1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 19:101 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    the scripture at John 17:3 does not say, 'eternal life is Christ Himself', what it actually does say is,

'this means everlasting life their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God and the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ', from memory.

I suspect its hard for you not to try to impose your paganism on scripture where none exists in th ...[text shortened]... xample demonstrates, after all, you are only following the pattern that has been set by you.
    Let me give a little more of scripture so we can see the verse in context. And also what Jesus had said earlier in scripture, so we can better understand it.

Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

(John 17:1-5 NKJV)

For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.

(John 5:21-23, 25-29 NKJV)

When He speaks of the Father and the Son having life within themselves, He obviously means eternal life and not just the life that is in each of our physical bodies.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree