1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Aug '12 19:48
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Ok. Lol. You know that's not what the Bible says but you twist and move words around as you do with the trinity and come up with these strange ideas.

Perhaps you should not come up with these ideas on your own but do this:

Proverbs 3:5-6
    Amplified Bible (AMP)

5 Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and ( ...[text shortened]... d then not have to come up with these supposed answers on your own.

Just a thought........
    You rely on the understanding of the Watchtower Society. Okay, don't do any thinking for yourself then. 😏
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Aug '12 20:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You rely on the understanding of the Watchtower Society. Okay, don't do any thinking for yourself then. 😏
    Lol. If you haven't noticed I've been out numbered by many here who do not believe in the trinity and they are not Jw's. This has nothing to do with the JW's. It simple has to do with pagan doctrines and seeing how they have influanced the teachings of many..
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Aug '12 20:50
    Lol. If you haven't noticed I've been out numbered by many here who do not believe in the trinity and they are not Jw's. This has nothing to do with the JW's. It simple has to do with pagan doctrines and seeing how they have influanced the teachings of many..
    They have been blinded by the light of God and can't see the truth declared by Christ.

YouTube&feature=related
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Aug '12 22:37
    They have been blinded by the light of God and can't see the truth declared by Christ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlBifX0H3yg&feature=related
    Lol. Ok buddy.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 05:33
    I never said it was all men. Where did I say that?
    when I say there are no qualified people I mean nobody is qualified to enter the Kingdom of God. No one will be justified in God's sight by their works.

I remember either you or RC saying that they knew a women who claimed to be one of the 144K when the 144K appear to be men. So I'm not saying you said it was all men. comprehension please.

Manny
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 15:21
    Originally posted by menace71
    when I say there are no qualified people I mean nobody is qualified to enter the Kingdom of God. No one will be justified in God's sight by their works.

I remember either you or RC saying that they knew a women who claimed to be one of the 144K when the 144K appear to be men. So I'm not saying you said it was all men. comprehension please.

Manny
    The 144,000 may also be homosexual men for they are those that have never had sex with women. That excludes me. So I see no incentive in believing that only those 144,000 are going to Heaven. Perhaps the homosexual men will like it. 😏
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 15:22
    The 144,000 may also be homosexual men for they are those that have never had sex with women. That excludes me. So I see no incentive in believing that only those 144,000 are going to Heaven. Perhaps the homosexual men will like it. 😏
    I know and it is only men. Some JW women clame to be a part of it, LOL.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 15:34
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I know and it is only men. Some JW women clame to be a part of it, LOL.
    Well, they could say they never had sex with women, but then they would also have to be virgin women, who have kept themself chaste.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 15:43
    Well, they could say they never had sex with women, but then they would also have to be virgin women, who have kept themself chaste.
    Good Point.

So of the JW's that have had sex can't be a part of the 144,000.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 16:00
    So are you guys saying to have sex with a woman is a defiling act? It defiles one to have a sexual relations with his wife? Is this God's view of a married couples relations, as something that would not gain his approval and keep one from this position next to Jesus?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 16:021 edit
    And are you all sure only men are allowed?

Galatians 3:28
    Amplified Bible (AMP)

28 There is no distinction neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is not male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 16:26
    So are you guys saying to have sex with a woman is a defiling act? It defiles one to have a sexual relations with his wife? Is this God's view of a married couples relations, as something that would not gain his approval and keep one from this position next to Jesus?
    http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/may2011/johnb54.htm
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 17:17
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/may2011/johnb54.htm
    Well that really doesn't answer my question? Any thoughts from the Bible on this?
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 17:221 edit
    Well that really doesn't answer my question? Any thoughts from the Bible on this?
    Well i told you before that i agree with that person that they are jews and that i also agree with RJ that they are virgins.

Revelation 14:4
    These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 18:02
    The apostle John wrote: “I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand.” (Revelation 7:4) In the Bible, the phrase “those who were sealed” refers to a group of individuals who are chosen from among mankind to rule with Christ in heaven over the coming Paradise earth. (2 Corinthians 1:21, 22; Revelation 5:9, 10; 20:6) Their number, 144,000, is understood literally for several reasons. One is found in the immediate context of Revelation 7:4.

After the apostle John was told in vision about this group of 144,000 individuals, he was shown another group. John describes this second group as “a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues.” This great crowd refers to those who will survive the coming “great tribulation,” which will destroy the present wicked world.—Revelation 7:9, 14.

Note, however, the contrast that John draws between verses 4 and 9 of Revelation chapter 7. He states that the first group, “those who were sealed,” has a definite number. However, the second group, “a great crowd,” is without a definite number. With that in mind, it is logical to take the number 144,000 to be literal. If the number 144,000 were symbolic and referred to a group that is actually numberless, the force of the contrast between those two verses would be lost. Thus, the context strongly indicates that the number 144,000 must be taken literally.

Various Bible scholars, past and present, reached the same conclusion—that is, the number is literal. For instance, in commenting on Revelation 7:4, 9, British lexicographer Dr. Ethelbert W. Bullinger observed some 100 years ago: “It is the simple statement of fact: a definite number in contrast with the indefinite number in this very chapter.” (The Apocalypse or “The Day of the Lord,” page 282) More recently, Robert L. Thomas, Jr., professor of New Testament at The Master’s Seminary in the United States, wrote: “The case for symbolism is exegetically weak.” He added: “It is a definite number [at 7:4] in contrast with the indefinite number of 7:9. If it is taken symbolically, no number in the book can be taken literally.”—Revelation: An Exegetical Commentary, Volume 1, page 474.

Some argue that since Revelation contains highly symbolic language, all numbers found in this book, including the number 144,000, must be symbolic. (Revelation 1:1, 4; 2:10) That conclusion, though, is clearly not correct. Granted, Revelation contains numerous symbolic numbers, but it also includes literal numbers. For instance, John speaks of “the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.” (Revelation 21:14) Clearly, the number 12 mentioned in this verse is literal, not symbolic. Further, the apostle John writes about “the thousand years” of Christ’s reign. That number is also to be taken literally, as a careful consideration of the Bible shows. (Revelation 20:3, 5-7) Hence, whether a number in Revelation is to be taken literally or symbolically depends on its background and setting.

The conclusion that the number 144,000 is literal and refers to a limited number of individuals, a relatively small group when compared with the “great crowd,” also harmonizes with other Bible passages. For instance, later in the vision that the apostle John receives, the 144,000 are described as those who “were bought from among mankind as firstfruits.” (Revelation 14:1, 4) The expression “firstfruits” refers to a small representative selection. Also, while Jesus was on earth, he spoke about those who will rule with him in his heavenly Kingdom and called them a “little flock.” (Luke 12:32; 22:29) Indeed, those from among mankind who will rule in heaven are few in comparison with those of mankind who will inhabit the coming Paradise earth.

Hence, the context of Revelation 7:4 and related statements found elsewhere in the Bible bear out that the number 144,000 is to be taken literally. It refers to those who will rule in heaven with Christ over a paradise earth, which will be filled with a large and undetermined number of happy people who worship Jehovah God.—Psalm 37:29.
    Watchtower 04"

One should really look up the scriptures to see the connections and extra explinations to verify the comments.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree