1. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 19:431 edit
    http://www.freeminds.org/psychology/mind-control/a-study-of-the-persuasion-techniques-used-by-jehovahs-witnesses-and-the-watchtower.html

Selected Excerpts:

The Watchtower Society utilises manipulative techniques and environment to recruit and maintain their membership.

Members are encouraged to spend time away from secular (worldly) activities, such as higher education and unnecessary extra employment, so as to spend more time pursuing ‘kingdom’ activities (Groenveld, n.d.). The JW’s are encouraged to fellowship with other JWs and to abstain as much as possible from ‘worldly’ relationships (Sherrill, n.d.; Pay Attention to Yourselves and the Flock [PAYF], 1991:22). Interaction with the world is only through business and witnessing. In proselytising they are often verbally abused and further alienated from outside contacts.

In the WT doctrine takes precedence over people. For over thirty years JW’s were not allowed, on the threat of expulsion from the organisation and rejection of God, to receive vaccinations on the basis that it was “a direct violation of the everlasting covenant God made with Noah after the flood” (The Golden Age Magazine 4/2/1931:293). Furthermore until 1980 Jehovah’s Witnesses considered organ transplants as cannibalistic (WT 15/11/1967:702 cf. WT 15/3/1980:31). After changing its policy on both these issues, without apology or compensation to those whose lives are damaged as a result of loved ones dying, the WT still demands its followers unconditionally to abstain from blood transfusions.

The WT proclaims boldly that it is the only organisation today proclaiming the ‘Truth’, whether it be theological, psychological, medical and moral. The Watchtower asserts: “If we are to walk in the light of truth we must recognize not only Jehovah God as our Father but his organization as our mother.” (1/5/1957:274). It is taught that God is the head of the corporation, the divine One who directs the organisation (WT 1/6/1985:19). Russell, the sect’s founder boldly proclaimed “the truths I present as God’s mouthpiece” (WT 15/7/1906:3821 as quoted in Reed, 1995:77) continued similarly by the WT claiming that it is the sole channel of communication God is using today . No questioning or criticism of God’s visible organisation is allowed .

The organisation requires confession that goes beyond legal and therapeutic boundaries (Gordon, n.d.). Members are encouraged to confess nonconforming thoughts, feelings, and actions to the group as an act of self-surrender and a display of loyalty to the group’s ideals (Hassan & Das, n.d.). The confessions are accompanied with criticism and self-criticism to lead to change (CDC, n.d.).
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 19:501 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    http://www.freeminds.org/psychology/mind-control/a-study-of-the-persuasion-techniques-used-by-jehovahs-witnesses-and-the-watchtower.html

Selected Excerpts:

The Watchtower Society utilises manipulative techniques and environment to recruit and maintain their membership.

Members are encouraged to spend time away from secular (worldly) activities, suc ...[text shortened]... The confessions are accompanied with criticism and self-criticism to lead to change (CDC, n.d.).
    we love you haters!
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 19:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    we love you haters!
    Its pity not hate. We are all sorry that you cannot think clearly and that your mind is weak and unable to see that you are being manipulated.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 19:54
    we love you haters!
    NOBODY HATES YOU!!

Good grief, enough of 'persecution points' collecting man.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 19:561 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    NOBODY HATES YOU!!

Thats part of their indoctrination. If you browse through the article you will understand why Robbie and Galveston always does that.

They are taught that its JWs vs the Rest of the World
    .. Good vs Evil
    .. God vs Satan

Anyone who is not a JW is one of Satans followers.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 19:59
    NOBODY HATES YOU!!

yes but we still love you whether you hate us or not 🙂
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 20:03
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Its pity not hate. We are all sorry that you cannot think clearly and that your mind is weak and unable to see that you are being manipulated.
    i have been assimilated, resistance is futile, i have been assimilated to the collective sub conscious! resistance is futile, resistance is futile!
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 20:061 edit
    yes but we still love you whether you hate us or not 🙂
    No you don't!

You don't even know me - I could be a stinking hideously ugly one armed child molesting rapist who habitually steals old people's savings and beats up Catholics just for the lulz.

You are a sincere member of a cult and I don't love you, but I genuinely do feel sad for you.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 20:06
    i have been assimilated, resistance is futile, i have been assimilated to the collective sub conscious! resistance is futile, resistance is futile!
    Thats definitely the most truthful post you ever made.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 20:09
    No you don't!

You don't even know me - I could be a stinking hideously ugly one armed child molesting rapist who habitually steals old people's savings and beats up Catholics just for the lulz.

You are a sincere member of a cult and I don't love you, but I genuinely do feel sad for you.
    we love the whole person , not just the physical attributes,

take a look at Jehovahs witnesses the next time they are in your street, do they not look happy and content? are they not smiling? please don't feel sad for us, we love the fact that we are witnesses of the most high God, its really a wonderful privilege.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 20:19
    we love the whole person , not just the physical attributes,

take a look at Jehovahs witnesses the next time they are in your street, do they not look happy and content? are they not smiling? please don't feel sad for us, we love the fact that we are witnesses of the most high God, its really a wonderful privilege.
    Yep. Look at the other other happy people we see:

Catholics
    Hindus - they are ALL happy
    Muslims - ok, not many of them
    Mormons - these guys are REALLY happy
    Pentecostal Christians - these guys compete for happiness in a league of their own
    Witches - multi-partner sex under the full moon after a skin full of home made mead will put a smile on most people's faces
    Atheists
    Celtic fans - passionately happy
    Rangers fan - passionately happy

Point made?

If you want to convince people hold the given truth of the almighty god of the universe you need to come up with some better evidence than being happy.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 20:27
    Yep. Look at the other other happy people we see:

Catholics
    Hindus - they are ALL happy
    Muslims - ok, not many of them
    Mormons - these guys are REALLY happy
    Pentecostal Christians - these guys compete for happiness in a league of their own
    Witches - multi-partner sex under the full moon after a skin full of home made mead will put a smile on mos ...[text shortened]... he almighty god of the universe you need to come up with some better evidence than being happy.
    actually it was made in reference to our being sad. why would i want to convince anyone, if people are argumentative its time to move on.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 20:31
    actually it was made in reference to our being sad. why would i want to convince anyone, if people are argumentative its time to move on.
    NO once again - it was ME who was sad.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 20:33
    NO once again - it was ME who was sad.
    cheer up i am being booted from computer by my son 🙂
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 20:37
    cheer up i am being booted from computer by my son 🙂
    Put him on, we will get more answers from a child.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree