Is there a Sinful lifestyle?

Is there a Sinful lifestyle?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
16 Sep 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
You think you have a verse that says we don't have to obey God's commandments?
As you understand them? Yes

Do I need to quote it?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 17

Originally posted by @eladar
As you understand them? Yes

Do I need to quote it?
Yes

E

Moves
16 Sep 17

Yes
1 Corinthians 5

I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister[c] but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 17

1 Corinthians 5

I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister[ ...[text shortened]... l or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.
Okay, where does that say don't love them?

E

Moves
16 Sep 17

Okay, where does that say don't love them?
You said treat them.

E

Moves
16 Sep 17

Yet regardless of who they are we should treat them no differently. Do you agree?

Fair point you make too.
Here it is in case you forgot.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 17
1 edit

Here it is in case you forgot.
You think that cutting someone out of fellowship is not loving them? Those are people within our local bodies, the point being driven home is what can happen with God if they continue in sin. This isn't much different than correcting children at a young age, better mom and dad correct than they grow up and society do it in very harsh ways. The hope is restoration not their losing out on God being overcome by sin.

Show show me where we are not supposed to love our neighbors! I want to see that verse.

E

Moves
16 Sep 17

You think that cutting someone out of fellowship is not loving them? Those are people within our local bodies, the point being driven home is what can happen with God if they continue in sin. This isn't much different than correcting children at a young age, better mom and dad correct than they grow up and society do it in very harsh ways. The hope is rest ...[text shortened]... sin.

Show show me where we are not supposed to love our neighbors! I want to see that verse.
I didn't say it was unloving. I was just pointing out the topic of contention. You asked about treatment. I answered you about how the Bible says to treat people differently based on what they say they believe.

You like to change the topic. I am just trying to stay on topic.

I agree that expelling the immoral brother is loving.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 17

I didn't say it was unloving. I was just pointing out the topic of contention. You asked about treatment. I answered you about how the Bible says to treat people differently based on what they say they believe.

You like to change the topic. I am just trying to stay on topic.

I agree that expelling the immoral brother is loving.
Okay I missed the change you made, my bad.

E

Moves
16 Sep 17
1 edit

Okay I missed the change you made, my bad.
Alls good.

Active sex life homosexuals are neighbors not brothers.

We are not to associate with people with active homosexual sex lives who claim to be Christians.

Of course other sinful lifestyle equally apply, this one was the specific to the discussion.

Do you agree?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 17

Alls good.

Active sex life homosexuals are neighbors not brothers.

We are not to associate with people with active homosexual sex lives who claim to be Christians.

Of course other sinful lifesryles equally apply, this one was the specific to the discussion.

Do you agree?
I have told you over and over it is Christ in someone not a claim that matters. You can claim to be a Christian and be a child raping devil worshiper, you can be an outstanding church goer without Jesus and both of them are on their way to Hell.

If you are asking me if you should invite someone like that over to your home for dinner, I will say, no don't do it. If they end up right with God that will not be up to me, but how they end up with the LORD.

E

Moves
16 Sep 17

I have told you over and over it is Christ in someone not a claim that matters. You can claim to be a Christian and be a child raping devil worshiper, you can be an outstanding church goer without Jesus and both of them are on their way to Hell.

If you are asking me if you should invite someone like that over to your home for dinner, I will say, no don' ...[text shortened]... it. If they end up right with God that will not be up to me, but how they end up with the LORD.
Paul wrote to have nothing to do with them.

As for my earlier question, a simple yes or no would do.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 17

Paul wrote to have nothing to do with them.

As for my earlier question, a simple yes or no would do.
You should obey the scripture, if your concern is a lifestyle you know is taking place, than do what you believe you should do according to scripture.

E

Moves
16 Sep 17

You should obey the scripture, if your concern is a lifestyle you know is taking place, than do what you believe you should do according to scripture.
Funny how you can say you agree with scripture, but when put into application, you can't.

Very interesting.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 17

Funny how you can say you agree with scripture, but when put into application, you can't.

Very interesting.
I have never said go against scripture neither do I promote that. You tend to take things out of context to put words in other people's mouths. On several occasions I have called you on that.