1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '17 13:022 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Millions of people telling everybody, including themselves, by way of reciting rote-learned dogma, that they have a "personal relationship with God" is group thinking for you, yes.
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    If that were all to it, just a bunch of people telling themselves something, than yes, I'd agree. What you fail to see is that our Creator is reaching out to His creation due to the evil it is currently plunged in, and the love He has for us, so the greatest thing that can happen to anyone is for those that choose to can turn their lives over to God where we belong.

If you think this universe just happen for no cause, no reason, nothing is directing it towards any end, and that there isn't any meaning beyond what we assign. That is group think too do you agree?

If God is reaching out that isn't a group think, but something more, relationships do carry within them some agreed upon thoughts lining up together yes, I like/love you so we will travel our lives together, verses get out of my way.

Thanks for your answer. Your assertion that you have a "personal relationship" with something, along with countless millions of other people, based on a mythology passed down from generation to generation, is not a convincing argument that you are not part of groupist ideology.

If you think this universe just happen for no cause, no reason, nothing is directing it towards any end, and that there isn't any meaning beyond what we assign. That is group think too do you agree?

If you can make a case that a lack of ideology, a lack of membership of a religious group, a lack of subscription to any texts etc. is groupism, then perhaps you should give it a try. What is the case in favour of using the term "groupist" in such circumstances?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '17 13:10
    What you fail to see is that our Creator is reaching out to His creation due to the evil it is currently plunged in, and the love He has for us, so the greatest thing that can happen to anyone is for those that choose to can turn their lives over to God where we belong.
    Once again, thanks for your answer. I am not "failing to see" what your claims are. I just have no reason to believe them. Claiming that you are 'Turning your life over to God' like millions of other people, and doing so for exactly the same superstitious reason, no matter how much you believe it is "the greatest thing that can happen", is describing yourself as part of a groupist movement, and is not a description of individualism.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '17 13:12
    No word on group thinking about those that reject God?
    When you say "reject God", do you mean Hindus, Jews, Muslims and Sikhs and others too?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 08:14
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Once again, thanks for your answer.
    How come you get a response from KellyJay?

😠
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 08:30
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    How come you get a response from KellyJay?

😠
    You are a scallywag through and through. Whereas with me, it's merely that SOME of the things I say are scallywaggy.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 08:371 edit
    Whereas with me, it's merely that SOME of the things I say are scallywaggy.
    "A little leven, levens the whole lump"

Galatians 5:9
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 10:26
    Romans 11New International Version (NIV)

The Remnant of Israel
    11 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. Don’t you know what Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel: 3 “Lord, they have killed your prophets and torn down your altars; I am the only one left, and they are trying to kill me”[a]? 4 And what was God’s answer to him? “I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal.”[b] 5 So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. 6 And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

7 What then? What the people of Israel sought so earnestly they did not obtain. The elect among them did, but the others were hardened, 8 as it is written:

“God gave them a spirit of stupor,
    eyes that could not see
    and ears that could not hear,
    to this very day.”[c]
    9 And David says:

“May their table become a snare and a trap,
    a stumbling block and a retribution for them.
    10 May their eyes be darkened so they cannot see,
    and their backs be bent forever.”[d]
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 10:45
    You are a scallywag through and through. Whereas with me, it's merely that SOME of the things I say are scallywaggy.
    Sorry, I didn't realize it was you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree