1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 18:10
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I started a thread on this a few years ago; it's an interesting point.
    So, in your mind, what's the "interesting point"?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 18:12
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Do you believe in the deity of Christ?
    The same way I dont use words like Trinity or Triune and a host of other man made words to describe what the Bible says I dont use the word 'diety'. These words convey different meanings often not intended by the Bible.

God said that he made Christ a God [cant remember the verse now]. Christ was made a little lower than the angels at birth, and then after his resurrection he was promoted to sit at the right hand of God [above the angels]. God remains the Father of Christ and above Him.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 18:15
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Evidently josephw has given up on whatever point he was trying to make via John 10:33. Seems like we can all assume that he realized that he didn't have one and instead of being a man and admitting it, he's chosen to go off the thread topic and in a completely different direction.

For all the warnings the Bible has against pride, it seems that many Christians are as susceptible, if not more, to pride as anyone.

Business as usual on RHP.
    Apparently ThinkOfOne is going to resort to his favorite method of addressing the obvious, obfuscation.

You know perfectly well what I'm posting about, but you are afraid to look right at it, so you run and hide behind your words.

Is there an honest man in the house?
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 18:392 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No. You fail, as does Rajk999.

The Jews did NOT "erroneously believe that Jesus was claiming to be God Himself." They believed in what Jesus Himself said. And since they were not of his flock (as earlier in John 10), they sought to lay siege to him, to catch him saying something against their laws.

"I and my Father are one." -- John 10:30

Some w ...[text shortened]... him." -- John 10:36-38, KJV

They did not do this, because they were not of His flock.
    You really need to consider the reason that Jesus believed that the Jews accused Him of blasphemy.

John 10
    34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Jesus seems to believe that it's because He said, "I am the Son of God". Do you think that Jesus was mistaken in His belief?
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 18:452 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    Apparently ThinkOfOne is going to resort to his favorite method of addressing the obvious, obfuscation.

You know perfectly well what I'm posting about, but you are afraid to look right at it, so you run and hide behind your words.

Let's see. Obfuscation via asking for you to explicitly state your point? Do you even know what the word means? If you did know, you'd know that your ongoing refusal to explicitly state your point IS obfuscation.

Evidently josephw has given up on whatever point he was trying to make via John 10:33. Seems like we can all assume that he realized that he didn't have one and instead of being a man and admitting it, he's chosen to go off the thread topic and in a completely different direction.

For all the warnings the Bible has against pride, it seems that many Christians are as susceptible, if not more, to pride as anyone.

Business as usual on RHP.

If you have a point, then explicitly state it. Your ongoing refusal to do so seems to indicate that you realized that John 10:33 doesn't make it.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 19:04

There is ample evidence in the Holy Bible to show that Christ is God manifested in the flesh to those willing to accept it. However, those that hold to their biases will continue to reject the truth. Just be thankful that you have not been blinded to the truth of the gospel of Christ.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 19:09
    You really need to consider the reason that Jesus believed that the Jews accused Him of blasphemy.

John 10
    34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36[b]Say ye of him
    , whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the wo ...[text shortened]... it's because He said, "I am the Son of God". Do you think that Jesus was mistaken in His belief?[/b]
    No, not at all, because He knew, as do most Christians today, that Jesus IS God. So yes, the Son of God IS God.

Don't blame me if your mind is too little to wrap itself around that.

And "the reason that Jesus believed that the Jews accused Him of blasphemy" was considered in my post. Except, of course, the reason I quoted that passage was different from your reason you quoted that passage. Did you even read my post?

And no, I do not think "Jesus was mistaken in His belief" because you have the entire concept wrong here. Jesus did NOT "believe that it's because He said, "I am the Son of God"". It is because He *knew* it was because He claimed to BE God. Why can the unbelieving Jews get it right, but you cannot? THAT is josephw's entire point.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 19:30
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The same way I dont use words like Trinity or Triune and a host of other man made words to describe what the Bible says I dont use the word 'diety'. These words convey different meanings often not intended by the Bible.

God said that he made Christ a God [cant remember the verse now]. Christ was made a little lower than the angels at birth, and then after ...[text shortened]... sit at the right hand of God [above the angels]. God remains the Father of Christ and above Him.
    Ever obtuse, ever evading.

You say in round about ways that you do not believe in the Trinity and yet this says clearly that you do not believe in the Trinity. And you're not even being threatened with stoning. So why not come out and say it?

No, that's my whole point. You don't have to.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 19:36
    [b]Apparently ThinkOfOne is going to resort to his favorite method of addressing the obvious, obfuscation.

Let's see. Obfuscation via asking for you to explicitly state your point? Do you even know what the word means? If you did know, you'd know that your ongoing refusal to explicitly state your point IS obfuscation.

[quote]Evidently josephw h ...[text shortened]... ur ongoing refusal to do so seems to indicate that you realized that John 10:33 doesn't make it.[/b]
    You don't need to explicitly ask me what my point is. You know. So quit obfuscating.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 19:42
    So far I have quoted two verses.

Who will be the first to address the content of each? What do the verses say?

This is as direct as I need to be. This is as simple as it can be. Answer the Word!
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 20:19
    Ok, I've got it.

I must be writing with invisible ink today.

Yeah, that must be it.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 20:35
    Ok, I've got it.

I must be writing with invisible ink today.

Yeah, that must be it.
    Try shouting. 😕
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 20:42
    Rev. 1:8

[b]"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

A direct quote, right? Jesus Christ's own words, right?[/b]
    Without touching the Holy Spirit no one can believe the Trinity.
    It is a miracle that we believe the three-one God.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 20:49
    Originally posted by sonship
    Without touching the Holy Spirit no one can believe the Trinity.
    It is a miracle that we believe the three-one God.
    This is it in a nutshell. This succinctly explains all the unbelief.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 23:031 edit
    This is it in a nutshell. This succinctly explains all the unbelief.
    No it doesn't, your paganism is extra biblical and its hilarious that you people are so absolutely devoid of reason that you need to resort to ludicrous assertions that the Holy spirit prevents people from seeing the miracle of the trinity. Wow, Christ never mentions it and its unheard of in the Pauline letters. Its only a matter of time before you nutters start to snake dance, faith heal and start rolling about the floor to the sound of the tambourine, filled with the miracle of the Holy spirit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree