1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 18:041 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Well i told you before that i agree with that person that they are jews and that i also agree with RJ that they are virgins.

Revelation 14:4
    These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb.
    So that means vigins in a literal sence? Your'e sure?

144,000 ‘not defiled with women?

In Revelation 14:1-4, the 144,000 described as standing with the Lamb on Mount Zion are said to have been “bought from the earth. These are the ones that did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins.” These are shown as having a more intimate relationship with the Lamb than any others do, being the only ones to master the “new song.” (Re 14:1-4) This would indicate that they make up the “bride” of the Lamb. (Re 21:9) They are spiritual persons, as revealed by the fact that they stand on the heavenly Mount Zion with the Lamb. Therefore their ‘not defiling themselves with women’ and their being “virgins” would not mean that none of these 144,000 persons had ever been married, for the Scriptures do not forbid persons on earth who are to be joint heirs with Christ to marry. (1Ti 3:2; 4:1, 3) Neither would it imply that all the 144,000 were men, for “there is neither male nor female” as far as the spiritual relationship of Christ’s joint heirs is concerned. (Ga 3:28) The “women” therefore must be symbolic women, doubtless religious organizations such as Babylon the Great and her ‘daughters,’ false religious organizations, the joining of and participation in which would prevent one from being spotless. (Re 17:5) This symbolic description harmonizes with the requirement in the Law that the high priest of Israel take only a virgin for his wife, for Jesus Christ is Jehovah’s great High Priest.—Le 21:10, 14; 2Co 11:2; Heb 7:26.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 18:12
    1 Timothy 4:2-3
    Good News Translation (GNT)

2 "Such teachings are spread by deceitful liars, whose consciences are dead, as if burnt with a hot iron. 3 Such people teach that it is wrong to marry and to eat certain foods. But God created those foods to be eaten, after a prayer of thanks, by those who are believers and have come to know the truth."

If marriage were the wrong course to take for one to qualify to be a part of this 144,000, it would have been stated in the beginning of this arrangment process to find 144,000 virgins. It never was mentioned anywhere in the Bible to prepar ones for this role but instead the scriptures clearly explain that it is a wonderful and accepted thing to marry if one desires.
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 03:03
    Originally posted by galveston75

2 "Such teachings are spread by deceitful liars, whose consciences are dead, as if burnt with a hot iron. 3 Such people teach that it is wrong to marry and to eat certain foods. But God created those foods to be eaten, after a prayer of thanks, by those who are believers and have come to know the truth."
    ...[text shortened]... scriptures clearly explain that it is a wonderful and accepted thing to marry if one desires.
    There was no preparation for the 144K they were chosen by God

Manny
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 03:27
    Originally posted by menace71
    There was no preparation for the 144K they were chosen by God

Manny
    So if no preperation or some info from somebody to tell them to stay as virgins, did they just know this on their own to stay chaste or there were actually 144,000 male virgins around to choose from?
    If so can you please show me from the Bible this fact?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 04:56
    So if no preperation or some info from somebody to tell them to stay as virgins, did they just know this on their own to stay chaste or there were actually 144,000 male virgins around to choose from?
    We can't just fill in the blanks at your whim. The Holy Spirit will have to reveal the truth of any more details of future events. Do not get over-anxious, calm down. The answer will come in due time. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 05:041 edit

...[text shortened]... scriptures clearly explain that it is a wonderful and accepted thing to marry if one desires.
    These deceitful liars also teach that to abstain from blood means abstain from saving a person's life by using blood transfusions and that it is a sin to rescue Oxen stuck in mud on the Sabbath. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 05:52
    I can promise you this much G-man that not one J-Dub is of the 144K Not one my friend.

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree