Leave it with you.

Leave it with you.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
25 Oct 11

Originally posted by poker87
I have noticed that people like to get statements from dasa and twist them
An exact quote of Dasa. Welcome back as a double account user!!

-m.

F

Moves
25 Oct 11

I have noticed that people like to get statements from dasa and twist them to meet their own particular needs, especially the need to criticize, but they cant criticize on the basis of the exact words that dasa writes, so they give his words a little twist and just enough for his comments to come out all wrong. And I have seen you being a great enthusiast to this sought of foul play..
What are you talking about? Nothing is being "twisted". You said "...it is irrational and illogical to think killing [animals] is acceptable and that not killing un-acceptable...". Almost every human who has ever lived has eaten meat. It is you who is referring to all these people as "irrational and illogical".

p

Moves
25 Oct 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
So what brought you back to this website 290 days after you played your last game of chess? How did you end up in this forum?
I do not want to discuss how, why, when of me being in this RHP. and I hope this is taken kindly.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
25 Oct 11

I do not want to discuss how, why, when of me being in this RHP. and I hope this is taken kindly.
An exact quote of Dasa. Welcome back as a double account user!!

-m.

F

Moves
25 Oct 11

I have noticed that people like to get statements from dasa and twist them to meet their own particular needs....
Well you claim to have read back through Dasa's posts. What do make of his comparisons of those people he disagrees with to cockroaches, rutting dogs, stool eating pigs, or 7 year old children with cerebral palsy, or rats, or poisonous snakes and so on and so forth? If you've read his posts you will certainly have seen these kinds of comments... "analogies" he once called them. Do you think this kind of approach is going to work on a forum as spiritually diverse as this one?

p

Moves
25 Oct 11

Originally posted by FMF
What are you talking about? Nothing is being "twisted". [b]You said "...it is irrational and illogical to think killing [animals] is acceptable and that not killing un-acceptable...". Almost every human who has ever lived has eaten meat. It is you who is referring to all these people as "irrational and illogical".[/b]
I am meaning many of the *past postings that dasa has posted up, are often twisted when someone needs to satisfy the urge to criticize, but they cant criticize on the strength of his exact words, so they twist his words just a little bit to make him sound silly and you are the main offender it seems. Sir

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
25 Oct 11

I was just curious as to why 285 days after playing your last game of chess on this website you turn up again, but not to play chess, but to start defending someone in a forum which you have never posted in your life!!

F

Moves
25 Oct 11

I am meaning many of the *past postings that dasa has posted up, are often twisted when someone needs to satisfy the urge to criticize, but they cant criticize on the strength of his exact words, so they twist his words just a little bit to make him sound silly and you are the main offender it seems. Sir
If you have spoken to Dasa you might have been told this. He says it over and over again. But no objective reading of the threads and posts over the last 18 months would support your assertion. I have been commended by many here for my patience and measured responses to Dasa. I have supported his right to believe what he wants about himself time and time again. I have supported his lifestyle choice to be a vegetarian time and time again. Have you read the threads yourself or not?

F

Moves
25 Oct 11
1 edit

I am meaning many of the *past postings that dasa has posted up, are often twisted when someone needs to satisfy the urge to criticize...
Are you disputing that Dasa compared people he disagreed with to cockroaches, rutting dogs, stool eating pigs, or 7 year old children with cerebral palsy, or rats, or poisonous snakes and so on? Are you disputing that Dasa calls almost everybody here a liar on a regular basis? How have these words of his been "twisted"? You claim to have read the threads.

p

Moves
25 Oct 11

Originally posted by FMF
Are you disputing that Dasa compared people he disagreed with to cockroaches, rutting dogs, stool eating pigs, or 7 year old children with cerebral palsy, or rats, or poisonous snakes and so on? Are you disputing that Dasa calls almost everybody here a liar on a regular basis? How have these words of his been "twisted"? You claim to have read the threads.
Those threads you have mentioned and others are the exact threads that I am referring to, and they have all been twisted by the act of deliberately asserting a different purpose to their intended meaning for which the meaning was not actually intended. I have read where he quotes about animals (dogs and cats) but these are also even quoted in the Bhagavad Gita all of the time, and are meant as analogies, and when I read them I didn't take any personal offence.
An example would be that he said human society that does not use the human birth for spiritual realization is wasted life, and those persons are like dogs and cats because dogs and cats waste their lives by eating and sleeping and fighting. So I can easily see that he is not calling anyone a cat or a dog personally, so why does everyone think he is. This is where people are twisting his words to mean something he has not intended and I have read where he has tried to explain all this as such.
#I can see it.

p

Moves
25 Oct 11
2 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I was just curious as to why 285 days after playing your last game of chess on this website you turn up again, but not to play chess, but to start defending someone in a forum which you have never posted in your life!!
I can see I will have to explain myself.
My mother knows dasa personally, and last year when dasa was talking to my mum on the phone I asked her to ask dasa if he wanted to play chess online with me. He said yes and we both joined RHP to play chess, but in the PM section we got to talking about spirituality and ended up swapping e-mail addresses and we got talking for many months by e-mail after that and I learnt many things and bought a Bhagavad Gita and stopped drinking and smoking pot thanks to dasa and the Bhagavad Gita.
Dasa was at our home about 8 years ago visiting my mum and I was just a teenager and had nothing to do with him personally except for the general hullo and see ya later because he was my mums friend and not mine. Now I am older and into spirituality I have a connection with dasa through spirituality and through our e-mail conversations in the past. I am going to dasa place next month and staying with him for a couple of days, because I have other business in Brisbane and this will be the first real relationship with dasa ever, because the last time I saw him about 8-9 years ago I was just that skate boarding teenager and he was just a visitor of my mum..
I am in the forum now because when I contacted him to ask if I could stay a couple of days he said yes and he also said I should check out RHP circus {his words) so I did and here I am. And I will defend him even if no one else does.

F

Moves
25 Oct 11

Those threads you have mentioned and others are the exact threads that I am referring to, and they have all been twisted by the act of deliberately asserting a different purpose to their intended meaning for which the meaning was not actually intended. I have read where he quotes about animals (dogs and cats) but these are also even quoted in the Bhagavad Gi ...[text shortened]... as not intended and I have read where he has tried to explain all this as such.
#I can see it.
So you condone things like the comparison of my relationship with my spouse to that of "rutting dogs" because we don't "spit at the thought of sex" and the comparison of my decision not to submit to the same religionist "authority" as Dasa to the thought processes of a 7 year old child with cerebral palsy? Surely not. I will assume not.

You see, I think you are misunderstanding something here, perhaps because you are very new to this community. Dasa does not get criticized much for what he believes about himself or for his belief in the importance of vegetarianism. He gets criticized for incessant raw personal abuse of those who have a different belief system from him. His words don't get twisted. His abuse is blatant and often vicious. When he is quoted verbatim he still claims that the words are "twisted". I don't think anyone here buys it. It is not disguised or manipulated. It's there for all to see. If you have read a cross section of threads then you will have seen it. It isn't subtle.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
25 Oct 11

My mother knows dasa personally, and last year when dasa was talking to my mum on the phone I asked her to ask dasa if he wanted to play chess online with me. He said yes and we both joined RHP to play chess, but in the PM section we got to talking about spirituality and ended up swapping e-mail addresses and we go ...[text shortened]... RHP circus {his words) so I did and here I am. And I will defend him even if no one else does.
I'll defend his good points-just like anyone elses.
To defend him blindly, (without refferring to the context of his posts and his sometimes callous remarks towards other posters), is frought with danger as he has shown himself to be inflexible on may points and come across as a real fundie.

The thing is, true spirituality (or true religon, as you guys like to put it), is not inflexible. It is not rigid and has room for more than one approach, a point that Dasa isn't willing to concede.

So I ask you, do you share the same fundie views as Dasa or can you see that their is more than one way to kill a cat.
Because , if you think the former, then you are not really understanding one of the true tennets of true religon/spirituality- which is, tolerance and diversity. It is the realization that One size does not fit all, and to say that we must all adhere to exactly the same religon is uttelry dangerous.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
25 Oct 11

My mother knows dasa personally, and last year when dasa was talking to my mum on the phone I asked her to ask dasa if he wanted to play chess online with me. He said yes and we both joined RHP to play chess, but in the PM section we got to talking about spirituality and ended up swapping e-mail addresses and we go ...[text shortened]... RHP circus {his words) so I did and here I am. And I will defend him even if no one else does.
You said you met Dasa here, on the same day you both joined. I am sure Dasa was talking to your mum 8 years ago, as you speak to us now.

Liar and deceiptful and dispicable as you can possibly become. Do not try to pull the wool over our eyes, once again.

Answer my question about the suffering of the people of Thailand will you?

-m.

F

Moves
25 Oct 11

An example would be that he said human society that does not use the human birth for spiritual realization is wasted life, and those persons are like dogs and cats because dogs and cats waste their lives by eating and sleeping and fighting.
What you're leaving out, I hope inadvertently, is the fact that Dasa then defines "spiritual realization" in a completely narrow, self-serving, self-anointed, religionist way and then abuses people for deviating or differing from it. Nobody on this forum can be said, in "spiritual" terms, to be comparable to "cockroaches" and "rats" or to be lying all the time, as Dasa claims ad infinitum. Do you think they can? I don't think you do. So why does Dasa abuse people in this way, all the time, every day, every thread, over and over? Is this really the Hare Krshna way? Dasa doesn't seem to realize that people here are not "like dogs and cats" or "stool eating hogs" but are simply drawn from a wide range of other "spiritual realizations", something Dasa refuses to accept.