Lights in the sky

Lights in the sky

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
12 Dec 10

Originally posted by John W Booth
I know vanity can be a hard thing to wrestle with, but has it ever occurred to you that the teachings of Vedanta Sutra might have more appeal and traction if you didn't post here and if people learnt about the teachings in some other way or from someone else?
Yes your right....and my visits to this forum, to to expose false teachings will soon come to an end.....because

It has been difficult finding any honest people in this forum to discuss with....most play mind games to create conflict for their amusement.

JWB

Moves
12 Dec 10
2 edits

Originally posted by vishvahetu
Yes your right....and my visits to this forum, to to expose false teachings will soon come to an end..
I honestly believe this will be in the best interests of the teachings of Vedanta Sutra. Your constant stream of assertions backed up with constant accusations of dishonesty aimed at those who disgaree with you, in the 'discussions' you claim to want, amount to little more than mind games on your part.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
12 Dec 10

I honestly believe this will be in the best interests of the teachings of Vedanta Sutra. Your constant stream of assertions backed up with constant accusations of dishonesty aimed at those who disgaree with you, in the 'discussions' you claim to want, amount to little more than mind games on your part.
You see you are doing it yourself, making dishonest assertions.

If you are disagreeable with something I have presented, then bring it up and tell me why you are disagreeable....but what would be your reference point?

Would your reference be your personal speculations based on your feelings of the matter, or would your assertions be based on the truth of the matter.

JWB

Moves
12 Dec 10

You see you are doing it yourself, making dishonest assertions.
You said you were going to stop posting. Are these final poisonous messages 'spiritual' in nature or products of your vanity?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Dec 10

Yes I see your point......but when I was in this forum for a short while, i experienced certain persons, who would blatantly reject common sense and simple truth, just to make some baseless argument.

In other words they put forward all manner of senseless arguments just to create conflict, so no ribbons and bows for them, just the raw truth.

Remembe ...[text shortened]... not designed properly, so you see what level some people come down to, just to make conflict.
Paitence,young padwan,patience.
Its not a race.
I see your points but do you need to lower yourself to their silly arguments?

JWB

Moves
12 Dec 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Paitence,young padwan,patience.
Its not a race.
I see your points but do you need to lower yourself to their silly arguments?
He's promised to stop posting. Let him go.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
12 Dec 10

You said you were going to stop posting. Are these final poisonous messages 'spiritual' in nature or products of your vanity?
The poison is coming from the false teachings of atheistic science and false religion....do you agree?

Do you accept the false teachings of Christianity that at the end of this life you will burn in hell if you are not a Christian....I dont.

or

Do you accept that we are all random accidents like science is telling us....I dont.

So here is the poison.

What do you actually stand for, because you have not been clear and disclosed your truth.

Do you know truth.

If you dont know truth, then how can you judge me?

JWB

Moves
12 Dec 10

The poison is coming from the false teachings of atheistic science and false religion....do you agree?

Do you accept the false teachings of Christianity that at the end of this life you will burn in hell if you are not a Christian....I dont.

or

Do you accept that we are all random accidents like science is telling us....I dont.

So here is the ...[text shortened]... isclosed your truth.

Do you know truth.

If you dont know truth, then how can you judge me?
Disagreement is not "dishonesty", vishvahetu, especially not when talking about metaphysical speculation. You claim to have a monopoly on 'the truth'. Alas, this claim hasn't worked out for you on this forum and you have resorted to abuse and self-pity. You yourself have concluded it is time to stop posting. Your instincts are right.

JWB

Moves
12 Dec 10
1 edit

What do you actually stand for, because you have not been clear and disclosed your truth. Do you know truth.
Do I know "truth"? Yes.

You said this recently: "if [my children] died tomorrow, it wouldn't upset me the slightest". I believe this is a true statement.

My children dying tomorrow is perhaps the worst thing that could happen to me. This statement of mine is true.

You said this recently: [I "don't care" if my children die in a nuclear holocaust] "...because if everyone was to be incinerated this second, we would only take birth again somewhere else on a different planet, in a different universe" and you added that the fact that you and everyone else would die as well is what makes your children dying OK.

Your statement that you "don't care" is true. I have no reason to doubt it.

This statement: "[We] take birth again somewhere else on a different planet, in a different universe" is an opinion. It is your opinion. I have no reason to believe it is true. Therefore it is not a "truth".

It doesn't matter how many times you insist that it is "true", and no matter how many times you insist that those who don't think it is "true", or have no reason to think it is "true", are 'dishonest, mad, corrupt', it simply does not change the fact that it is your "opinion" and not a "truth".

Your approach - your claims to know "the truth" and your claims that those who disagree with you are "dishonest" - has not been particularly successful on this Forum. Your intention to stop posting strikes me as a good idea.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
12 Dec 10

Do I know "truth"? Yes.

You said this recently: [b]"if [my children] died tomorrow, it wouldn't upset me the slightest"
. I believe this is a true statement.

My children dying tomorrow is perhaps the worst thing that could happen to me. This statement of mine is true.

You said this recently: [I "don't care" if my children die in a nuclear h ...[text shortened]... um. Your intention to stop posting strikes me as a good idea.[/b]
Where not talking about relative truth, where talking about absolute truth, and you have not responded to this truth.

You twist my words to mean something I am not saying....this is your dishonesty.

You keep saying my opinion.....but I have no opinion, because opinion has no place in the spiritual life, because the spiritual life is about absolute truth not opinion.

All knowledge that I have is supported by the Vedanta Sutra, which is the spiritual authority on subjects that are beyond the scope of the mind and sense to know.

If you reject the authority of the Vedas, then there is no authority at all.

The Vedas are eternal and come to mankind at the beginning of every creation.

If you reject, then on what basis will you reject.

You have no basis to reject....except your whim. (and that itself is dishonest)

JWB

Moves
12 Dec 10

Where not talking about relative truth, where talking about absolute truth, and you have not responded to this truth.

You twist my words to mean something I am not saying....this is your dishonesty.

You keep saying my opinion.....but I have no opinion, because opinion has no place in the spiritual life, because the spiritual life is about absolute t ...[text shortened]... you reject.

You have no basis to reject....except your whim. (and that itself is dishonest)
Yes. Yes. You assert that your opinions/hopes/speculations are "the absolute truth". What others say - if they conflict with your opinions - you reject as "false". This is what you present and assert over and over and over again on this Forum. You have made your beliefs clear. Absolutely clear.

And you have now decided to stop posting because you believe that people are "dishonest" here. Anyone who says 'but they are not being dishonest' you accuse of being dishonest. So your contribution here has disintegrated into a kind of relentless abuse of those who disagree with you (alongside vast amounts of cut and pasted material).

As for me I agree that it is a good idea for you stop posting, if that is what you choose to do, as your work here seems to be done.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
12 Dec 10

Yes. Yes. You assert that your opinions/hopes/speculations are "the absolute truth". What others say - if they conflict with your opinions - you reject as "false". This is what you present and assert over and over and over again on this Forum. You have made your beliefs clear. Absolutely clear.

And you have now decided to stop posting because you be ...[text shortened]... you stop posting, if that is what you choose to do, as your work here seems to be done.
No relentless abuse at all, unless you think that my exposing false teachings is wrong.

Do you think that false teachings should go unchallenged.

Are people who present false teachings dishonest.

Have you seen the world lately, and all the corruption and war and racism and poverty, which are caused directly by all these false teachings.

People dont know what truth is.

It is either that we are random accidents, or that we will all go to hell if we dont subscribe to Islam or Christianity.

Should I not speak out against that.

JWB

Moves
12 Dec 10

No relentless abuse at all, unless you think that my exposing false teachings is wrong.

Have you seen the world lately, and all the corruption and war and racism and poverty, which are caused directly by all these false teachings.

People ...[text shortened]... o to hell if we dont subscribe to Islam or Christianity.

The word "false" is crux of it. The way you use it precludes any discussion which is quite obviously your aim. And having done that for months - having demonstrated your certainty and your rejection of anyone or anything that disagrees with you and the fruits of your metaphysical speculation - I think you are now right to bring your posting to an end, as you you have stated you plan to.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
12 Dec 10
1 edit

People ...[text shortened]... o to hell if we dont subscribe to Islam or Christianity.

No relentless abuse at all...
No, he's right, your abuse is relentless, you expose nothing but your own ignorant prejudices.

Do you think that false teachings should go unchallenged
Most people have stopped (out of sheer boredom) challenging your false teachings haven't they?

Only those that present them as absolute truth or fact when they're clearly not. So you, for example, are dishonest.

People dont know what truth is.
You don't know what the truth is.

No, you should shut your face and learn some humility. You taint whatever wisdom is to be found in vedic scripture with your mulishly arrogant proselytization

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
12 Dec 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
[b]No relentless abuse at all...
No, he's right, your abuse is relentless, you expose nothing but your own ignorant prejudices.

Do you think that false teachings should go unchallenged
Most people have stopped (out of sheer boredom) challenging your false teachings haven't they?

Are people who present false teachings dishonest.[ ...[text shortened]... hatever wisdom is to be found in vedic scripture with your mulishly arrogant proselytization
Says the person who accepts false theories of evolution.

Why dont you educate yourself in the truth of the matter, instead of just blindly accepting false information about the origins of life, and allowing children to be mislead towards the dishonest madness disease of atheism.

You haver been informed of " Forbidden Archeology" so you can easily bring yourself up to speed with the truth.