Islam, not the religion of peace:

Islam, not the religion of peace:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
19 Sep 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
The main difference is that Christianitity is a Christ centered religion under the influence of the Holy Spirit, whereas Islam is an anti-christ centered religion under the influence of Satan the devil. And that is a major difference. πŸ™„
how is that an accomplishment when it has taken this "holy spirit" over 2000 years and the work is not even close to being done yet?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Sep 12

Remember Kelly, anything FOX says is automatically a lie. Just because they are the only ones reporting it while all the other networks distract from it and sweep it under the carpet... it still MUST be a lie.

Repeat that a hundred times a day to yourself for a year, and you'll start to understand what it is to be what they call a liberal "drone."

[b] ...[text shortened]... ccording to the liberal bias.

NOW IS THAT STILL A THUMBS UP? IF SO, GOOD FOR YOU! 😏[/b]
You have to know Fox news slants the news to the right, worse than the leaning tower of Piza, it could fall over anytime, it is so slanted to the right. Of course you love it that way, screw the common folk, screw the workers rights, bring back 14 hour days and no safety for workers who used to die by the thousands a hundred years ago, who needs all that pesky regulation anyway? Lets vote the government down to nothing so all the companies can screw over the workers again and screw the environment, let the fracking begin and damn the consequences, its JOBS stupid.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Sep 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
You have to know Fox news slants the news to the right, worse than the leaning tower of Piza, it could fall over anytime, it is so slanted to the right. Of course you love it that way, screw the common folk, screw the workers rights, bring back 14 hour days and no safety for workers who used to die by the thousands a hundred years ago, who needs all that pe ...[text shortened]... in and screw the environment, let the fracking begin and damn the consequences, its JOBS stupid.
I do like the right slanting of Fox better. However, I have given up on looking at any other national new other than CNN. CNN is the only one that seems to be truly down the middle. They piss off the left and the right equally. That Anderson Cooper tries to keep them both honest. One time I hate the guy and the next time I love him to death.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
20 Sep 12
1 edit

I do like the right slanting of Fox better.
And so do the majority of people in the US. A simple glance at the ratings over the past 10+ years will satisfy anyone's curiosity on that.

But it's not a matter of how many people in the country prefer which kind of spin. With the exception of the Sean Hannity show (which I avoid), FOX News spins very little, and presents people from both sides of the issues they discuss. The reason FOX has dominated prime time cable TV (and is beginning to overtake non-cable TV in the same time slots) is because people enjoy and appreciate hearing the unadulterated TRUTH by journalists and analysts who aren't in bed with the President.

Oh, and you'll find that most people who denigrate FOX News, don't even watch the channel (because they hate it, duh), and the information they use to trash the channel is a bunch of spin from the hard-left-leaning mainstream media and various left wing websites.

Sorry, but if FOX is so horrible and Conservatism is so ugly and evil, then I'm afraid it's a country-wide problem because FOX News continues to succeed by wide margins, every year, and Conservative Talk Radio lives strong while Liberal Talk Radio has failed in its every attempt to gain a foothold. It's not a conspiracy-it's just that most American people find Liberalism to be silly, absurd, and completely against their values.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
20 Sep 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
I can use whatever criteria I want for thumbing.
So you'll goose whoever you feel like goosing, and we all have to take it with a smile on our face?

You should pursue a high-level position in the Obama administration. I'm thinking Czar... Czar of what, though... internet forums? Someone's got to squelch all the dissent in these forums.

You should really look into it.

F

Moves
20 Sep 12

Originally posted by sumydid
So you'll goose whoever you feel like goosing, and we all have to take it with a smile on our face?

You should pursue a high-level position in the Obama administration. I'm thinking Czar... Czar of what, though... internet forums? Someone's got to squelch all the dissent in these forums.

In what way do you see SwissGambit as trying to "squelch all the dissent in these forums"?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Sep 12

Originally posted by KellyJay
I'm sorry what?
Hook line and sinker, you don't think 4 people were killed?
You don't think there are riots with people burning the American flag?
What is it that Fox has said you think is wrong?
What is that Fox has said that none of the other networks have said?
Kelly
All the major news tv networks all seem to say the same propaganda, it's only when you listen or read independent news that you can start to get a more balanced view of such things.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Sep 12
1 edit

Remember Kelly, anything FOX says is automatically a lie. Just because they are the only ones reporting it while all the other networks distract from it and sweep it under the carpet... it still MUST be a lie.

Repeat that a hundred times a day to yourself for a year, and you'll start to understand what it is to be what they call a liberal "drone."
You can address me personally, I wont bite.
I just wanted to add that I am not an Obama supporter. That sort of thing seems to make some US people really touchy.

Dont like the US but have to live with it,have to deal with it. After all they are the country most likely to bring the world together and stop all this horrendous stuff. Then again while America keeps waging wars on foreign soil and arming it's citizens to keep the country safe,(and other such counter intuitive ideas), I dont think much will change.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Sep 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel
You can address me personally, I wont bite.
I just wanted to add that I am not an Obama supporter. That sort of thing seems to make some US people really touchy.

Dont like the US but have to live with it,have to deal with it. After all they are the country most likely to bring the world together and stop all this horrendous stuff. Then again while ...[text shortened]... keep the country safe,(and other such counter intuitive ideas), I dont think much will change.
Perhaps the USA should go back to the policy of not getting involved with what is happening with foreign nations and stop giving them any economic or other aid. Our economy has suffered too much already and it apparently has not made the world safer or the USA any less hated than it was before.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
20 Sep 12

You can take it however you want. Smiles, frowns, cheers, boos, angry yelling and swearing at the monitor - doesn't bother me.

If I wanted to squelch dissent, I'd become a mod and start deleting your posts. But that would deprive too many other users of free entertainment. Please, go on saying whatever you want!

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
20 Sep 12

Perhaps the USA should go back to the policy of not getting involved with what is happening with foreign nations and stop giving them any economic or other aid. Our economy has suffered too much already and it apparently has not made the world safer or the USA any less hated than it was before.
This is scary. This is the second post of yours I have thumbed up in as many days. 😲

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
20 Sep 12

And so do the majority of people in the US. A simple glance at the ratings over the past 10+ years will satisfy anyone's curiosity on that.

But it's not a matter of how many people in the country prefer which kind of spin. With the exception of the Sean Hannity show (which I avoid), FOX News spins very little, and presents people from both sides of the ...[text shortened]... erican people find Liberalism to be silly, absurd, and completely against their values.
Yes, because media should be primarily a business, pandering to the audience and saying whatever gets them the highest ratings. πŸ™„

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Sep 12

But it's not a matter of how many people in the country prefer which kind of spin. With the exception of the Sean Hannity show (which I avoid), FOX News spins very little, and presents people from both sides of the ...[text shortened]... erican people find Liberalism to be silly, absurd, and completely against their values.
All your values suck. You seem to be alright though, sumy. This is something I just dont understand.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Sep 12

Phew... "suffered" ... I say suffer a bit more 'til you realize why you are suffering.
Sometimes an outsider can give you a lot of independent opinions of you that are invalueable if you can see the context ... or whatever.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Sep 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I look at it like this, Islam is 1400 years old and Christianity is near 2000 years old, in terms of the evolution of the religion Islam is 600 years behind Christianity. Now what were peoples views within Christianity like towards blasphemers and heretics 600 years ago? Very different from today, blasphemy was a crime punishable by death in the UK up un ...[text shortened]... l of this intolerance will have evolved out of Islam just the same as it has in Christianity.
You may look at it like that if you choose, but you are obviously and completely wrong and I am surprised at you for posting that way to be honest. This is 2012 not 1712.