1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 07:51
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Didn't you read my one line response to divegeester?
    Well, your one line response to divegeester was BEFORE your one line response to me, in which you said you apparently stand by all your comments reproaching me for bringing up Dasa on a Dasa thread, and for talking about Suzianne's response to Dasa's OP and your response to Suzianne's response. So, now you're saying that NOT all your comments stand. Some of them do, some of them don't. I see.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 07:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, your one line response to divegeester was BEFORE your one line response to me, in which you said you apparently stand by all your comments reproaching me for bringing up Dasa on a Dasa thread, and for talking about Suzianne's response to Dasa's OP and your response to Suzianne's response. So, now you're saying that NOT all your comments stand. Some of them do, some of them don't. I see.
    So anyway, Suzianne or sumydid, why would you call Dasa the serpent? is that like the devil? and if so I have a few more questions...
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 07:552 edits
    So anyway, Suzianne or sumydid, why would you call Dasa the serpent? is that like the devil? and if so I have a few more questions...
    Why is this addressed to me? I have never compared Dasa to any animal, not a serpent, or "the devil" or anything for that matter - haven't you noticed that? It has been quite deliberate. Has it escaped your notice?

If you clicked Reply & Quote without meaning to address me, presumably you are just trying to make a gesture and wriggle out of the fact that you've just posted a load of dreary self-pitying rubbish, for post after post, based on the fact that you didn't know what the thread topic was.
  4. Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 13:391 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Dasa needs to lighten up a bit. He is way too serious about lying science
    and lying religion and animal killers who have changed the commandment
    in the Holy Bible from "Thou shall not kill" to "kill abundantly" according to
    him. He may get an ulcer if he doesn't stop worrying about the slaughter
    of animals by the meat eaters and such. He needs to hear some funky
    music and a few good jokes that will make him laugh. Got any ideas?
    Dasa didn't say that the Bible has been changed from Thou Shalt Not kill, to kill abundantly, but he did say it has been changed to Thou Shalt Not Murder. and you have mis quoted him.
    I have found from going through many of dasa postings that he has said many true things and I have also noticed nearly everyone mis-quotes what he has said.
    I am only new here but I was here last year, but anyway I looked through many of the past postings of dasa and have already seen many posts attacking him, and when I read what he has said he seems to always say something truthful.

I don't get why many posters here are attacking him when he seems to offer up valid challengers all the time and most posters I have seen cannot answer him back so they attack him, and so what if he says they are fools or something because I would do the same if everyone attacked me.

I have found this dasa person very interesting and I am going to study everything he has said because it looks interesting and because i also have a Bhagavad Gita at home and enjoy it very much I know what he is saying most of the time.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 14:341 edit
    Originally posted by poker87
    Dasa didn't say that the Bible has been changed from Thou Shalt Not kill, to kill abundantly, but he did say it has been changed to Thou Shalt Not Murder. and you have mis quoted him.
    I have found from going through many of dasa postings that he has said many true things and I have also noticed nearly everyone mis-quotes what he has said.
    I am only new her have a Bhagavad Gita at home and enjoy it very much I know what he is saying most of the time.
    I see that you are a Dasa supporter but I resent that you imply that I am
    lying. In the past, Dasa has made many statements sometimes claiming
    the Bible was either wriiten by animal killers or changed by animal killers.
    And has stated these animal killers changed "Thou shalt not kill" to "Thou
    shalt not murder" when I informed Him that the text had been mistranslated
    at first and was corrected to "Thou shall not murder."

In his first post on this thread he said the following:

"Why do you falsely teach that THOU SHALT NOT KILL means that you can slaughter millions of animals and cause them untold suffering - in the name of religion."

On a recent thread "The evidence for God", Dasa wrote,

"You are turning Thou shalt not Kill........into kill abundantly.

There is nothing you can say that will make killing animals acceptable in the eyes of God."
  6. Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 15:43
    I see that you are a Dasa supporter but I resent that you imply that I am
    lying. In the past, Dasa has made many statements sometimes claiming
    the Bible was either wriiten by animal killers or changed by animal killers.
    And has stated these animal killers changed "Thou shalt not kill" to "Thou
    shalt not murder" when I informed Him that the text had been ...[text shortened]... s nothing you can say that will make killing animals acceptable in the eyes of God."
    I am not calling anyone a liar I don't even know you but only what you write here, but I have to agree with what dasa says about meat eating even though he could say what he wants to say better.

Well I myself was a meat eater and i used to smoke pot and drink, but after I got hold of the Bhagavad Gita and read it I got spiritual myself and it changed my life, and I could suddenly see things that I could not see before.
    I didn't think about meat eating until I thought about it, and when I thought about it I could see that it was not a nice thing to kill animals and so I stopped but I read the Bhagavad Gita as well and that helped me see that animal suffering is not good to be a part of especially when I was trying to live more spiritually.

Anyway can you really trust the words from a long time ago of some Hebrew words meant murder or kill because they have had 2000yrs to get it right, and I am accepting the words from the Vedic knowledge as true these days because i have never seen any teachings that can answer all the questions that I had before.
    I tried to get answers from the Bible but I don't trust the Bible because it hasn't been around as long as the Vedas have and the Bible tells you that its ok to kill animals and I dont agree with that for a religion to do.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 17:35
    I am not calling anyone a liar I don't even know you but only what you write here, but I have to agree with what dasa says about meat eating even though he could say what he wants to say better.

Well I myself was a meat eater and i used to smoke pot and drink, but after I got hold of the Bhagavad Gita and read it I got spiritual myself and it changed my l ...[text shortened]... Bible tells you that its ok to kill animals and I dont agree with that for a religion to do.
    I do not know much about the Vedas or the Bhagavad Gita. I believe the
    Holy Bible is made up of writings of God inspired holy men over a period of
    hundreds of years. It remarkably retains the same story line as if written
    by one very knowledgeable author, who was able to make prophecies that
    came true over thousands of years and are still being fulfilled today. There
    are still phophecies yet to be fulfilled. I have never read another book of
    another religion that does the same. Since it has successfully predicted
    the future of things that have come to pass, I have no reason to doubt
    that the prophecies of still future events will also take place. This book is
    widely known about and can be obtained by about anyone of any language.

God allowed His Son to be born into flesh in order to redeem man from sin
    and eternal death as well as to testify of the true God and what He required
    of us. I think His plan of salvation is must better and more sure than all
    other plans that depend on man saving himself. This appears to be one
    thing man seems to have become not capable of doing on his own.

Dasa's idea that one must do many things to elevate his self to a higher
    spiritual state, which may take many cases of death and rebirth in different
    bodies seems futile to me, as well as ridiculous. Some things may seem
    ridiculous in the Holy Bible as well; but I have gained confidence in the
    saying that all things are possible with God.

Many parable stories are told in the Holy Bible that I don't know if they are
    true accounts of something that actually happened or if they are fictional
    and are only meant to teach a lesson. I have decided to take them as also
    factual until I have sufficient evidence to the contrary.

The above and the fact that I have been brought up as a child to be a
    Christian and therefore know more about this religion than any other is
    only a few reasons I believe in this "new book" by your standards. For to
    me how old a book is does not equate to truth in my mind. It is how
    reliable the words in the book have been in my opinion that matters.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 20:24
    I have called Dasa the serpent many, many times. From way back when he had the snake avatar. I said then that it was appropriate because of his lies about Christianity and the Bible. And yes, it's like a devil or Satan thing... he is a lying deceiver who, just like Satan, tries to convince Christians they are on the wrong path with his lies.

Like Satan, everything he says contains some truth to suck people in. Then the lies follow, but people think "well the first part was true, but I'm not sure about the other part, but I'll believe it just because the first part was true". Look at this new guy, he's been sucked in hook, line and sinker. I can't help but wonder if he was recruited by Dasa to stand up for him.

All of his claims that the Bible was written by lying men just so that they could justify meat-eating is absurd on the face of it. He denies that Christ was crucified and resurrected as payment for the sins of man. Everything in his OP in this thread he says about Christianity and the Bible is a flat-out lie. And I'm not going to be silent and justify his lies through my silence. He wants to lie about my religion, well then he can endure me in his face because of it.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 20:43
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I have called Dasa the serpent many, many times. From way back when he had the snake avatar. I said then that it was appropriate because of his lies about Christianity and the Bible. And yes, it's like a devil or Satan thing... he is a lying deceiver who, just like Satan, tries to convince Christians they are on the wrong path with his lies.

Like Sata ...[text shortened]... He wants to lie about my religion, well then he can endure me in his face because of it.
    Aye.
    It is silly of him to dismiss it (the bible)out of hand like that.

This new guy does sound suss,I'll admit.

I was just thinking that maybe Dasa is just one of Satans pawns and not Satan himself. I think Satan would disguise himself better and prolly win more influence than Dasa.
  10. Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 21:32
    I do not know much about the Vedas or the Bhagavad Gita. I believe the
    Holy Bible is made up of writings of God inspired holy men over a period of
    hundreds of years. It remarkably retains the same story line as if written
    by one very knowledgeable author, who was able to make prophecies that
    came true over thousands of years and are still being fulfill ...[text shortened]... in my mind. It is how
    reliable the words in the book have been in my opinion that matters.
    Its funny because I feel like I am in court and I am Dasas barrister or something, and I have to go into battle and defend him, and the court has just opened, and where is he anyway oh vacation. I was up late last night and was going through all of his posts and reading the spirituality threads as well and I feel that dasa and I are peas in a pod or something because I am believing nearly everything he has said.
    When I read what he is saying he does have a way with words doesn't he? but when I read his posts and the responses from the other persons as well I feel he has been framed, oh this does feel like court now.
    Well if this is court then here is my response then.
    You have said by your own words that you do not know much about the Bhagavad Gita and the Vedas and that you were brought up as a Christian as a child, and we all know that when a child is taught very young about something constantly, that they then go on to believe it as the highest truth, and being a child they do not have the intellect to question at any reasonable level, especially if they do not also have another teaching for comparison like the Vedic knowledge.
    Would a child reading the Bible and the Veda at the same time, and telling them that one religion allows us to kill animals and the other religion does not allow us to kill animals, would that child accept the killing religion or the non killing religion? because if the child only has one religion saying that it is ok to kill animals, then the child does not have any choice to accept or not accept because they are being taught by the over bearing adults and feel they must accept the killing religion without compromise from their tutors.
    What I am saying is that if you had been taught as a child from the Vedas instead of the Bible that killing is no allowed, then you would also believe that killing is not allowed in this present day, but you were not, and today you are accepting killing is right and you have been so indoctrinated that you feel if you change your mind about this, you might be going against the Lord God himself, is that right?
    The Veda was with the people a long time before the Bible, and it had many hundreds of books with exact knowledge about religion and God which is still relevant today because it teaches the highest truth, and the higher truth is to not kill animals over killing animals which the Vedas teach.
    You said it doesn't matter how old the book is but how reliable are the words, and the words that say care for the animals of God are much more reliable than the words that say do not care for the animals of God.
  11. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 21:502 edits
    That was a well-thought out, eloquent defense, counselor.

Now then. It would please the Court if you would just point us to where in Dasa's preferred sacred texts, he is commanded to treat others in a hostile, belligerent, arrogant manner, then I think that will just about wrap up this case.

I'll be standing by for exhibit 1.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 23:53
    Its funny because I feel like I am in court and I am Dasas barrister or something, and I have to go into battle and defend him, and the court has just opened, and where is he anyway oh vacation. I was up late last night and was going through all of his posts and reading the spirituality threads as well and I feel that dasa and I are peas in a pod or somethin ...[text shortened]... mals of God are much more reliable than the words that say do not care for the animals of God.
    You have read through some of the threads that Dasa started or participated in, so then you will realize that nobody has any difficulty understanding that he puts vegetarianism right at the centre of his belief system and spiritual path. Dasa isn't misunderstood on this issue at all. Indeed, most posters - I am sure - simply support his lifestyle choices and the religious underpinning that those choices have. You are a vegetarian too. There are many vegetarians here, as far as I know. There are many members of this community, however, who are not. Maybe the way forward is for everybody, including Dasa, to just accept that some people are vegetarians and some people are not vegetarians.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 07:05
    Its funny because I feel like I am in court and I am Dasas barrister or something, and I have to go into battle and defend him, and the court has just opened, and where is he anyway oh vacation. I was up late last night and was going through all of his posts and reading the spirituality threads as well and I feel that dasa and I are peas in a pod or somethin ...[text shortened]... mals of God are much more reliable than the words that say do not care for the animals of God.
    If the child was intelligent, in time he would come to understand that
    the prohibition to kill animals is irrational and logically stupid and choose
    the truth of the Holy Bible as the word of God. It is amazing to me that
    a grown man can not see this.
  14. Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 11:59
    If the child was intelligent, in time he would come to understand that
    the prohibition to kill animals is irrational and logically stupid and choose
    the truth of the Holy Bible as the word of God. It is amazing to me that
    a grown man can not see this.
    I would say its the other way around, and that it is irrational and illogical to think killing is acceptable and that not killing un-acceptable for anyone following religion, and now it seems very clear why dasa had so many problems in this forum if this sought of posting is what he had to confront. But you are not the only one to speak like this in this forum because you mirror the postings of many other persons in this forum who disagree with being peace loving and non aggressive towards the lower creatures of God. And the Bhagavad Gita is very clear about this.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 12:19
    I would say its the other way around, and that it is irrational and illogical to think killing is acceptable and that not killing un-acceptable for anyone following religion, and now it seems very clear why dasa had so many problems in this forum if this sought of posting is what he had to confront. But you are not the only one to speak like this in this for ...[text shortened]... n aggressive towards the lower creatures of God. And the Bhagavad Gita is very clear about this.
    If your religionist pitch requires you to call almost every single human who has ever lived "irrational and illogical" for eating meat, including the vast majority of people active here, I rather think that it's not going to work out well for you - assuming that you wish to persuade people or make them reflect. This community embraces a diverse range of approaches to spirituality, religion and philosophy. Insulting people has very little traction here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree