1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '22 15:28
    Jesus could have helped him, but didn't.

John the Baptist sent his followers to ask Jesus if he was the Messiah. The response from Jesus was to have the followers go back and tell John how Jesus is performing miracles, healing, and helping many people,,,, well, except for John the Baptist.

They were related, cousins, and Jesus let him remain in prison to get beheaded.

I'm curious about why Jesus chose to ignore John when he needed Jesus the most.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '22 16:01
    It's interesting to note that John the Baptist is a prophet according to Islam.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '22 18:57
    @fmf said
    It's interesting to note that John the Baptist is a prophet according to Islam.
    I don't understand why that's interesting.
    Please explain.
  4. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    16 Oct '22 22:11
    Salome
    the dance of the seven veils
    I wish I could have seen it
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '22 22:20
    @gertrude said
    Salome
    the dance of the seven veils
    I wish I could have seen it
    Me too.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Oct '22 22:29
    @chaney3 said
    Jesus could have helped him, but didn't.

John the Baptist sent his followers to ask Jesus if he was the Messiah. The response from Jesus was to have the followers go back and tell John how Jesus is performing miracles, healing, and helping many people,,,, well, except for John the Baptist.

They were related, cousins, and Jesus let him remain in prison to get beheaded.

I'm curious about why Jesus chose to ignore John when he needed Jesus the most.
    Jesus suffered and died and even told those around Him it was going occur before it did. Why would Jesus stop what was going to occur to John when He did not stop what was going to happen to Himself?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '22 22:381 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Jesus suffered and died and even told those around Him it was going occur before it did. Why would Jesus stop what was going to occur to John when He did not stop what was going to happen to Himself?
    #1 Jesus supposedly died for a very good reason.
    #2 John the Baptist died because a girl asked her mom what she should ask for, and the mom suggested the head of John the Baptist. It seems a very insignificant death, and almost trivial.
    #3 Jesus was helping many, many people and made sure that John the Baptist knew about it.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Oct '22 22:47
    @chaney3 said
    #1 Jesus supposedly died for a very good reason.
    #2 John the Baptist died because a girl asked her mom what she should ask for, and the mom suggested the head of John the Baptist. It seems a very insignificant death, and almost trivial.
    #3 Jesus was helping many, many people and made sure that John the Baptist knew about it.
    Many of God’s people laid down their lives for their faith in God. God calls us to lay down for Him as He laid down His life for us. The difference between Christ and the world is just that, Christ came to make the guilty righteous, while the world needs us to be good enough. This life is not the end, it reveal what we are!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '22 23:01
    @kellyjay said
    Many of God’s people laid down their lives for their faith in God. God calls us to lay down for Him as He laid down His life for us. The difference between Christ and the world is just that, Christ came to make the guilty righteous, while the world needs us to be good enough. This life is not the end, it reveal what we are!
    I hear many Christians speak highly of looking forward to eternity with God, while minimizing the experience on earth as if it's meaningless and just something to get through until death.

Life should mean something, or why bother giving us life?

John the Baptist was killed in an almost ho-hum sort of way, as if his life meant nothing. And Jesus, his cousin, could have easily helped him, but didn't.

Why does anyone even pray to Jesus if they suspect that for some reason he won't help them, just as he didn't help John the Baptist?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '22 23:34
    @chaney3 said
    I don't understand why that's interesting.
    Please explain.
    No, it's alright. Don't worry about it. I waa speaking for myself.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '22 23:38
    @kellyjay said
    The difference between Christ and the world is just that, Christ came to make the guilty righteous, while the world needs us to be good enough.
    You believe Christ has made you "righteous"? Even though, as you claimed here just the other day, you are "as equally evil as a rapist"?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Oct '22 03:11
    @chaney3 said
    I hear many Christians speak highly of looking forward to eternity with God, while minimizing the experience on earth as if it's meaningless and just something to get through until death.

Life should mean something, or why bother giving us life?

John the Baptist was killed in an almost ho-hum sort of way, as if his life meant nothing. And Jesus, his cousin, could have e ...[text shortened]... us if they suspect that for some reason he won't help them, just as he didn't help John the Baptist?
    We are going to be there much longer than here.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '22 07:47
    @kellyjay said
    God calls us to lay down for Him as He laid down His life for us.
    As someone who claims to truly believe that all his non Christian family, friends and neighbours will be supernaturally kept alive and burnt alive for all eternity… what deeds and words do you carry out to demonstrate to those people how you are laying down your life?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Nov '22 10:27
    @divegeester said
    As someone who claims to truly believe that all his non Christian family, friends and neighbours will be supernaturally kept alive and burnt alive for all eternity… what deeds and words do you carry out to demonstrate to those people how you are laying down your life?
    If you want to justify yourself by telling people about all of your good deeds, go for
    it. That type of thing is between God and each of us.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '22 13:07
    @kellyjay said
    If you want to justify yourself by telling people about all of your good deeds, go for
    it. That type of thing is between God and each of us.
    According to your belief, aren't "good deeds" the difference between true faith and meaningless faith?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree