1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '22 13:09
    @KellyJay
    Don't good deeds "justify" faith and prevent it from being "dead"?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '22 16:09
    @kellyjay said
    If you want to justify yourself by telling people about all of your good deeds, go for
    it. That type of thing is between God and each of us.
    You claimed earlier that we are to lay down our lives.

So I’m asking you, how are you laying down yours?
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    09 Nov '22 16:211 edit
    @chaney3 said
    Jesus could have helped him, but didn't.

John the Baptist sent his followers to ask Jesus if he was the Messiah. The response from Jesus was to have the followers go back and tell John how Jesus is performing miracles, healing, and helping many people,,,, well, except for John the Baptist.

They were related, cousins, and Jesus let him remain in prison to get beheaded.

I'm curious about why Jesus chose to ignore John when he needed Jesus the most.
    If Jesus had helped him, it would have ruined the story.

This is the answer I tell myself watching TV shows. "Why did that character do such a stupid thing? Shouldn't they have done X instead?" Well, maybe, but what a boring show if the characters never make mistakes.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Nov '22 21:35
    @divegeester said
    You claimed earlier that we are to lay down our lives.

So I’m asking you, how are you laying down yours?
    The the technical answer is none of your business.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '22 22:08
    @kellyjay said
    The the technical answer is none of your business.
    What are you doing to help save your non Christian family, friends and neighbours from being burnt alive forever by your version of the loving Jesus?
  6. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    09 Nov '22 23:06
    @chaney3 said
    Jesus could have helped him, but didn't.
    version 1
    saving john the baptist was not jesus' job
    version 2
    this was a focused 33 year mission with a single objective, jtb was expendable
    version 3
    having jtb's head removed was the plan all along and the cross stuff is just a diversion
    version 4
    i have a bible in which jtb doesn't die
    ever

karma is gonna roll me
    lol
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Nov '22 00:151 edit
    @divegeester said
    What are you doing to help save your non Christian family, friends and neighbours from being burnt alive forever by your version of the loving Jesus?
    That is going to be between them and the Lord, as it is between you and the Lord. He is the judge not I. The most anyone can do is share the gospel, the seed falls on the ground, in some places it’s fruitful, others not. In the end it is always between them and Jesus.

Do you think you can make someone turn to the Lord to love God and their fellow man?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Nov '22 06:34
    @kellyjay said
    That is going to be between them and the Lord, as it is between you and the Lord. He is the judge not I. The most anyone can do is share the gospel, the seed falls on the ground, in some places it’s fruitful, others not. In the end it is always between them and Jesus.

Do you think you can make someone turn to the Lord to love God and their fellow man?
    I asked what you are doing to help save your non Christian family, friends and neighbours from being burnt alive forever by your version of the loving Jesus?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Nov '22 10:24
    @divegeester said
    I asked what you are doing to help save your non Christian family, friends and neighbours from being burnt alive forever by your version of the loving Jesus?
    And I told you how I conduct my life is none of your business, period, full stop. I'm
    not here to tell you or anyone the ends and outs of my life to justify myself or pat
    myself on the back for the things I do.

I also told you what is required is how we respond to God, it is always going to
    be between us and Christ as individuals. When judgment day comes the love of
    God either drew us to Him or not, it isn't going to be because of a human desire.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '22 10:52
    @kellyjay said
    And I told you how I conduct my life is none of your business, period, full stop.
    Is your answer to the question "Don't good deeds "justify" faith and prevent it from being "dead"?" also a secret?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Nov '22 12:03
    @kellyjay said
    And I told you how I conduct my life is none of your business, period, full stop.
    Don’t be silly KellyJay, I’m not asking you how you conduct your life. What I’m doing is challenging your pious instructions for people to “lay down their lives” in conjunction with your belief in eternal suffering.

I think, given the above, that it’s a fair question to therefore ask you how this instruction to “lay down your life” impacts your outreach to try to help save those whom you believe will be burning alive in hell.

For example, you might have replied:
    “I have spoken with all my non Christian friends, family and neighbour about the eternal peril which I fear they are in from being burnt alive by Jesus”

This would hardly be you providing a detailed account of how you “conduct your life” would it!
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Nov '22 16:18
    @divegeester said
    Don’t be silly KellyJay, I’m not asking you how you conduct your life. What I’m doing is challenging your pious instructions for people to “lay down their lives” in conjunction with your belief in eternal suffering.

I think, given the above, that it’s a fair question to therefore ask you how this instruction to “lay down your life” impacts your outreach to try to help ...[text shortened]... i]

This would hardly be you providing a detailed account of how you “conduct your life” would it!
    The only thing that saves us is the power of God through the gospel, running our
    lives in the light of the truth, instead of our selfishness, and not always looking out
    for the number one. Putting others first is laying down our lives for others.

Putting others first, and doing for others, are things that should be done in private,
    and public without fanfare, without drawing attention to how well we are behaving.

The eternal suffering is due to our sins in the light of God's righteousness, and
    rejecting the grace offered that we cannot earn, only accept as a gift. It most
    certainly isn't denying the danger that is before mankind when the wrath of God
    comes and all excuses are revealed for just what they are.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Nov '22 16:241 edit
    @kellyjay said

Putting others first, and doing for others, are things that should be done in private,and public without fanfare, without drawing attention to how well we are behaving.
    I’m not asking you if you are “putting others first”
    I’m not asking you to “make a fanfare”
    I’m not asking you if you are “behaving well”

What am doing is challenging your claims and assertions. I’m doing this by asking you a simple question as to wether or not you have warned your non-Christian family, friends and neighbours about the peril they are in from your version of Jesus who will burn them alive for eternity unless they repent and turn to him.

Have you?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Nov '22 16:331 edit
    @divegeester said
    I’m not asking you if you are “putting others first”
    I’m not asking you to “make a fanfare”
    I’m not asking you if you are “behaving well”

What am doing is challenging your claims and assertions. I’m doing this by asking you a simple question as to wether or not you have warned your non-Christian family, friends and neighbours about the peril they are in from your ver ...[text shortened]... ion of Jesus who will burn them alive for eternity unless they repent and turn to him.

Have you?
    Yes, I don't hide that truth from anyone.

It also isn't my version of Jesus, the truth of hell and heaven, righteousness is found
    in the scriptures. Unless you want to say that isn't true, instead of what you think is
    of more importance, where do you get your views about these topics? Do you just
    make them up on the fly or go to the Word of God, do you even believe that the
    Word of God is from God?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Nov '22 16:58
    @kellyjay said
    Yes, I don't hide that truth from anyone.
    I’m not asking you if you “hide the truth from anyone”.

I’m asking you a simple question as to wether or not you have warned your non-Christian family, friends and neighbours about the peril they are in from your version of Jesus who will burn them alive for eternity unless they repent and turn to him?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree