God for that, I'm responsible to
God for my choices, in how what I do is in obedience to Him, and how I may serve others.

Does it say anywhere in scripture to run around the world and pick out and know who
belong to the LORD, or does it say we are to love them. It doesn't say love only those that
belong to the LORD either, because God made no distinction there, He simply said we
are to love one another.

E

Moves
16 Sep 17

I'm not interested in being able to walk around church and pick out who does and does not
belong to the LORD. I'm interested in serving God where I am, what is that to me if
another does or doesn't follow God, I'm not responsible to God for that, I'm responsible to
God for my choices, in how what I do is in obedience to Him, and how I may serve others. ...[text shortened]... LORD either, because God made no distinction there, He simply said we
are to love one another.
There you go, heading off in another direction.

I am talking about basic principal here and who we see as brother or sister.

Those who practice things headed for hell are not at present brothers or sisters in Christ.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 17

There you go, heading off in another direction.

I am talking about basic principal here and who we see as brother or sister.

Those who practice things headed for hell are not at present brothers or sisters in Christ.
You believe if you meet someone today who both does not know God and by any definition is living in sin, will never come to know the Lord?

Our treatment of everyone should be the same which is love each other, it doesn't matter if they know the LORD or not. If they know the LORD because that makes them a brother or sister, or they don't know the LORD and they are a sinner Jesus died for.

So our desire should be to walk with God, so when we are dealing with people we can follow His lead.

E

Moves
16 Sep 17

You believe if you meet someone today who both does not know God and by any definition is living in sin, will never come to know the Lord?

Our treatment of everyone should be the same which is love each other, it doesn't matter if they know the LORD or not. If they know the LORD because that makes them a brother or sister, or they don't know the LORD an ...[text shortened]... ur desire should be to walk with God, so when we are dealing with people we can follow His lead.
Of couse someone can come to know the lord.

It seems to me that you should refer to such people as possible future brother or sister in Christ.

You want to call such people brother or sister without need of actual conversion.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 17

Of couse someone can come to know the lord.

It seems to me that you should refer to such people as possible future brother or sister in Christ.

You want to call such people brother or sister without need of actual conversion.
We could use the word neighbor, since the Lord used it to teach us how we should treat everyone.

E

Moves
16 Sep 17

We could use the word neighbor, since the Lord used it to teach us how we should treat everyone.
Neighbor would be fine, but brother and sister in Christ means you believe at this moment they are Christians.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 17

Neighbor would be fine, but brother and sister in Christ means you believe at this moment they are Christians.
Yet regardless of who they are we should treat them no differently. Do you agree?

Fair point you make too.

E

Moves
16 Sep 17

Yet regardless of who they are we should treat them no differently. Do you agree?

Fair point you make too.
Treat the same? That depends. If they claim to be Christian then no.

If they do not claim to be Christian, yes.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 17

Treat the same? That depends. If they claim to be Christian then no.

If they do not claim to be Christian, yes.
What does their claims have to do with anything? Jesus didn't say love only those that love you, love only those that love God. He said that the two top commandments were to love God with all of our hearts, and love our neighbor as ourselves. He made no distinction, why are you? I thought you said you desired to do His will. So wouldn't His top two commandments be important, knowing He said all the other commandments hang on those two!

E

Moves
16 Sep 17

What does their claims have to do with anything? Jesus didn't say love only those that love you, love only those that love God. He said that the two top commandments were to love God with all of our hearts, and love our neighbor as ourselves. He made no distinction, why are you? I thought you said you desired to do His will. So wouldn't His top two commandments be important, knowing He said all the other commandments hang on those two!
Do I need to provide book chapter and verse for you?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 17

Do I need to provide book chapter and verse for you?
You think you have a verse that says we don't have to obey God's commandments?