Islam, not the religion of peace:

Islam, not the religion of peace:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
This coming from someone who's just after having said "I judge the character of people individually. I try not to generalize either."
Remarkable.

F

Moves
17 Sep 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Remarkable.
And there was this too:

I don't know your background and this has probably been discussed ad nauseum... I don't know your political preferences, or your exact religious and spiritual beliefs. I took in what little you have said to me over the past few days, and came away with a strong sense that you (a) are not a Christian, (b) support Obama, (c) don't care for many or most if not all Christians, and (d) sympathize on some level with Muslims.

Sounds like he's looking for his [ a ] [ b ] [ c ] [ d ] data to feed into some kind of Full Spectrum Generalizer application he may have that spits out easily digested stereotypes for immediate use; a sort of rhetorical pez dispenser. 😵

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
And there was this too:

[b]I don't know your background and this has probably been discussed ad nauseum... I don't know your political preferences, or your exact religious and spiritual beliefs. I took in what little you have said to me over the past few days, and came away with a strong sense that you (a) are not a Christian, (b) support Obama, (c) don't ca ...[text shortened]... ts out easily digested stereotypes for immediate use; a sort of rhetorical pez dispenser. 😵
I did not read the original and don't know who wrote it. But the description is right on for FMF. 😏

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
So, putting the assassination to one side, you now concede that the mass protests in several countries around the world are about the film's content and are an expression of religious sentiment, contrary to what you suggested on page 2? Right?
I've not said anything contrary, I've been very steady on my points from beginning
to end.
Kelly

F

Moves
17 Sep 12

Originally posted by KellyJay
I've not said anything contrary, I've been very steady on my points from beginning to end.
Here are the first three paragraphs at the OP link that you were responding to:

After days of protests and related violence, concerns are growing that furor over an anti-Islam video could intensify even more Friday -- threatening U.S. interests abroad and at home.

People have taken to the streets in 10 nations and the Indian-controlled region of Kashmir, according to U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, railing against "Innocence of Muslims" and the nation where it was produced, the United States. This outrage, and danger to Americans, could worsen in the coming days, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and FBI warned Thursday in a joint intelligence bulletin.

"The risk of violence could increase both at home and abroad as the film continues to gain attention," the U.S. agencies said. "Additionally, we judge that violent extremist groups in the United States could exploit anger over the film to advance their recruitment efforts."

Here is your first response this OP on page 1: "I don't think the movie had anything to do with it except as an excuse."

After being pressed on this, finally, on page 10 you said: "...the riots grew over time as the story of the film spread".

This doesn't seem "very steady" to me.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF

[quote]After days of protests and related violence, concerns are growing that [b]furor over an anti-Islam video
could intensify even more Friday -- threatening U.S. interests abroad and at home.

People have taken to the streets in 10 nations and the Indian-controlled reg ...[text shortened]... me as the story of the film spread".

This doesn't seem "very steady" to me.[/b]
If you go back and read all of my posts, you'll see the same steady story from
beginning to now. I think those that wanted to kill those people on 9/11 used
that film to start something in two countries to help cover their murder. I've
said this from the beginning, and I've added because asked not because you
was PRESSING me into something...that once it started it got a life of its own,
and now for reasons of hiding from blame the US Gov. loves the story about
the film it keeps them from being blamed about bad policy, and those
spreading the word about the film love it and are using it to recruit and just to
get the people stirred up. You want to say I've changed my story somehow
some way, it isn't true I've maintained this belief from the beginning till now.
Kelly

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF

[quote]After days of protests and related violence, concerns are growing that [b]furor over an anti-Islam video
could intensify even more Friday -- threatening U.S. interests abroad and at home.

People have taken to the streets in 10 nations and the Indian-controlled reg me as the story of the film spread".

This doesn't seem "very steady" to me.[/b]
It is becoming clear to many that the Obama Administration is trying to cover for Muslims for making that excuse for them. Real thinking people are now realizing that the attack on the American Embassy, at least, was a planned 9/11 event by the Muslims.

A film that was shown only two days at a much earlier time was never even seen by the Muslims that caused all the damage. The knowledge of the existence of such a film was all some needed for the leaders to gather a group of Muslims to do their dirty deeds.

Obama was raised as a Muslim and still has sympathy for them and thinks they also believe in God as you do. So he makes excuses for them, like you do, because of that.

F

Moves
17 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
It is becoming clear to many that the Obama Administration is trying to cover for Muslims for making that excuse for them. Real thinking people are now realizing that the attack on the American Embassy, at least, was a planned 9/11 event by the Muslims.

A film that was shown only two days at a much earlier time was never even seen by the Muslims that cau ...[text shortened]... they also believe in God as you do. So he makes excuses for them, like you do, because of that.
Like Obama, and all decent people everywhere, I condemn the murders without reservation, as I am sure you know full well. I am appalled by what happened to the ambassador and his three staff. I also condemn violent demonstrations over an issue such as this. Having seen the offensive film [the 14 minute segment], I think peaceful protests were totally appropriate [and of course there have been many peaceful protest around the world] and I welcome decent people anywhere and everywhere, including Americans, joining me in condemning the film as worthless, shoddy, insulting trash that is a complete affront to Muslims the world over, and deliberately so.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
17 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
Like Obama, and all decent people everywhere, I condemn the murders without reservation, as I am sure you know full well. I am appalled by what happened to the ambassador and his three staff. I also condemn violent demonstrations over an issue such as this. Having seen the offensive film [the 14 minute segment], I think peaceful protests were totally appropriate ...[text shortened]... oddy, insulting trash that is a complete affront to Muslims the world over, and deliberately so.
the film makers got the reaction they were aiming for.

i haven't seen it personally and i don't intend to. it would just increase its popularity.

ENGLAND

Moves
17 Sep 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
the film makers got the reaction they were aiming for.

i haven't seen it personally and i don't intend to. it would just increase its popularity.
I won't see it either.

I feel those Muslims protesting should calm down and accept that a lot of people don't agree with their religion and have the right to say so.

Obama also got his message wrong. He should have opened with a firm condemnation of the killings and stated that violence will not be tollerated; and not mentioned the stupid film or the stupid people overreacting to it until he had made the main point.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
18 Sep 12

Originally posted by divegeester
I won't see it either.

I feel those Muslims protesting should calm down and accept that a lot of people don't agree with their religion and have the right to say so.

Obama also got his message wrong. He should have opened with a firm condemnation of the killings and stated that violence will not be tollerated; and not mentioned the stupid film or the stupid people overreacting to it until he had made the main point.
yep. and mittens should have kept his yapper completely shut.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
18 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
Of course not. I am simply rebutting your claim that the anger and violence has nothing to do with the film.
Maybe some are using the film as an excuse (political reasons / religious) (apparently the Obama Admin is saying these attacks were strictly because of the film ) I think the attack was pre-planned at least the one in Libya was. The Libyan leader said as much.

Manny

F

Moves
18 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by menace71
Maybe some are using the film as an excuse (political reasons / religious) (apparently the Obama Admin is saying these attacks were strictly because of the film ) I think the attack was pre-planned at least the one in Libya was. The Libyan leader said as much.

Manny
I have said repeatedly that I believe the killings were an assassination.

And I have condemned what I have condemned.

What I have found interesting is how many people have gone further than just being appalled or incredulous at (the assassination aside) the nature of the protests and of the violence that there has been, and have gone further than just condemning the reaction, but seem be - to varying degrees - in some sort of denial about the fact that the film is actually offensive and that people are actually offended.

This attempt to strip demonstrators of their motives (however much they may be baffling or impossible to empathize with) is a subtle form of dehumanization and will not result in people understanding the reality of the religious sensibilities that are at the heart of this cultural collision.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
18 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
I have said repeatedly that I believe the killings were an assassination.

And I have condemned what I have condemned.

What I have found interesting is how many people have gone further than just being appalled or incredulous at (the assassination aside) the nature of the protests and of the violence that there has been, and have gone further than just cond ...[text shortened]... ing the reality of the religious sensibilities that are at the heart of this cultural collision.
Well there were several different cases. Cairo maybe it was mostly demonstrators and the pics and video they appear to be young people like college kids (punks) in Libya that was more heavy duty. They had heavy weapons Mortars and RPG's and the intent was as you have rightly said to kill someone. However just my opinion the film however offensive does not justify killing people. I don't see that reaction here in the West when Muslims (radicals of course) behead someone.

Manny

F

Moves
18 Sep 12

Originally posted by menace71
However just my opinion the film however offensive does not justify killing people.
No one on this forum has suggested that it does. It's not really an issue in the debate that we have been having here.