1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 00:231 edit
    @chaney3 said
    Good point.
    I feel the same way about the OT describing God as angry, jealous, and filled with so much wrath that destroying cities and killing all of mankind was His way dealing with creation.

I don't think that the Creator has such out of control emotions, if any emotions at all. Reading the OT is very difficult.
    You need to realize that God being good cannot tolerate evil in His creation, this
    is why the wrath of God is on us. It is only due to His mercy that we have not
    been totally wiped off the face of the earth, in addition to that because of His love
    for us, He can take sinners and turn them into the righteousness of God, even the
    worst of us can be through God's grace redeemed.

Evil is going to have a short shelf life, it is going to be limited to the temporary
    universe and all in it outside of the grace of God that is freely given will answer
    for their sins, while those who admit their faults and repent turn to the Lord
    will receive the grace and mercy of God.
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 00:47
    @divegeester said
    Checkmate. Again.
    Such a petty and insignificant "win" when compared to voluntary surrender, submission, acceptance of, and relaxation into the Light of Christ.

Romans 12:21 -- "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 03:261 edit
    @kellyjay said
    You need to realize that God being good cannot tolerate evil in His creation
    I'm not sure this is the case.

Staying within a Bibilical context, (and I'm not in a position to "know" this) maybe God tolerates evil because God can salve all the pain of the unfortunate victims throughout all space and time, and because God hopes for and would kindly welcome the return of prodigal sons and daughters and angels.

On a side note, the Spider Crystals of Arcturus occupy an interesting position in the workings-out of God's moral Cosmos, because although sentient and intelligent, it never crossed any of their individual or aggregate minds to be cruel or hurtful to anyone else.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 03:371 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    I'm not sure this is the case.

Staying within a Bibilical context, (and I'm not in a position to "know" this) maybe God tolerates evil because God can salve all the pain of the unfortunate victims and because God hopes for and would kindly welcome the return of prodigal sons and daughters and angels.
    The temporary universe we live in is the only place evil will run its course, it ends
    after the day of judgment. The trouble is that we are all caught up in it, none of us
    are free of evil's influence, it's in our very nature. God is saving as many as come
    to Him repenting and turning to Him. Not all want that, and so they get what they
    want. There are no prodigal angels, we are walking in faith, without clear knowledge
    of what is true, while the demonic knew and still rebelled, there is no redemption
    for them, and even here, we are just saved.

1 Peter 4:18
    And “If the righteous is scarcely saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?”
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 03:38
    @divegeester said
    @KellyJay

So you spend every day here instead of trying to save people from being tortured for eternity by your version of Jesus… for not loving him back.
    Turn your attention toward Christ instead of KellyJay, wholeheartedly, and perhaps you will begin to understand.
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 03:421 edit
    @kellyjay said

There are no prodigal angels
    Time out -- Wouldn't Lucifer and that third of the angels who rebelled with him against God being such a self-important, controlling bossy-pants be considered prodigal angels?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 03:52
    @kevin-eleven said
    Time out -- Wouldn't Lucifer and that third of the angels who rebelled with him against God being such a self-important, controlling bossy-pants be considered prodigal angels?
    They are fallen and there is no redemption for them, they rebelled with their
    eye wide open. When we move on from this life, we will be no different.
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 04:33
    @kellyjay said
    They are fallen and there is no redemption for them, they rebelled with their
    eye wide open. When we move on from this life, we will be no different.
    It is written that only God can forgive,
    but if we are made in the image of God
    are we not also capable of forgiveness?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 08:01
    @kevin-eleven said
    Turn your attention toward Christ instead of KellyJay
    Christ doesn’t post in here.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 08:03
    @kevin-eleven said
    Such a petty and insignificant "win" when compared to voluntary surrender, submission, acceptance of, and relaxation into the Light of Christ.

Romans 12:21 -- "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."
    Do you wish me either unhappiness or misfortune?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 08:03
    @kevin-eleven said
    Where’s that written?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 11:56
    @kevin-eleven said
    Absolutely, we are even told that if don't forgive we will not be forgiven. That said,
    there is a point that God simply lets us have our ways, turning them over to desires,
    and from there it is over. That isn't so for us, since we have been forgiven for every
    sin we have ever done we should be forgiving every sin against us, praying for those
    that do us harm.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 14:30
    @chaney3 said
    Jesus could have helped him, but didn't.

John the Baptist sent his followers to ask Jesus if he was the Messiah. The response from Jesus was to have the followers go back and tell John how Jesus is performing miracles, healing, and helping many people,,,, well, except for John the Baptist.

They were related, cousins, and Jesus let him remain in prison to get beheaded.

I'm curious about why Jesus chose to ignore John when he needed Jesus the most.
    So again, why didn't Jesus help John the Baptist?

Possible answers:

It was God's will to have John killed in the manner in which he did, beheaded.

It was God's will to save John, but He couldn't interfere with the free will of the mother and daughter who requested the head of John the Baptist.

*****I'm just a bit curious where the confidence level of prayers should be when God won't interfere with free will*****
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 14:33
    @chaney3 said
    So again, why didn't Jesus help John the Baptist?

*****I'm just a bit curious where the confidence level of prayers should be when God won't interfere with free will*****
    What makes you think that God doesn’t interfere with free will?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 14:37
    @divegeester said
    What makes you think that God doesn’t interfere with free will?
    My understanding is that if a person decides to utilize their free will to commit an act of evil, God let's it happen. He can't interfere, otherwise it's not free will.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree