Islam, not the religion of peace:

Islam, not the religion of peace:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
16 Sep 12

Originally posted by mikelom
Hence, the rioters stance is exactly the same. Mass hysteria, based on a mere 'few' who actually saaw the film. The rest is based on hear-say.
I am not denying the response is hysterical. I am simply standing up to those that are suggesting that the content of this film has nothing to do with the violent protests. Whether it's "hear say" or not is scarcely relevant, unless you happen to think an objective case can be made to say that the film is not offensive or provocative. People who hear about the film from someone who has seen it can be angry too.

It was clearly stated in many news agencies and reports that the film was removed from you-tube with only 1,000 views, the high majority of those being in the West, as I previously alluded to.

Well I'd say there are probably as many as 2,000 students on my local university campus who have seen the film. But they are not in the West. We are here in just one medium sized city in a country with several hundred colleges and universities, for example.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
You could have found out that there are 30,000,000 people have access to the internet in Egypt and Libya yourself rather than asking "how many of those countries actually have the internet" and then basing your assertions in a public forum on stuff you seemingly can't even guess correctly.
You have a point; you hit me up with all of those questions about an uprising
and murder and you feel something special in your heart now that so many
30,000,000 have internet access? For crying out loud what a waste of time
you are!
Kelly

F

Moves
16 Sep 12

Originally posted by KellyJay
You have a point; you hit me up with all of those questions about an uprising
and murder and you feel something special in your heart now that so many
30,000,000 have internet access? For crying out loud what a waste of time
you are!
You questioned whether anyone had access to the internet, and it turned out to be not zero or near zero or anything like that. It turned out to be 30,000,000. It has a bearing on the credibility of your analysis and assertions. People are questioning whether anyone has seen the film, when clearly they have. And people are questioning whether there can be genuine anger about the content of the film among people who have heard about its content, which clearly there can.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
The incidents just seem to extract hyperbole and innaccuracy from posters, like you not knowing remotely what you're talking about in terms of the internet and the film, others smearing 1,500,000,000 people with daft claims like "the whole Muslim world erupts with violence", and others talking sheer twaddle about Islamic beliefs having claimed laughably that the ...[text shortened]... reaction from some people here has been just to make stuff up and pass it off as analysis.
I have not smeared 1,500,000,000 people I've said murderers used the film
as an excuse and the rest took off and others have been fanning the flames
of hate. Not sure how you make the reach that I've smeared them, maybe
your one of those that are promoting hate too for all I know. I've been giving
my opinion you seem to ignore the parts you dislike and jump on the dumbest
thing as if you've proven a point to win a debate. There was no debate here,
I've offered nothing but answers to your questions. If you have a point I'd
wish you'd make it.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
You questioned whether anyone had access to the internet, and it turned out to be not zero or near zero or anything like that. It turned out to be 30,000,000. It has a bearing on the credibility of your analysis and assertions. People are questioning whether anyone has seen the film, when clearly they have. And people are questioning whether there can be genuine ...[text shortened]... the content of the film among people who have heard about its content, which clearly there can.
You are telling me all the people who are rioting have seen the film?
Kelly

F

Moves
16 Sep 12

I have not smeared 1,500,000,000 people I've said murderers used the film
as an excuse and the rest took off and others have been fanning the flames
of hate. Not sure how you make the reach that I've smeared them, maybe
your one of those that are promoting hate too for all I know.
This was clearly a reference to sonhouse's "the whole Muslim world erupts with violence" in the OP.

F

Moves
16 Sep 12

You are telling me all the people who are rioting have seen the film?
Of course not. I am simply rebutting your claim that the anger and violence has nothing to do with the film.

F

Moves
16 Sep 12

...maybe your one of those that are promoting hate too for all I know.
And towards whom might I be "promoting hate" do you think?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
Christians.

F

Moves
16 Sep 12

I've been giving
my opinion you seem to ignore the parts you dislike and jump on the dumbest
thing as if you've proven a point to win a debate.
You have the right to say "the dumbest thing" about a serious topic just as I have the right to call you on it.

F

Moves
16 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF

Originally posted by RJHinds
Christians.
How so? That's a pretty serious charge. How have I been promoting hatred against Christians on this thread, or indeed any thread here at RHP?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
How so? That's a pretty serious charge. How have I been promoting hatred against Christians on this thread, or indeed any thread here at RHP?
You support Muslims and Islam. That is just as good as promoting hatred against Christians and Israel regardless of your intentions. 😏

F

Moves
16 Sep 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
You support Muslims and Islam. That is just as good as promoting hatred against Christians and Israel regardless of your intentions. 😏
I simply resist what I see as inaccurate generalization and stereotypes, or attempts to smear or condemn whole swathes of people based on incidents that occur in certain cultural and political contexts.

The anti-Muslim rhetoric on this forum sometimes has points to make, but much of it is mean spirited, ignorant, partisan nonsense. And although I am not a Muslim myself, I have sometimes been the only voice here who has been pointing out the nonsense of what some people claim.

I would have thought the tiny bit of 'balance' that some of the information I offer is in some small way beneficial to some of the discussions we have here, rather than a promotion of "hatred".

I do not "support" Islam any more or less than I "support" Scientologists, Christians or Hindus. I certainly do not promote "hatred" against Christians or any other group.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
I simply resist what I see as inaccurate generalization and stereotypes, or attempts to smear or condemn whole swathes of people based on incidents that occur in certain cultural and political contexts.

The anti-Muslim rhetoric on this forum sometimes has points to make, but much of it is mean spirited, ignorant, partisan nonsense. And although I am not a Mu ...[text shortened]... or Hindus. I certainly do not promote "hatred" against Christians or any other group.
Yes you do. 😏

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
This was clearly a reference to sonhouse's "the whole Muslim world erupts with violence" in the OP.
You can lay all my words at my feet not sonhouse's he can be head
accountable for his own.
Kelly