1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 02:381 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    ToO said about as much as you did, which is nothing at all.

Because you can't! Yes, you can debate and argue with something I said, but you can't argue with the Word of God. That's why you remain silent concerning Rev. 1:8 [b]I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.[/b ...[text shortened]... wist the meanings of words, why don't you simply surrender to the authority of the written Word?
    This scripture is not speaking of Jesus at all but to his Father Jehovah who is called the "Almighty God". The term "Almighty" is never given to Jesus....ever.

Alpha and Omega: To whom does this title properly belong?

(1) At Revelation 1:8, its owner is said to be God, the Almighty. In Re 1 verse 11 according to KJ, that title is applied to one whose description thereafter shows him to be Jesus Christ. But scholars recognize the reference to Alpha and Omega in Re 1 verse 11 to be spurious, and so it does not appear in RS, NE, JB, NAB, Dy.
    (2) Many translations of Revelation into Hebrew recognize that the one described in Re 1 verse 8 is Jehovah, and so they restore the personal name of God there. See NW, 1984 Reference edition.
    (3) Revelation 21:6, 7 indicates that Christians who are spiritual conquerors are to be ‘sons’ of the one known as the Alpha and the Omega. That is never said of the relationship of spirit-anointed Christians to Jesus Christ. Jesus spoke of them as his ‘brothers.’ (Heb. 2:11; Matt. 12:50; 25:40) But those ‘brothers’ of Jesus are referred to as “sons of God.” (Gal. 3:26; 4:6) (4) At Revelation 22:12, TEV inserts the name Jesus, so the reference to Alpha and Omega in Re 22 verse 13 is made to appear to apply to him. But the name Jesus does not appear there in Greek, and other translations do not include it.
    (5) At Revelation 22:13, the Alpha and Omega is also said to be “the first and the last,” which expression is applied to Jesus at Revelation 1:17, 18. Similarly, the expression “apostle” is applied both to Jesus Christ and to certain ones of his followers. But that does not prove that they are the same person or are of equal rank, does it? (Heb. 3:1) So the evidence points to the conclusion that the title “Alpha and Omega” applies to Almighty God, the Father, not to the Son.

RS 405-425
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 05:03
    Originally posted by galveston75
    This scripture is not speaking of Jesus at all but to his Father Jehovah who is called the "Almighty God". The term "Almighty" is never given to Jesus....ever.

(1) At Revelation 1:8, its owner is said to be God, the Almighty. In Re 1 verse 11 according to KJ, that title is applied to o ...[text shortened]... t the title “Alpha and Omega” applies to Almighty God, the Father, not to the Son.

RS 405-425
    So the evidence points to the conclusion that the title “Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, and the First and the Last” applies to Almighty God - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 15:00
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I can but it is not relevant to an understanding of the relationship between God and Jesus Christ.

I try to be private in my dealings on the internet. Maybe you should as well. I dont ask personal questions neither do I answer them. Hope you respect that.

This forum is for discussion of religious matters. So please stick to the topic.
    But no, you just assume all kinds of things about people instead.

Yeah, that's Christian.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 15:05

(1) At Revelation 1:8, its owner is said to be God, the Almighty. In Re 1 verse 11 according to KJ, that title is applied to o ...[text shortened]... t the title “Alpha and Omega” applies to Almighty God, the Father, not to the Son.

RS 405-425
    Just look at all the hoops you have to jump through just to explain your corporational dogma. Never mind trying to prove it.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 21:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So the evidence points to the conclusion that the title “Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, and the First and the Last” applies to Almighty God - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    No not at all but if that's what you want it to say, go for it.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 21:07
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Just look at all the hoops you have to jump through just to explain your corporational dogma. Never mind trying to prove it.
    Lol. The bible proves it and any fool could see that if they wanted to know the truth.
    All we've done is ask Jehovah to see the truths in the Bible and remove paganistic doctrines and guess what happend? We now see the trinity for what it is, a lie.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 21:15
    No not at all but if that's what you want it to say, go for it.
    That is what I believe it says, not what I want it to say.
  8. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '14 05:43
    I have no bible passage or verse to support this. . .

Is it possible that Jesus Christ is a clone of God?

I only think of that earthly way of thinking because that way, Jesus could be God's Son, and God, at the same time. Furthermore, God has no beginning right? So, Christ also has not beginning as well, even if he is a clone.

AGAIN, I HAVE NOT ONE VERSE to support this effort to try to understand Jesus and God being one, and yet 2.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree