1. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 12:49
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Robbie is all those things, Yes.
    What about Robbie's relationship with his actual father.
    Is he the same as his father?

This is what you people say Christ = God. But the Bible says otherwise.
    You people? Dude, I don't know you and you sure don't know me. I was merely illustrating for RC how one can be many things yet the same but with different characteristics or responsibilities if you will. It is a lame analogy I know, but with a little thought I think one can get the point. In any event it does not detract from what the Word says, and what much of the debate is about.

Read...

Matthew 1:23
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)

23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child and shall bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which translated means, “God with us.”

What does 'God with us' mean? I know it does not fit in with how we may choose to believe, but there it is. If anything it deepens the mystery of God, where mere man cannot comprehend.

We get into these pissing matches (debates) and feel the need to be 'right', but are we. I don't think we are, we just think so. To be so adamant about a scripture as if you have it figured out is silly, we should try to learn from each other not cut each other down. Even as Christians, we argue back and forth over semantics while the world looks on. Isn't it time to do a little more leading by example vs. the same ole ride on the merry-go-round? Unity dude, that is what we should be pursuing as believers not creating division.

It seems to me, by reading some of your many posts that you are more about creating division amongst believers (those that don't believe exactly as you do) than unity. It reminds me of an illustration I often use with regards to perspective.

Two men are facing each other. One man holds up a quarter and asks, what do you see? The other man says a quarter, the first man says no, what do you see? The second man says, oh I see an image of a man. The first man says that is not what I see, I see something totally different.

You see, it is not until we come around to the other man's side, put our arm on his shoulder and see what he is seeing that we understand. It's perspective! RHP is not the place where a lot of seeing from someone else's perspective is happening, it's the nature of the forum. There is a lot of pot stirrers, trolling, etc. going on by individuals that are just having fun for themselves, eating snacks. But for those of us that believe, let's not give the others a show but express a little more grace for one another. Make sense? Anyhow, it's not you people, it's us people.

Just my thoughts, thanks for listening.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 14:00
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    [b]You people? Dude, I don't know you and you sure don't know me. I was merely illustrating for RC how one can be many things yet the same but with different characteristics or responsibilities if you will. It is a lame analogy I know, but with a little thought I think one can get the point. In any event it does not detract from what the Wo ...[text shortened]... sense? Anyhow, it's not you people, it's us people.

Just my thoughts, thanks for listening.[/b]
    we should hand Jaywill, Suzzianne and R J Hinds over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 15:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    we should hand Jaywill, Suzzianne and R J Hinds over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh
    Why?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 20:23
    Sorry, but this topic was rendered unsalvageable the moment robbie brought in his unbelief.

You can believe what you want, robbie, but please stop ruining threads with your unbelief. Have you fulfilled your corporation's agenda yet? Call me once you do so the grown-ups can continue talking about this topic without the confused ones getting in the way.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 20:24
    [b]You people? Dude, I don't know you and you sure don't know me. I was merely illustrating for RC how one can be many things yet the same but with different characteristics or responsibilities if you will. It is a lame analogy I know, but with a little thought I think one can get the point. In any event it does not detract from what the Wo ...[text shortened]... sense? Anyhow, it's not you people, it's us people.

Nice. Good show.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 20:36
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    You seem to keep missing my point, so I'll try to lay things out as simply as possible.

Look at the verse JW quoted in the OP:
    John 10
    33“We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

In and of itself this verse only shows that the Jews believed that Jesus committed blasphe ...[text shortened]... n unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.
    Once again, for the slow ones.

"I and my Father are one.
    Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him." -- John 10:30-31, KJV

They weren't going to stone Him until He said this. Clearly, He is claiming to be God, and that is why the Jews THEN "took up stones again to stone Him."

"Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
    The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God." -- John 10:32-33, KJV

When Jesus said, "I and my Father are one", He "makest thyself God."

Again, how can the unbelieving Jews get this right, and yet some of the "believers" here can't? Dogma, plain and simple. Or, you know, maybe they just can't read. Since they can't even get simple verses like Colossians 1:15 right, AND can't see the truth when it is right in front of their faces (even people who cannot read get it right when it's shown to them), I'm just guessing Dogma must be the issue. So yeah, they're slow, but they're slow by choice.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 20:38
    Yeah, go ahead, see how far you get. Got Satan on speed dial, do you?

You already claimed your place, being a false prophet and all.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 21:441 edit

I think the only one around here creating divisions is you. So maybe have a good look at yourself.

As for your analogy you called lame and yet you posted the same thing twice. We all know that we have different faces to different people. Why bother repeating that. Christ is different things to different people.

What does that have to do with his relationship with God? God is Christ's Father.

Robbie is Robbie and Robbies's Father is an entirely different person.

How does your lame analogy help anyone to understand your twisted doctrine that Christ is God ?
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 22:08
    I think the only one around here creating divisions is you. So maybe have a good look at yourself.

As for your analogy you called lame and yet you posted the same thing twice. We all know that we have different faces to different people. Why bother repeating that. Christ is different things to different people.

What does that have to do with his relati ...[text shortened]...
    How does your lame analogy help anyone to understand your twisted doctrine that Christ is God ?
    Well I guess for you it doesn't help no how, rather than rant you should have ignored. Appreciate the comments though, helps me to understand you quite a bit more.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 22:13
    Well I guess for you it doesn't help no how, rather than rant you should have ignored. Appreciate the comments though, helps me to understand you quite a bit more.
    You mean down at your local church the pastor gave you the same analogy and you went ... OH ! I get it .. Christ and God must be the same .. I get it .. I understand.. thank you .."

Sorry, Im not that gullible. I read my Bible, and interpret it for myself. Maybe you should try it.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 22:25
    Why?
    To bring them from their state of zombism to one of reality.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 22:27
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yeah, go ahead, see how far you get. Got Satan on speed dial, do you?

You already claimed your place, being a false prophet and all.
    You can babble and drool all you like but please don't turn me into a zombie in your zombie apocalypse.
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 23:12
    You mean down at your local church the pastor gave you the same analogy and you went ... OH ! I get it .. Christ and God must be the same .. I get it .. I understand.. thank you .."

Sorry, Im not that gullible. I read my Bible, and interpret it for myself. Maybe you should try it.
    Raj, answer this for me... Do you belong to a house of worship, church, sect, denomination, anything? Are you on your own?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 23:34
    Raj, answer this for me... Do you belong to a house of worship, church, sect, denomination, anything? Are you on your own?
    How is that relevant ?
    Is that part of another analogy ?
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 23:36
    How is that relevant ?
    Is that part of another analogy ?
    Cant you answer?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree