1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 19:25
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Of course the biggest mass murder was committed by the scientists who created the atomic bomb. God damn all scientists to HELL!
    I think it safe to say more religious based murder has been done in the past 1000 years than both bombs dropped on Japan.

The sucky part is you think your god actually condones such brutal religious wars. In fact, demands it in the bible.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 19:37
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I think it safe to say more religious based murder has been done in the past 1000 years than both bombs dropped on Japan.

The sucky part is you think your god actually condones such brutal religious wars. In fact, demands it in the bible.
    There have been a lot of wars; constant I think. I'm sure that if you scratch around you will find a Christian or a Moslem involved in every one. But if it gives you peace...
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 20:471 edit
    There have been a lot of wars; constant I think. I'm sure that if you scratch around you will find a Christian or a Moslem involved in every one. But if it gives you peace...
    You know exactly what I am talking about, Crusades, Aztec, Montezuma, inquisition, witch burnings, forced conversions to Christianity in South America 400 years ago, forced conversion of Australian Aborigines, forced conversion to Islam in Africa as we speak.

Of course that means nothing to you since you think it can't happen here. Or wherever you are, you think since Christianity has cured itself of the worse evils of the last 2000 years it can't happen again. I am here to tell you history CAN repeat itself and you don't know anything about what can happen in another 300 years, especially if the weather turns crops into dust and people are starving by the million, you never can tell what will come of a religion, it can just as easily turn savage as not.

You can on a personal level feel as righteous as you like, you feel you are 'saved', when in fact you are duped but in a few hundred years if the climate goes the way it sounds like, all that savagery can come right back.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 22:28
    You know exactly what I am talking about, Crusades, Aztec, Montezuma, inquisition, witch burnings, forced conversions to Christianity in South America 400 years ago, forced conversion of Australian Aborigines, forced conversion to Islam in Africa as we speak.

Of course that means nothing to you since you think it can't happen here. Or wherever you are, ...[text shortened]... ed years if the climate goes the way it sounds like, all that savagery can come right back.
    How many times must I say it?

These are not the failings of religion. These are the failings of evil men. It has nothing to do with religion. Satan wins when we blame the sin of evil men on religion.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 22:31
    Ok, it is not the whole muslim world but a bunch of easily led hotheads, which serves the political purposes of the perpetrators.

You have to admit, the violence is spreading.
    Soooooo, in other words, it is NOT religion, per se, but it is just a bunch of evil men. Ok, gotcha. Hmmmm, sounds familiar.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 22:38
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The liberal Democrats are more interested in giving the tax payer's money away to influence others to be on their side. They will blatantly lie in order to do so, as has been demonstrated most recently from Anderson Cooper's interviewing and reporting of a Liberal Democrat. They are more interested in their wealth than in the wealth of the nation, in my opinion.
    Wow, Ron, have you got that screwed up.

"Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye." -- Luke 6:42, KJV
  7. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 00:411 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne

These are not the failings [b]of religion
    . These are the failings of evil men. It has nothing to do with religion. Satan wins when we blame the sin of evil men on religion.[/b]
    it is not of evil men. it is of mentally diseased humans. the ideology of many religions encourages the mental illness.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 00:49
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    The part that bothers me is that sites like youtube have to censor content because certain parts of the world aren't ready for free expression.
    And never will be.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 03:21
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I think films are made all the time, to have this happen on 9/11 and have
    what is reported that the place was being cased right before attacks with
    high power weapons in a group working together to kill those people, that
    suggest to me that an angry crowd didn't just spring up with those weapons
    on that date and attack. Those weapons were NOT the run of ...[text shortened]... t someone wanted those people dead and are using that
    film as an excuse, nothing more.
    Kelly
    The murders in Benghazi appear to have been an assassination.

The OP is also about the angry, violent reaction to the film in several coubtries Are you suggesting that the protests have nothing to do with the film and with religion?

Are you suggesting that the demonstrators in places in Egypt, Morocco, Sudan, Yemen and Tunisia are in some way implicated in the assassination in Libya?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 05:553 edits

Of course that means nothing to you since you think it can't happen here. Or wherever you are, ed years if the climate goes the way it sounds like, all that savagery can come right back.
    You seem to spend a lot of time transposing what you think I think onto me.

You also seem to harbour anger against Moslems and Chritians. I was pointing out that your OP was a wild sweeping generalistic example of this and you chose to back it up with "evidence" of stuff that happened hundreds of years ago; or now with what could possibly happen in the future.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 11:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    The murders in Benghazi appear to have been an assassination.

The OP is also about the angry, violent reaction to the film in several coubtries Are you suggesting that the protests have nothing to do with the film and with religion?

Are you suggesting that the demonstrators in places in Egypt, Morocco, Sudan, Yemen and Tunisia are in some way implicated in the assassination in Libya?
    I do not think those that started it cared one wit about that film, but used it as
    an excuse or cover, just once it was started you cannot put the geni back in
    the bottle.
    Kelly
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 11:56
    You seem to spend a lot of time transposing what you think I think onto me.

You also seem to harbour anger against Moslems and Chritians. I was pointing out that your OP was a wild sweeping generalistic example of this and you chose to back it up with "evidence" of stuff that happened hundreds of years ago; or now with what could possibly happen in the future.
    He is quick to believe the history of the Aztecs, and all these other histories, but denies the history of the Israelites. He believes in the evils of Christianity while at the same time ignoring any good. He has a one-sided view of history don't you think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israelites
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 12:03
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I do not think those that started it cared one wit about that film, but used it as
    an excuse or cover, just once it was started you cannot put the geni back in
    the bottle.
    Kelly
    So, the assassination aside, you concede that the mass protests are about the film and religious sentiment?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 14:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    So, the assassination aside, you concede that the mass protests are about the film and religious sentiment?
    Without the ability to read minds I'm sure that some of the people there are
    protesting it due to the film; however, an obscure film with up to that point
    in time I believe only had ~1k views could spark riots around the world seems
    a bit orchestrated for my thinking. I think the murder/assignation was covered
    up by those that started the protests, which does not mean that for many
    the protesters now are not really there for the film's sake alone and now really
    had nothing to do with the assignation, again genie in the bottle.
    Kelly
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 14:281 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne

These are not the failings [b]of religion
    . These are the failings of evil men. It has nothing to do with religion. Satan wins when we blame the sin of evil men on religion.[/b]
    The religions condone the actions of those 'evil' men. Encourages it. Have you seen the hate schools in Islam culture? Have you heard the broadcasts of the right wing nut job so-called christians on the shortwaves? I have, and they openly called for death of those not of their sub cult. When I listen to those nut job radio stations I am ashamed to be called American.

So just how are we supposed to separate out the evil ones from the good ones eh?

The evil ones in the back rooms full of piety in full view but plotting mayhem in the back? How are you going to suss them out?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree