1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 16:57
    What does everyone think the so called UFO's are all about. We now have tons of film footage showing something in the sky that cannot be explained. I doubt they are ships from another planet, but could they be something of a spiritual nature ? I have no idea what they are, but the extreme and very odd movements of the objects makes me think they are not physical objects. At least they don't appear to be physical objects I know anything about. What are these things in the sky ?
  2. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 17:49
    Originally posted by buckky
    What does everyone think the so called UFO's are all about. We now have tons of film footage showing something in the sky that cannot be explained. I doubt they are ships from another planet, but could they be something of a spiritual nature ? I have no idea what they are, but the extreme and very odd movements of the objects makes me think they are not phys ...[text shortened]... don't appear to be physical objects I know anything about. What are these things in the sky ?
    “...I doubt they are ships from another planet, but could they be something of a spiritual nature ? ...”

Hang on, let me get this straight; you doubt the absurd idea that they are ships from another world but then think of the even more absurd idea that they are something of a “spiritual nature”?
  3. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 17:571 edit
    What does everyone think the so called UFO's are all about. We now have tons of film footage showing something in the sky that cannot be explained. I doubt they are ships from another planet, but could they be something of a spiritual nature ? I have no idea what they are, but the extreme and very odd movements of the objects makes me think they are not phys ...[text shortened]... don't appear to be physical objects I know anything about. What are these things in the sky ?
    I have always believed that "genuine" UFO sightings are actually top secret military aircraft experiments. And that the military actually fosters the false idea of aliens from outer space through mis-formation and aledged cover ups to keep these things secret.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 17:59
    Tons of film footage?
  5. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 18:24
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I have always believed that "genuine" UFO sightings are actually top secret military aircraft experiments. And that the military actually fosters the false idea of aliens from outer space through mis-formation and aledged cover ups to keep these things secret.
    “..I have always believed that "genuine" UFO sightings are actually top secret military aircraft experiments. ...”

Your belief is correct; I vaguely remember seeing a TV documentary that showed proof of this a few years ago.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 18:59
    What does everyone think the so called UFO's are all about.
    There are probably many explanations which fit different instances, ranging from deliberate forgery to genuine phenomena (with possible explanations).

We now have tons of film footage showing something in the sky that cannot be explained.
    Where is it? Is it any good or is it the age old blurry spot type footage?

I doubt they are ships from another planet, but could they be something of a spiritual nature ?
    As already pointed out by Andrew, just because you don't know what something is, is no reason to start jumping to fantastical conclusions. Only when you have exhausted all naturalistic explanations should you start considering others, but even then I am skeptical that that it is a reasonable path to take without good reason. Considering that every single strange phenomena we have ever investigated and found an explanation for has been either human made or entirely natural, one would think that those should remain by far the most likely until proven otherwise.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 20:521 edit
    There are trillions of planets, and there are advanced societies throughout the cosmos, and details of extraterrestrial flight can be found in the Vedas.

UFO,s are definitely advanced flying craft from other planets (of a spiritual nature)....because there is life everywhere.

By examining one of the most remarkable bodies of literature ever produced, the Vedas, it reveals without a doubt that the modern experience of apparent confrontation with technologically advanced civilizations are part of a very, very, old process.

It challenges glib assumptions about the novelty of modern reports by showing that many flight characteristics and to an extent even the appearance of vimana aircraft described in the Vedic literature parallel modern UFO descriptions. What is most remarkable about the ancient descriptions, of course, is that they emerge out of a cultural context that was apparently many generations away from flight of any kind, powered or not. In this sense, they represent at the least a seminal act of imagination of staggering originality. There are no other places in ancient literature where instruments of technology are described in such detail, and where powered flight is discussed in any detail.

The most famous myth of flight outside the Vedic literature is typical of the genre: the Greek hero Icarus flies too close to the sun on bird's wings constructed out of wax and feathers. In other words, the imaginary instrument of flight closely parallels the observable world.

What is so very remarkable about vimana aircraft is that they are in no way imaginary outcomes of available observation. They are apparent imaginings of a type of technology that does not exist in nature and could not be derived in any way from observation of the natural world. During that period, there were only three means of locomotion available to man: the horse, the sail, and his own body. Birds could be observed on the wing.

However, the Vedic literature contains a staggering array of apparently imaginary technologies--many of which are clearly viable by modern standards. Some, such as missiles that are sensitive to sound, are actually in modern use.

Then there are the parallels between Vedic texts and the modern reports of UFO phenomena. Some of these parallels may be derived from modern Theosophy, which drew on the Vedas. But there is a richly detailed body of Vedic experience that shadows the modern UFO phenomena and the abduction experience in such odd and subtle ways that it cannot be a matter of simple derivation.

For example, the whole structure of the Vedic universe is built around the concept of there being numerous planets that are all at different levels of spiritual and intellectual development, and that these planets are arranged hierarchically, so that the lower ones have only the faintest access to the higher, while the higher can observe the lower at will.

Above the highest material planets there is the spiritual effulgence of Brahman and the supreme Vaikuntha planets of Vishnu. The Vedas discuss these matters in detail, but it turns out that Brahman plays an important but generally unrecognized role in the UFO phenomenon. In fact, some of the clearest and most vivid descriptions of Brahman have been made by modern UFO witnesses, to the extent that the witness experience is potentially one of the most direct approaches to this level of being that we possess. "Words cannot explain it. It's wonderful. It's for everybody. I just can't explain this. I understand that everything is one. Everything fits to together. It's beautiful!" This was said by Betty Luca, in describing what was beyond the door that so many UFO witnesses have faced.

From the book Alien Identities by Richard L Thompson.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 21:181 edit
    Well the Bible does not give any indication that there is life on other planets but it does lean somewhat that we could very well be the first creations of our kind because of the wording in Gen 1:26. It does not give the thought that we are the second or third, etc, of our kind.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 21:34
    It's just the flying spigot monster.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 21:48
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    There are trillions of planets, and there are advanced societies throughout the cosmos, and details of extraterrestrial flight can be found in the Vedas.

UFO,s are definitely advanced flying craft from other planets (of a spiritual nature)....because there is life everywhere.

By examining one of the most remarkable bodies of literature ever produc ...[text shortened]... o many UFO witnesses have faced.

From the book Alien Identities by Richard L Thompson.
    Crap. Blah blah. Crap.

What is so disconcerting to me is that there are so many people claiming to have seen this stuff.

We have all seen trees, and birds, and everything else, and we all know there are trees, and birds, and everything else.

But we all haven't seen sht flying around in the sky. After all these millions of years there are no universally recognised sightings or contact with anyone from out there in space. After all these thousands of years of recorded human history, there is no hard record of any race of beings coming from out there interacting with us.

But we all see the trees.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 22:25
    Originally posted by josephw
    Crap. Blah blah. Crap.

What is so disconcerting to me is that there are so many people claiming to have seen this stuff.

We have all seen trees, and birds, and everything else, and we all know there are trees, and birds, and everything else.

But we all haven't seen sht flying around in the sky. After all these millions of years there are no universa ...[text shortened]... of any race of beings coming from out there interacting with us.

But we all see the trees.
    There are universally recognized sightings,......wake up and catch up with the world.

Even without universally recognized sightings.......extra-terrestrial flying craft are real because the Vedas acknowledge them, and the Vedas are the authority, not your tiny brain.

Your perception of life is not much more than an ant.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 22:32
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well the Bible does not give any indication that there is life on other planets but it does lean somewhat that we could very well be the first creations of our kind because of the wording in Gen 1:26. It does not give the thought that we are the second or third, etc, of our kind.
    The Bible is not the authority, so how could it mention anything about extra-terrestrial flying craft....the Bible is wrong on many counts, because it was compiled by mundane unenlightened persons, and if you accept the Bible as the first and last word on the spiritual, you will be misdirected about many things, for instance we are not the first creatures to be created, as you have mentioned.....but we are eternal and have taken birth millions of times in many different yugas (ages) and there is life everywhere in the cosmos.
  13. e4
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 22:34
    So let me get this straight.

The Vedas spend millions and millions of Vedas dollars ever year
    to travel 100 light years across space to just scare some bored fat bloke
    who is sitting in his car.

I like these Vedas. My kind of people.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 22:382 edits
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    So let me get this straight.

The Vedas spend millions and millions of Vedas dollars ever year
    to travel 100 light years across space to just scare some bored fat bloke
    who is sitting in his car.

I like these Vedas. My kind of people.
    Heavenly aircraft can travel at half the speed of light almost, and where they come from is the upper planetary system, where the heavenly planets are. (very advanced)
  15. e4
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 22:56
    They cannot be very advanced if they travel at only half the speed of light.

That's so slow.
    The Muggrins can travel at four times the speed of light,
    that is why you never see them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree