j.w's and the number 144,000

j.w's and the number 144,000

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Aug 12

is it true that only 144,000 get into heaven? if so where does the number come from?

rc

Moves
07 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
is it true that only 144,000 get into heaven? if so where does the number come from?
(Revelation 14:1) . . .And I saw, and, look! the Lamb standing upon the Mount Zion,
and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand having his name and the name of his
Father written on their foreheads. . .

No one has gone to heaven prior to Christ

(John 3:13) . . .Moreover, no man has ascended into heaven but he that descended
from heaven, the Son of man.

Moves
07 Aug 12

ah, so what meaning do other christian branches give to the 144,000?

Z

Moves
07 Aug 12

ah, so what meaning do other christian branches give to the 144,000?
some dude hallucinating in a cave?

w

Moves
07 Aug 12

Well there is Robbie, Galveston.....after that I got noth'in. I don't know who the rest of the 143,998 are.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Aug 12

Originally posted by whodey
Well there is Robbie, Galveston.....after that I got noth'in. I don't know who the rest of the 143,998 are.
You mean Rank Outsider is not one ? He does such good 'defense' work for them ..

Moves
07 Aug 12

there are around 7million j.w's on the planet, not even counting the dead ones, galveston and robbie have roughly a 1 in 50 chance of getting in. i think id give up if i were them as the true odds are gonna be double that.

w

Moves
07 Aug 12
1 edit

there are around 7million j.w's on the planet, not even counting the dead ones, galveston and robbie have roughly a 1 in 50 chance of getting in. i think id give up if i were them as the true odds are gonna be double that.
Well, at least it is better odds than for you or I. 😛

rc

Moves
07 Aug 12

why, there is also a great crowd which no man was able to number,

(Revelation 7:9-10) . . .After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no
man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues,
standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there
were palm branches in their hands.  And they keep on crying with a loud voice, saying:
“Salvation [we owe] to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb.”

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
07 Aug 12

Oh they have a much lower chance than that - though you correctly accounted for those JWs who have died you haven't yet accounted for those who are yet to be born. Indeed perhaps Robbie and Co. might wish to petition God for the end of the world to take place immediately. Their chances of getting into the magic playground are getting smaller with every day that passes.
Actually they have no chance because fairy tale gardens in the sky don\'t actually exist

rc

Moves
07 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Agerg
Oh they have a much lower chance than that - though you correctly accounted for those JWs who have died you haven't yet accounted for those who are yet to be born. Indeed perhaps Robbie and Co. might wish to petition God for the end of the world to take place immediately. Their chances of getting into the magic playground are getting smaller with every day tha ...[text shortened]... ally they have no chance because fairy tale gardens in the sky don\'t actually exist[/hidden]
it seems to me that you are unaware that the majority of Jehovahs Witnesses hope to
live, not in heaven with Christ, but on a restored paradise earth, which has the capacity
to hold all the people that have ever lived.

w

Moves
07 Aug 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
why, there is also a great crowd which no man was able to number,

(Revelation 7:9-10) . . .After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no
man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues,
standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there
were palm branches in their h ...[text shortened]... voice, saying:
“Salvation [we owe] to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb.”
Are you suggesting that you are not one of the 144,000 Robbie?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
07 Aug 12

Galveston is not one of the 144,000. My desire is to be here on earth, hopefully forever if I am found worthy.

Moves
07 Aug 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Galveston is not one of the 144,000. My desire is to be here on earth, hopefully forever if I am found worthy.
why do you talk like robot?

j

Moves
07 Aug 12
2 edits

erased. nevermind.