1. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Feb '12 09:26
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    it's absurd of you to demand a single line comparison.

that being said, you have several choices for comparing with the genesis account.

zoroastrian bundahishn

http://thelaterprophets.blogspot.com/2011/10/genesis-1-and-zoroastrian-creation-myth.html

babylonian enuma elish

http://www.skeptically.org/oldtestament/id14.html
    http://www.relig ...[text shortened]... eah, if you want to hang up on one line, go right ahead. you'll convince no one but yourself.
    more mere speculative opinion, could be's, what ifs and we dont really know. Moon that!
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    29 Feb '12 19:211 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    more mere speculative opinion, could be's, what ifs and we dont really know. Moon that!
    just keep lying to yourself. everything will be all right.
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    29 Feb '12 19:37
    yes i have just demonstrated that its scientifically accurate, astoundingly so, you
    cannot state how the Biblical author just happened to stumble upon these verifiable
    details and persist with the charade, so be it.
    You are either woefully untutored in the ways of science or you are merely playing a game of 'yes I did' when you know you didn't. Either way, you're fooling nobody (well, maybe Hinds) and doing yourself a disservice in the process.

And still you (surprise surprise) avoid the question. Why do you try so hard to find proof which, if it existed, would invalidate your faith?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Feb '12 23:48
    The bible contains rather grimmer predictions than those printed in the watchtower,
    indeed, it is our view that the horrendous events at the destruction of Jerusalem
    (70CE) foreshadow events on a greater scale in the future. If you have ever read
    the Jewish Historian Josephus, you will know that women were reduced to eating
    their own children ...[text shortened]... em, and the
    fleshy parts of all, of freemen as well as of slaves and of small ones and great.”
    Why does the watchtower depict these ultra-negative scenarios of the armageddon?

If you are not qualified to answer , just say so.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Feb '12 23:55
    just keep lying to yourself. everything will be all right.
    unworthy of serious comment.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '12 00:021 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    You are either woefully untutored in the ways of science or you are merely playing a game of 'yes I did' when you know you didn't. Either way, you're fooling nobody (well, maybe Hinds) and doing yourself a disservice in the process.

And still you (surprise surprise) avoid the question. Why do you try so hard to find proof which, if it existed, would invalidate your faith?
    this is also border line, find proof that invalidates my faith? i have actually provided
    ample evidence of inspiration, your objections amounted to pedantry of the most
    absurd kind, based upon semantic argument of words that do not even exist in the
    original languages, gulping down camels and straining out gnats is not good for putty
    cats, any reasonable individual would have accepted that the Bible writer had no way to
    know why the earth would appear circular (as a sphere does when viewed from any
    angle) and that it was suspended by invisible force and as you have provided no
    rational explanation to the contrary other than the usual pedantry, then i cannot see
    how you can continue what appears to me to be a charade, i mean that sincerely.

The scientific details i provided were inaccurate how? that the earth is not
    suspended by gravity and centrifugal force, that the earth is not an oblate spheroid
    with flattened poles?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '12 00:03
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Why does the watchtower depict these ultra-negative scenarios of the armageddon?

If you are not qualified to answer , just say so.
    because lets face it, seeing millions of persons having their eyeballs and entrails eaten
    up by crows and seagulls is hardly a positive scenario, is it.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Mar '12 00:08
    because lets face it, seeing millions of persons having their eyeballs and entrails eaten
    up by crows and seagulls is hardly a positive scenario, is it.
    Do you feel you have the power to change that? if not then you are just impotent spiritually.

Either way, with your thinking and subsequent actions you create the world.
    Why do you persist on creating these negative scenarios?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '12 00:16
    Do you feel you have the power to change that? if not then you are just impotent spiritually.

Either way, with your thinking and subsequent actions you create the world.
    Why do you persist on creating these negative scenarios?
    why would i want to change that? its a Biblically accurate fact which contrary to your
    assertion, i did not create. Spiritually impotent? spiritual change comes from within,
    not from without, this is a basic fundamental truth, indeed Christianity is the only
    religious practice which is concerned with helping other people change themselves and
    others, all else is me-ism, in one guise or another.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Mar '12 01:26
    why would i want to change that? its a Biblically accurate fact which contrary to your
    assertion, i did not create. Spiritually impotent? spiritual change comes from within,
    not from without, this is a basic fundamental truth, indeed Christianity is the only
    religious practice which is concerned with helping other people change themselves and
    others, all else is me-ism, in one guise or another.
    Back up there ,bud.
    the question was : Do you feel you have the power change that?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '12 02:26
    Back up there ,bud.
    the question was : Do you feel you have the power change that?
    I have the power to change myself through the application of Biblical principles and
    putting on what the Bible terms, the new personality, resulting in a complete
    metamorphosis of personality, over time. I have the power to impart this knowledge to
    others so that they too may be transformed through an inner struggle against
    selfishness and egotism. I do not have the power to change the Biblical text nor any
    depictions of it.
  12. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    01 Mar '12 02:43
    unworthy of serious comment.
    that's the exact reason i had for my reply to your nonsensical comment.

i backed up my statements by presenting evidence from earlier religions. that evidence is not speculative, it's actual existing creation stories that anybody with half a brain can check out for themselves.

the proof is in and the evidence is unmistakable. genesis is not an original story by any stretch of the imagination. to continue thinking so is simply lying to yourself.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '12 02:471 edit
    that's the exact reason i had for my reply to your nonsensical comment.

i backed up my statements by presenting evidence from earlier religions. that evidence is not speculative, it's actual existing creation stories that anybody with half a brain can check out for themselves.

the proof is in and the evidence is unmistakable. genesis is not an or ...[text shortened]... story by any stretch of the imagination. to continue thinking so is simply lying to yourself.
    i read your links, they were as usual speculative, inconclusive and in some instances
    unsubstantiated. You have no way of knowing anything and the more you attempt to
    assert that you do, the more ludicrous your assertions become.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '12 02:541 edit
    Indeed let anyone note the similarities,

Zoroastrian Mythology - Creation

From the Bundahishn (The Primal Creation), a ninth century Pahlavi book.

18. Ohrmazd, before the act of creation, was not Lord; after the act of creation he became Lord, eager for increase, wise, free from adversity, manifest, ever ordering aright, bounteous, all-perceiving.

19. [First he created the essence of the gods, fair (orderly) movement, that genius by which he made his own body better] for he had conceived of the act of creation; from this act of creation was his lordship.

20. And by his dear vision Ohrmazd saw that the Destructive Spirit would never cease from aggression and that his aggression could only be made fruitless by the act of creation, and that creation could not move on except through Time and that when Time was fashioned, the creation of Ahriman too would begin to Move.

21. And that he might reduce the Aggressor to a state of powerlessness, having no alternative he fashioned forth Time. And the reason was this, that the Destructive Spirit could not be made powerless unless he were brought to battle. . . .

22. Then from Infinite Time he fashioned and made Time of the long Dominion: some call it finite Time. From Time of the long Dominion he brought forth permanence that the works of Ohrmazd might not pass away. From permanence discomfort was made manifest that comfort might not touch the demons. From discomfort the course of fate, the idea of changelessness, was made manifest, that those things which Ohrmazd created at the original creation might not change. From the idea of changelessness a perfect will (to create) material creation was made manifest, the concord of the righteous Creation.

23. In his unrighteous creation Ahriman was without knowledge, without method. And the reason and interpretation thereof is this, that when Ahriman joined battle with Ohrmazd the majestic wisdom, renown, perfection, and permanence of Ohrmazd and the powerlessness, self-will, imperfection and slowness in knowledge of the Destructive Spirit were made manifest when creation was created.

24. For Time of the long Dominion was the first creature that he fashioned forth; for it was infinite before the contamination of the totality of Ohrmazd. From the infinite it was fashioned finite; for from the original creation when creation was created until the consummation when the Destructive Spirit is made powerless there is a term of twelve thousand years which is finite. Then it mingles with and returns to the Infinite so that the creation of Ohrmazd shall for ever be with Ohrmazd in purity.

25. As it is said in the Religion, 'Time is mightier than both creations-the creation of Ohrmazd and that of the Destructive Spirit. Time understands all action and order (the law). Time understands more than those who understand. Time is better informed than the well-informed; for through Time must the decision be made. By Time are houses overturned-doom is through Time-and things graven shattered. From it no single mortal man escapes, not though he fly above, not though he dig a pit below and settle therein, not though he hide beneath a well of cold waters.'

26. From his own essence which is material light Ohrmazd fashioned forth the form of his creatures-a form of fire-bright, white, round and manifest afar. From the material (form) of that Spirit which dispels aggression in the two worlds-be it Power or he it Time-he fashioned forth the form of Vay, the Good, for Vay was needed: some call it Vay of the long Dominion. With the aid of Vay of the long Dominion he fashioned forth creation; for when he created creation, Vay was the instrument he needed for the deed.

http://library.thinkquest.org/03oct/00875/text/ZoroC.html
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    01 Mar '12 02:55
    i read your links, they were as usual speculative, inconclusive and in some instances
    unsubstantiated. You have no way of knowing anything and the more you attempt to
    assert that you do, the more ludicrous your assertions become.
    nonsense. the associations are clear and concise. either you have not read the links or you simple ignore the evidence stacked up against you. there is nothing speculative about the existence of enuma elish and zoroastrian writings.

they exist, they predate genesis and genesis mirrors concepts found in the previous and in the case of enuma elish, genesis copies an almost day by day accounting of the creation story.

the verdict is in and you're left behind; genesis authors copied from previous religions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree