1. London
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 09:45
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    There are also more christians alive today than all the previous generations combined.
    Still want to argue that Christians are the "best protected bunch" on the planet? How many other world religions can you show have equal or higher rates of persecution (either in absolute #s or %s) for their faith?

Heck, despite the 24/7 MSM coverage assigned to the Iraq fiasco, the ethnic cleansing of Iraqi Christians receives virtually no coverage at all!
  2. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 09:53
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I woke up this morning and hoped all you christians had died in some sort of freak virus-incident.

How ffing disappointed I am!
    Leave them alone....they were fed to lions once....they have suffered enough!!!!
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 10:00
    Originally posted by whodey
    I mean, where are all the dead Muslims if the number of dead Christians totaled 2 million if it were a two sided affair?
    You didn't read my post carefully. According to the news stories and wikipedia article I looked up, nobody is making a claim of 2 million deaths except the article you cited. So if all sides in the conflict are claiming a maximum of less that half a million then why is your ref quoting 2 million? Gross exaggeration to say the least.

You do raise a good objection in assuming that ALL of the southern Sudanese are "Christian". I mean, what society on earth is all "Christian"? However, you must realize that those that persecute the southern region are not Christian they are Muslim. I think for many Muslims, their faith is more a political philosophy than spiritual in nature, thus they see their religion practicing Sharia law and the Christians practicing Christianity in their respective governments. In fact, many Muslims view America and Bush as Christian Crusaders. If my religion was mostly political in nature I would assume as much as well. I really do think that they see the struggle in terms of fighting "Christianity" even though it may be far from the truth.
    Again you didn't read what I said. According to Wikipedia both sides of the conflict are Muslim so how are they fighting Christianity by killing each other and why do Christians feel persecuted by it?
  4. London
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 10:42
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Can anyone back up that figure?
    A recent news story said that the rebels were claiming 450,000 deaths and the government figure is around 10,000.
    2 million seems like serious gross exaggeration making me think that some of the other claims are probably inaccurate or exaggerated too.

According to Wikkipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janjaweed
    ...[text shortened]... urce and land allocation.

Where are the Christians dying in all this? Or is wikkipedia wrong?
    Wikipedia isn't wrong -- you're just reading the wrong article (more specifically, the wrong conflict in Sudan). Try these articles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Sudanese_Civil_War
    http://www.uscirf.gov/countries/publications/policyfocus/sudan_policy_brief.pdf

The Darfur conflict is in western Sudan. The persecution being referred to is in the South.
  5. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 14:36
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Praise be!
    Hella yeah! There's international black day, international woman's day, international gay day, international secretary day, international mother's, father's, children's and old age-pensioners day...

But there's a definate lack of international white, heterosexual, single, childless man's day.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, and I ...[text shortened]... ttle Xians hiding behind plackards at the front door.

Go forth and punch them!
    I think we should have a International save an Atheist day....actually every day is that but i want it recognised...who's with me on that one?!😵
  6. Joined
    13 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 00:20
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    Leave them alone....they were fed to lions once....they have suffered enough!!!!
    That doesn't count because they deserved it. They were part of a religion that said the Romans were immoral because of their anal antics.

The Romans said go away or shut up or be fed to lions.

Clearly they chose being fed to lions (by not going away or shutting up) and therefore deserved it.

And what good did it do em eh? Stupid Christians. Tut tut.
  7. Joined
    20 Jun '07
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 01:43
    Not meaning to offend, but I hope many of the posts I read are jokes.

Punch a Christian day?- that idea reflects an intolerance aggressive attitude

The comments about Christians deserving suffering in Roman times. Firstly I would recommend a little bit of research of the early Roman empire. Secondly I can think of a few more incidents were Chrstians suffered.

I myself am not a Christian so I can understand, theism followers can be trying and irrating.I personally believe that some problems in society are encouraged by religion. I apolgise if I seem patronisng but one word - Tolerance
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 03:23
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Still want to argue that Christians are the "best protected bunch" on the planet? How many other world religions can you show have equal or higher rates of persecution (either in absolute #s or %s) for their faith?

Heck, despite the 24/7 MSM coverage assigned to the Iraq fiasco, the ethnic cleansing of Iraqi Christians receives virtually no coverage at all!
    There is a fundamental difference between people being persecuted for their faith and people being persecuted for simply existing, who just happen to be a particular faith.
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 03:25
    Originally posted by 123roco
    Not meaning to offend, but I hope many of the posts I read are jokes.

Punch a Christian day?- that idea reflects an intolerance aggressive attitude

The comments about Christians deserving suffering in Roman times. Firstly I would recommend a little bit of research of the early Roman empire. Secondly I can think of a few more incidents were Chrstians su ...[text shortened]... in society are encouraged by religion. I apolgise if I seem patronisng but one word - Tolerance
    Stop trying to introduce logic and tolerance to these forums! Such insolence will not be tolerated, and boy, do WE know how to be intolerant!!!
  10. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 03:30
    Did I miss "Kick An Atheist For Jesus" day? I lost my calendar for a while there.
  11. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 03:451 edit
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    Did I miss "Kick An Atheist For Jesus" day? I lost my calendar for a while there.
    Yes. But you know you can always kick me.

[edit; what would Jesus do? Kung fu or Karate?]
  12. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 03:48
    Originally posted by 123roco
    Tolerance
    "...celebrate everything we hate about [Christians]..."

"Well, that's certainly true if you're a follower of Allan. (pig dung be upon him.)"

"Clearly [Christians] chose being fed to lions...and therefore deserved it."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sounds like some people here could really use a dose or two of tolerance. I agree completely, I sure hope these are in good humor. Some of them are on that very fragile line between intolerance and good humor.
  13. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 03:511 edit
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Yes. But you know you can always kick me.

[edit; what would Jesus do? Kung fu or Karate?]
    It's never fun to kick the willing. They forget to cry.

Edit: Jesus would do karate. He'd bow respectfully first. Then kick.
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 03:59
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    It's never fun to kick the willing. They forget to cry.

Edit: Jesus would do karate. He'd bow respectfully first. Then kick.
    I'd cry for you. Especially if you go for the ankles or other such places.

Well, I can agree with Jesus then. I think we'd have a good fight! I love my karate training!
  15. Joined
    12 Dec '06
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 04:16
    will you meet me in the colosseum, shav? or, are you simply another coward behind the keyboard? come and punch me; at least, try ... or better, i'll be in amsterdam in november. let's meet there. will I meet you or only more hot air?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree