1. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    24 May '13 01:06
    oh my - are you telling me robby you would be offended by a room full of lesbians?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 May '13 01:083 edits
    Originally posted by e4chris
    oh my - are you telling me robby you would be offended by a room full of lesbians?
    why are you not asleep, its 2am in the morning. It depends, if they were offensive or not. Id certainly have trouble with a room full of mirrors. 😉
  3. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    24 May '13 01:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why are you not asleep, its 2am in the morning. It depends, if they were offensive or not. Id certainly have trouble with a room full of mirrors. 😉
    I stay up late. always have. they wouldn't be offensive, why does it say 1am on here? thats odd... but yes it is late.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 May '13 08:08
    something that is considered contrary to nature. I am no more clever than the next man, i dont know why you have the impression that I am particularly clever.
    you keep pointing out how your chess score is a reflection of your intelligence, not me.

'something that is considered contrary to nature'

this isnt a description of how we decide if something is unnatural or not. does the bible give you the information so that you are able to figure out what the conditions are that make something unnatural?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 May '13 08:27
    Israel signs historic agreement w/Vatican

YouTube
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 May '13 10:25
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    you keep pointing out how your chess score is a reflection of your intelligence, not me.

[b]'something that is considered contrary to nature'

this isnt a description of how we decide if something is unnatural or not. does the bible give you the information so that you are able to figure out what the conditions are that make something unnatural?[/b]
    chess scores are not a reflection of intelligence, simply of logical thinking. I had a friend , who had a first class honours degree in mathematics from Glasgow University, at the time he was a Jehovahs Witness, yet he did not pass his ordinary standard English exams. How intelligent was he?

contrary to nature is all that the Bible states. In the passage that was cited it takes not a great leap of the imagination to deduce that Paul considered heterosexuality to be the natural state of affairs.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 May '13 10:43
    chess scores are not a reflection of intelligence, simply of logical thinking. I had a friend , who had a first class honours degree in mathematics from Glasgow University, at the time he was a Jehovahs Witness, yet he did not pass his ordinary standard English exams. How intelligent was he?

contrary to nature is all that the Bible states. In ...[text shortened]... e imagination to deduce that Paul considered heterosexuality to be the natural state of affairs.
    true, but the logic behind chess doesnt always translate to the real world. bobby fischer could hardly be described as a logical person.
    ..............................................................................

okay, so the bible gives no guidance on the criteria that results in something being unnatural. we both accept that the bible says homosexuality is unnatural.

can we, using the bible know for sure what aspects of homosexuality are unnatural?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 May '13 10:491 edit
    true, but the logic behind chess doesnt always translate to the real world. bobby fischer could hardly be described as a logical person.
    ..............................................................................

okay, so the bible gives no guidance on the criteria that results in something being unnatural. we both accept that the bible says ho ...[text shortened]... unnatural.

can we, using the bible know for sure what aspects of homosexuality are unnatural?
    oh Fischer was logical, exceptionally so. Yes its says that its unnatural.

There is no differentiation between any homosexual acts from a Biblical perspective, the practice itself is considered unnatural.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 May '13 11:05
    oh Fischer was logical, exceptionally so. Yes its says that its unnatural.

There is no differentiation between any homosexual acts from a Biblical perspective, the practice itself is considered unnatural.
    nah, he suffered from paranoia and was a holocaust denier. his logic on the board did not translate into the real world.

'there is no differentiation between homosexual acts in the bible'

does this mean that all homosexual acts are equally unnatural? so having a homosexual thought is as bad as having homosexual sex, right?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 May '13 11:092 edits
    nah, he suffered from paranoia and was a holocaust denier. his logic on the board did not translate into the real world.

'there is no differentiation between homosexual acts in the bible'

does this mean that all homosexual acts are equally unnatural? so having a homosexual thought is as bad as having homosexual sex, right?
    Yes that's exactly what it means. Thoughts are one thing actions another. The danger with thoughts is that they may lead to action and in the case of homosexual thoughts, unnatural action.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 May '13 11:121 edit
    Yes that's exactly what it means.
    so a homosexual who doesnt indulge in homosexual sex is as unnatural as a homosexual who does? right?

sorry missed your edit.

you are now saying thinking homosexual thoughts has a different value to doing homosexual things. right?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 May '13 11:272 edits
    so a homosexual who doesnt indulge in homosexual sex is as unnatural as a homosexual who does? right?

sorry missed your edit.

you are now saying thinking homosexual thoughts has a different value to doing homosexual things. right?
    I have debated this point endlessly with others, the Bible condemns the act yet it also counsels against having unwise thoughts. Acts are one thing and thoughts another, why you are seeking to make them synonymous I cannot say. You do realise that acts are one thing and thoughts another, right?

Whether the Bible considers both as unnatural i cannot sat, it only specifically mentions the act as being unnatural.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 May '13 11:442 edits
    I have debated this point endlessly with others, the Bible condemns the act yet it also counsels against having unwise thoughts. Acts are one thing and thoughts another, why you are seeking to make them synonymous I cannot say. You do realise that acts are one thing and thoughts another, right?

Whether the Bible considers both as unnatural i cannot sat, it only specifically mentions the act as being unnatural.
    are the unwise homosexual thoughts of a homosexual also unnatural?

sorry missed the edit again!!

are you saying you are unsure if homosexual thoughts are considered unnatural and that only homosexual actions are definitely unnatural?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 May '13 12:11

are you saying you are unsure if homosexual thoughts are considered unnatural and that only homosexual actions are definitely unnatural?
    Obviously, if the actions are unnatural then the thoughts that brought on the actions are also unnatural. What a numbnuts.

The Instructor
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 May '13 13:28

I am saying that the Bible does not say. It only mentions homosexual actions as being unnatural.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree