JW Mind Control

JW Mind Control

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
19 Sep 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Like you do? You don't even know what you believe.
LOL, ask him about the rich man and Lazarus, see what he says 🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Sep 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Int he case of Jesus they had their own centres of learning, rabbinic schools. Other Jews, as was outlined by my comments with regard to Paul, had a higher education. If you have read any of the classical philosophers you will know that the practice was that a learned or prominent individual would found a school of thought.
The different philosophical schools were not actually physical places of education. For example, the Stoic school spans many centuries in both the Greek and Roman world. It starts in Greece with Zeno in the 6th century BC but after several centuries is revived by Seneca in the 1st century AD in Rome.

There were academies and libraries. But none of these, as I said before, could appropriately described as higher education. It is a misnomer and anachronistic. Either way, it is unlikely that Jesus, a Palestinian, would have seen the issue of higher education relevant to his audience and his silence on it cannot be taken as implicit disapproval.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Sep 10

Like you do? You don't even know what you believe.
I believe in Christ, I preach his doctrine and he will reward me when he returns.
You believe in Russel, you preach his doctrine and he will reward you when he returns.

Thats fair.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 Sep 10

Higher education would still be around and alive and well... Why do you not think we have questions about our planet and our universe like anyone else? How things work, what the future will be and how to make it better? You guys forget we're humans too. We all want answers and to make things better.
Why do you not think we have questions about our planet and our universe like anyone else?

But only as long as it fits into your particular dogmatic view of scripture though. You spend most of your time trying to repell almost all evidence that we understand about the natural world. Incidentally, which is from people who have furthered their education.

What tosh you come out with sometimes.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Sep 10

Originally posted by Rajk999
I believe in Christ, I preach his doctrine and he will reward me when he returns.
You believe in Russel, you preach his doctrine and he will reward you when he returns.

Thats fair.
No that's just stupid.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Sep 10

rubbish, absolute and utter conjectural bilge water! Galvo said nothing of the sort, once again you fail to understand his intent, for example, let us take the case of war and the huge resources that are pummelled into weapons. It is estimated that one in four scientists are presently working on weapons programs, thus, if everyone was a witness you ...[text shortened]... he picture? apply this to any area, judiciary, nursing and health care and the theory is sound.
He said it right here:

As I said we do appreciate it very much and not all JW's have been JW's all their life's. Many have become JW's later in their years ans still serve society very well in positions that a higher education would allow them.

As I understand from this comment, those JWs who have pursued higher education were likely converts.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Sep 10

Higher education would still be around and alive and well... Why do you not think we have questions about our planet and our universe like anyone else? How things work, what the future will be and how to make it better? You guys forget we're humans too. We all want answers and to make things better.
How would it be around if it is discouraged? Are you saying that your policy is likely to change in the future?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Sep 10

i am well aware of what their education consisted of, nor is it a mistake to term it higher education, i do not accept your remarks, they are once again, naught but mere opinion and founded upon what! who can say?
Can you justify why you think that the classical education could be rightly called higher education? Please, do free feel free to embarrass yourself further.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Sep 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]Why do you not think we have questions about our planet and our universe like anyone else?

But only as long as it fits into your particular dogmatic view of scripture though. You spend most of your time trying to repell almost all evidence that we understand about the natural world. Incidentally, which is from people who have furthered their education.

What tosh you come out with sometimes.[/b]
Well I could say that about your thoughts too. The only things we don't believe in humans explination of the universe is when it contradicts the Bible. It's not just the JW's that do that.
And I don't repell anything. I've read everything you've ever presented to me and the proof just is not there. You see it because you want it to be there even though it's really not.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Sep 10

Originally posted by Conrau K
How would it be around if it is discouraged? Are you saying that your policy is likely to change in the future?
Your not completely reading my post either. If you guys would slow down a little and really read them you'd get the full thought that's there.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 Sep 10

Your not completely reading my post either. If you guys would slow down a little and really read them you'd get the full thought that's there.
Well how come three people, all from different parts of the world have all read your posts and come to the same conclusion? Do you think maybe the fault lies with you? Explain again then.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Sep 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Well how come three people, all from different parts of the world have all read your posts and come to the same conclusion? Do you think maybe the fault lies with you? Explain again then.
My thoughts are from the Bible. Again Jesus clearly said the "world" would hate us for standing up to them. So we are totally out numbered every where we go. Here is no different.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 Sep 10

Well I could say that about your thoughts too. The only things we don't believe in humans explination of the universe is when it contradicts the Bible. It's not just the JW's that do that.
And I don't repell anything. I've read everything you've ever presented to me and the proof just is not there. You see it because you want it to be there even though it's really not.
Ermmm, i don't have a dogmatic view of scipture so how can you say that about my thoughts? My views on the natural world fall in line with the accepted view of science, the professionals who devote their lives to studying the natural world.

I'm well aware there are many other denominations who share the JW's views, but i'm talking to you at this moment.

You repell the theory of evolution and you repell the actual history of man. Two things you repell.

I've read everything you've ever presented to me and the proof just is not there.

Go read some more. Or better yet, take some further education classes.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Sep 10

No that's just stupid.
Time will tell. Its not long again.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 Sep 10

My thoughts are from the Bible. Again Jesus clearly said the "world" would hate us for standing up to them. So we are totally out numbered every where we go. Here is no different.
What sanctimonious nonsense.

All i've taken issue with is your organistaions stance about further education, i personally find it rather distasteful. As to how 'hate' fits into it i'm not quite sure how you reached that one.