Legislating morality

Legislating morality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
19 Aug 06

Originally posted by whodey
It is ironic that at the end of the Consitution it records the year of its ratification. "The seventeenth day of September in the year of our Lord, one thousand seven hundred and eighty seven." Perhaps their Lord they were referring to was Buddah or the Deist God, no?
LMAO @ your reaching.
BIG freaking deal they used the calender date.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
19 Aug 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
The idiocy of this post speaks volumes relative to your understanding (?) of history.
Yes your post does speak volumes.
If you think the declaration of independance formed the US , you are out of your mind ,silly boy, because it didn't even make us free of england, the Revoultionary War did that. And war isn't one of Christ's precepts.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
19 Aug 06

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
19 Aug 06

Originally posted by whodey
I never said Jefferson was a Christian. I thought him to be a Deist. It is no 1maurader that insists that he was a Christian. You can have Paine if you want him. I never said that Paine was a Christian. Neither did I say that ALL the Founding Fathers were Chrisitans. What I said was that 53 of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Indepedence seem to hav ...[text shortened]... s painful for some but the truth is unmistakable. You can view them to be witches if you like.
Glad you reminded me of the Pilgrims and Salem, thats a good example of Christian morality getting into politics for you.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
19 Aug 06

Originally posted by frogstomp
Yes your post does speak volumes.
If you think the declaration of independance formed the US , you are out of your mind ,silly boy, because it didn't even make us free of england, the Revoultionary War did that. And war isn't one of Christ's precepts.
If you think the declaration of independance formed the US , you are out of your mind ,silly boy, because it didn't even make us free of england, the Revoultionary War did that.
The War for Independence (mischaracterized by some as the Revolutionary War) was announced by a formal declaration. Does anybody in the class know the name of that declaration?

And war isn't one of Christ's precepts.
Your biblical ignorance is appalling. Check out any number of the Lord Jesus Christ's quotes, as well as Revelation.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
19 Aug 06

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
19 Aug 06

I'm certain that within that jumbled mess of words, a thought is dying to get out. Why not take another run at letting it see the light of day?
here's you *

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
19 Aug 06

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
19 Aug 06

I'm certain that within that jumbled mess of words, a thought is dying to get out. Why not take another run at letting it see the light of day?
you >>>> *

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
19 Aug 06

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
19 Aug 06

you >>>> *

w

Moves
20 Aug 06

Originally posted by frogstomp
Words are only words you idiot. It took men killing other men to free the country of the King of England... hey I just remembered, didnt one of those boys have a hand in having your holy book translated from Greek to English... ummm I think it's called the King James Bible.
Speaking of the British, did you know that the British blamed the Presbyterians for the Declaration? The exact quote by Horace Walpole, who was a member of Parliament, was, "I fix all the blame of these extraordinary proceedings upon the Presbyterians. They have been the chief and priciple instruments in all these flaming measures. They always do and ever will act against government from restless turbulent spirit which has always distinguished them everywhere." Another quote of his was, "Cousin America has run off with a Presbyterian parson". This particular quote was a reference to a man named John Witherspoon. He was a Presbyterian minister who singed the Declaration. From his arrival in the colonies he was enthusiastic about America and influenced many in regards to the absolutes of Christian truth, law, and liberty. Among his students include James Madison, nine cabinet officers, 21 Senators, 39 congressmen, 3 justices of the Supreme Court, 12 state governers, and 9 signers of the Declaration. John Witherspoon was a strong advocate of the Biblical doctrine of covenants between God and man. He believed that the contracts, compacts, covenants, and constitutions that were being established throughout the colonies, including the Declaration, were agreements between God and man for the glory of God and the welfare of man.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
20 Aug 06

Whodey, it seems to me that you equate law with morality. Can there be an immoral law in your view? It seems to me that this should be a paradox to you since you seem to think that law and morality are synonymous. Why are there two different words if they mean the same thing?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Aug 06
1 edit

As a public service, I'll dumb the concept down enough for you to get your grubby little mind around. Prior to the concept of the rights and sovereignty of the self, kings were considered the authority on planet earth.

Something caused that thinking to change. Something informed that impetus. Here's the question: what was the source of that information? Twenty points if you get it right on the first guess; ten if you get the answer from No1.
Christianity co-existed with the "rights of kings" with no problem whatsoever before and after 1776. What do you make of that historical fact?

EDIT: Shocking as it might seem to you, people really don't need an "impetus" to start thinking that they should be free.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Aug 06

[b]Where's a "Christian God" in there? Where's Jesus? Where's some Bible quotes?
So, in your esteemed opinion, there must be quotes from the Scriptures in order to ascertain the source of the writer's information? Get real! What else could have possibly informed the framers' writings if not the Bible!?! Your obstinance is laughable.[/b]
I understand that YOU believe that there is nothing that the human race ever did that is of any importance. So that in your view only the Bible can be any source of wisdom. Therefore, everything done that is of any value by human beings is only based on the Bible.

I won't bother to point out to a fanatic like you how ahistorical and ridiculous a viewpoint this is as regards to the founding of this country; that would be a waste of time.