1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    28 Mar '12 12:55
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Why must you guys resort to hypothetical questions?
    Ok you studied engineering so how about this.

You are doing an engineering project where you are building sea defences to protect against tsunamis.

You are told that the requirement is for the sea defences to be able to withstand a 1 in 100 yr event so
    to determine the required height of the sea wall you need to look up the records of tsunamis in the area
    and determine the frequency of different sized waves to work out how high the wall would have to be to
    withstand a 1 in 100 yr event.

Then someone asks this question.

"given that for an earthquake to cause a tsunami it needs to cause a vertical shift in sea floor height, what
    would happen if the earthquake both caused a tsunami and caused the land on which we are building this
    sea wall to drop?"

This is a hypothetical "what if" question.
    It is important and relevant because it highlights a potential weakness in the design of your sea defences.
    If the area in question is prone to earthquakes where the land changes height then that must be factored in
    to the hight of wall needed to withstand a 100 year event.

Hypothetical questions are an important and perfectly valid method of exploring an issue or argument.
    Another related form is the 'thought experiment' in which you think your way through the consequences of the
    rules or laws of a system to see what outcome theory predicts for a given situation.
    This can be used to test your theoretical understanding, if the result of the situation is already known then you can
    see if your theoretical understanding matches what happens in reality.
    It can also be used to predict the outcome of a situation that has not yet been observed.

If you really were an engineer I am astonished that you don't appear to understand the utility and purpose of
    hypothetical questions.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '12 13:12
    Why must you guys resort to hypothetical questions?
    its because their whole belief system is based upon a hypothesis! its no small matter if they reflect it elsewhere.
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    28 Mar '12 13:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its because their whole belief system is based upon a hypothesis! its no small matter if they reflect it elsewhere.
    An inanity refuted by my post above.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '12 13:27
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    An inanity refuted by my post above.
    ok, if you say so. . . . . it must be true.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Mar '12 13:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You mean "the theory of evolution'?
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    28 Mar '12 13:52
    You mean "the theory of evolution'?
    Give it a rest.
    We get it already, you don't accept evolution. Nobody is ever going to mistake you for someone who does
    accept evolution, you don't have to mention it every other post.
    If you're worried about it you can put it your bio.

You have no clue what your talking about and refuse to learn so there is no point in debating this with you.
    We are stuck permanently thinking the other is wrong on this issue and there is no fruitful debate to be had
    so stop injecting it into every other debate otherwise there is no point in anyone talking to you at all ever.
  7. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 01:49
    Why don't you just kill me and get it over with? 😏
    Why would I want to kill you? I just want you banned, hell most of the site wants you banned. You calim you are like jesus and then you cheat. Get over yourself.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 01:58
    Originally posted by usmc7257
    Why would I want to kill you? I just want you banned, hell most of the site wants you banned. You calim you are like jesus and then you cheat. Get over yourself.
    From epiphinehas, clearly one of the wiser and more thoughtful - and most fair minded - posters in this community, on the Dividing the Wheat from the Chaff thread:

"I'm not one for deciding who is a genuine Christian and who is not. I'll take [RJHinds] at his word regarding his declared faith. He seems to have a great deal of knowledge at his disposal regarding it. It's easy to have doubts, though, considering the shameless misbehavior. But even Christians can have psychological problems. RJHinds may be in the grips of mental illness, for all we know. In which case, his faith may be genuine, but marred by psychosis. Declaring oneself the reaper in Christ's parable, for example, could easily be an example of a schizophrenic delusion of grandeur."
  9. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 02:05
    Allah is not the same as the God of the Holy Bible. Allah is Satan in disguise.
    Um...Mr. Hinds...are you aware that Christians in the Middle East worship the God that they refer to in their own language as Allah? Are you aware that there is actual proof that Allah is the name that the early Christians used? I guess someone forgot to tell them that they are worshiping Satan...

Oh, and one more thing...your praise cry HalleluYAH at the end of so many of your posts is another derivative of the Middle Eastern appeal to Allah; "Ya Allah!"

La Allaha illa Allahu!!!
    *There is only One God!!!

Ya Salaam!

Hakima
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 02:30
    Originally posted by hakima
    Um...Mr. Hinds...are you aware that Christians in the Middle East worship the God that they refer to in their own language as Allah? Are you aware that there is actual proof that Allah is the name that the early Christians used? I guess someone forgot to tell them that they are worshiping Satan...

Oh, and one more thing...your praise cry HalleluYAH at th ...[text shortened]... ah; "Ya Allah!"

La Allaha illa Allahu!!!
    *There is only One God!!!

Ya Salaam!

Hakima
    Another deception of Satan, the god of this world. There is only ONE God and He
    has a Son. HalleluYah !!! 😏
  11. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 02:45
    Another deception of Satan, the god of this world. There is only ONE God and He
    has a Son. HalleluYah !!! 😏
    What deception? Are the Christians of the Middle East who refer to the God they worship as Allah, deceived?

If there is only One God and He has a Son, wouldn't that make two Gods?

Your own logic is deceptive, sir.

Ya Allah!
    Ya Salaam!
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 05:241 edit
    What deception? Are the Christians of the Middle East who refer to the God they worship as Allah, deceived?

Ya Allah!
    Ya Salaam!
    You almost understand. Christ, being the Son of God also makes Him God as you
    say. So we have God the Father and God the Son, but since God is Spirit, He is not
    divided like the physical is divided. The essence of God remains one. In the
    physical, when you as a human have a son, he is also human, but the physical is
    divided and becomes two. In the case of God, the Spirit remains one, but there
    are two distinct persons, the Father and the Son. In fact there is another distinct
    person in the one Godhead and that person is called the Holy Spirit. Christ told
    his disciples to baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy
    Spirit. By saying the name instead of names Christ was indicating
    the oneness of God in the persons of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 06:511 edit

Ya Allah!
    Ya Salaam!
    He is an idiot

Islam right means inner peace or Salam or Shalom same word or even Jerusalem

the salam/shalom means peace in Arabic / Hebrew

Just Like Allah is another name or word for God in Arabic. Some Arab Christian say Allah when referring to God. I've read and heard this before.

As-Salmu Alaykum or Peace be with you. I'm not a Muslim but it's beautiful 🙂

Manny
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 06:58
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah

Manny
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 07:17
    Originally posted by menace71
    Just Like Allah is another name or word for God in Arabic. Some Arab Christian say Allah when referring to God.
    "Allah" is also one of the words for "God" in Indonesian (and Malaysian) along with "Tuhan" and is used by Christians and Muslims alike.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree