1. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 09:04
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    What are you talking about, theres no lie.......the speed of light is there, and its more accurate than the scientific calculation.

Science says its 186.283.397 miles per second, but thats in space, and they have an error factor.
    The Vedas say 186.556 miles per second, and thats probably the true speed.

But light travels differently in different ci ...[text shortened]... lt, to support your silly atheism......but you cant find fault (and its your brain thats faulty)
    So when your GPS says 'stop here', you carry on a few miles because you know that the lying cheating silly atheist scientists have it wrong and your vedas calculation is correct.
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 10:141 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Humans have great potential to overcome their problems. Thats why "God" sent the best. "He" sent us!!
    Yes, we are here to usher in a new world, while at the same time developping our own Zen.
    1. Senses are imperfect, but once one realizes that, then one can continue with the perfect knowledge that his/her senses are imperfect.
    2. Breaking throught i b ,Agerg, beetle,etc,etc.have never shown the slightest propensitiy to DELIBERATELY cheat.
    Potential is one thing, but you have to turn this potential into actually living the spiritual life, and not dream about it.

Focusing on the positive means living the spiritual life.....the spiritual life "is" the positive life,

The materialistic life is the negative life

Killing animals is negative, intoxication is negative, chasing whores is negative, worshiping sports persons is negative.

And the problems are overcome by engaging in the spiritual life, because you will then stop the real problem of repeated birth and death.

Making mistakes is a propensity of humans, all humans.......and mistakes are when humans speculate (like the atheists and scientists)
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 15:451 edit
    For your information,.... because I couldn't be bothered to work it out, I pulled that figure from thin air (i ft in 30-40) to make a point........but you went and calculated it (the mathematician you are)

I dont care about this stuff, I only put it out there to make a point.......but most dont care about the point, they care more about doing maths.
    Your point was neither valid nor correct; again (for the points you make after this), we've established that using the Vedas value for the speed of light is a bad idea, your holy book isn't perfect :]
  4. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 16:35
    What are you talking about, theres no lie.......the speed of light is there, and its more accurate than the scientific calculation.

Science says its 186.283.397 miles per second, but thats in space, and they have an error factor.
    The Vedas say 186.556 miles per second, and thats probably the true speed.

But light travels differently in different ci ...[text shortened]... lt, to support your silly atheism......but you cant find fault (and its your brain thats faulty)
    “...But light travels differently in different circumstances. ...”

Actually, measurements show it travels at different speeds in different mediums.
    In a vacuum it travels at the same speed for all observers and of a speed of approximately 186,28 miles per second.

“...The Vedas say 186.556 miles per second ...”

-then that proves Vedas wrong. The most accurate measurements of the speed of light show by an extremely clear margin of error could not possibly be more than, say, 186,29 miles per second in a vacuum and the speed is always less than that in air or water or any other non-vacuum and so measurements prove it couldn't be, say, 186.556 miles per second in ANY medium. If this was wrong then GPS would be sending international passenger aircraft liners crashing to the ground and many other technologies that depend on having the correct c value wouldn't work properly.

So how does Vedas explain why GPS etc works despite having the wrong c value and also why does none of the most accurate measurements show that c could possibly be as high as 186.556 miles per second in vacuum, air, water or any other medium? Are all those clever scientists (some of whom are theists, so don't give us any “its an atheist conspiracy” crap) that know and understand a lot more than you or I will ever know about these things that measure and observe and record c to be definitely less than 186.556 miles per second just “cheating” and “dumb asses” etc? Or are they simply right and Vedas is simply wrong? Answer, Vedas is proven wrong.
  5. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 17:272 edits
    Because your questions are of the baiting nature.....you can look it up yourself.
    But I can't because, as I already said in my last post before that one; “please don't say “look it up for yourself” because obviously we don't know where to look “. And “we” includes “me”. So, back to my question;

Can you give us a specific example of another planet with its coordinates in the cosmos that, according to Vedas, has an advanced society?

Perhaps the reason why you don't tell us is because, if you did, we can point out some really obvious flaw in the Vedas claim? ( just as the obvious flaw in the Vedas claim that c is 186.556 miles per second -which is clearly false) -I challenge you to prove us wrong!
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 06:03
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    But I can't because, as I already said in my last post before that one; “please don't say “look it up for yourself” because obviously we don't know where to look “. And “we” includes “me”. So, back to my question;

Can you give us a specific example of another planet with its coordinates in the cosmos that, according to Vedas, has an advanced socie ...[text shortened]... t c is 186.556 miles per second -which is clearly false) -I challenge you to prove us wrong!
    Iam not playing your stupid mind game...you come to the forum because your puffed up atheistic brain, actually believes that life is an accident, and for your amusement you mock anyone who doesn't agree with that absurd belief.

Anyone who thinks life is an accident, has got the madness disease, and cant be rationed with
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 07:00
    Anyone who thinks life is an accident, has got the madness disease, and cant be rationed with
    What are you doing in this forum? You obviously believe that everyone but yourself has the 'madness disease' and cant be rationed with, so why are you trying?
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 07:05
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    “...But light travels differently in different circumstances. ...”

Actually, measurements show it travels at different speeds in different mediums.
    In a vacuum it travels at the same speed for all observers and of a speed of approximately 186,28 miles per second.

“...The Vedas say 186.556 miles per second ...”

-then that proves Vedas wrong ...[text shortened]... s” etc? Or are they simply right and Vedas is simply wrong? Answer, Vedas is proven wrong.
    Let's concentrate of the very true statement: "Vedas is proven wrong."
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 10:28
    Potential is one thing, but you have to turn this potential into actually living the spiritual life, and not dream about it.

Focusing on the positive means living the spiritual life.....the spiritual life "is" the positive life,

The materialistic life is the negative life

Killing animals is negative, intoxication is negative, chasing whores is n ...[text shortened]... ns, all humans.......and mistakes are when humans speculate (like the atheists and scientists)
    'Negative' appears five times in your post .
    Do you not have a more positive angle for presenting your "truth", or are you just telling us about the cold hard facts about reality?

P.S. I am quite warming to your posts here...I dont like your style, but hey, you probably dont like mine either.
    So when you say something like "chasing whores" , I have to smile. And while I know where you are coming from , I really dont think your point is coming across very well... oh well. You are making an effort. Cheers big ears!!
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '10 04:212 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    'Negative' appears five times in your post .
    Do you not have a more positive angle for presenting your "truth", or are you just telling us about the cold hard facts about reality?

P.S. I am quite warming to your posts here...I dont like your style, but hey, you probably dont like mine either.
    So when you say something like "chasing whores" , ...[text shortened]... r point is coming across very well... oh well. You are making an effort. Cheers big ears!!
    When you go to the doctor and he sits you down and tells you, that you have cancer and have about six months to live.............is he being negative or positive?

Or is he just telling it as it is.

Spiritual life is about getting out of illusion, and developing loving sentiments for the Lord.......and telling it as it is, and to do this the truth of living in this world has to be put on the table and examined, so that a person knows what is acceptable, and what is not.
  11. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    30 Nov '10 04:45
    When you go to the doctor and he sits you down and tells you, that you have cancer and have about six months to live.............is he being negative or positive? Or is he just telling it as it is.
    Are you claiming to be a doctor of some kind?
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Nov '10 07:57
    When you go to the doctor and he sits you down and tells you, that you have cancer and have about six months to live.............is he being negative or positive?

Or is he just telling it as it is.

Spiritual life is about getting out of illusion, and developing loving sentiments for the Lord.......and telling it as it is, and to do this the truth ...[text shortened]... to be put on the table and examined, so that a person knows what is acceptable, and what is not.
    The metaphorical doctor in this case went to work having had only 1 hour of sleep in 72, picking up his wife's glasses instead of his own, reading the patient notes for a different person (of opposite gender and clearly different age bracket) and giving the wrong diagnosis anyway.

Btw, I remind you we've established your vedas aren't perfect :]
  13. England
    Moves
    30 Nov '10 11:09
    we are all aliens, we were from a planet that was in danger and sent forth to keep our mankind going. the ships we see are from our planet transporting info about how we are doing.
  14. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    30 Nov '10 12:47
    Originally posted by stoker
    we are all aliens, we were from a planet that was in danger and sent forth to keep our mankind going. the ships we see are from our planet transporting info about how we are doing.
    We are only part alien and it is their mankind which needs to survive.
  15. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '10 18:521 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Let's concentrate of the very true statement: "Vedas is proven wrong."
    Yes, you are right. Vedas is proven wrong because it got the speed of light wrong (and probably also proven wrong because of lots of other reasons). I guess vishvahetu will never acknowledge this fact.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree