1. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 16:214 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    [quote] we love Jesus enough to carry out the work of evangelising and declaring abroad the King of Gods Kingdom while you hide your talent under the ground. I can hear you now, 'here master take what is yours, i deposited it with the bankers so that you may get some interest.'

You like to talk the talk but we are the only ones that are walking the walk. ...[text shortened]... t to God his own work.

Have you presented YOU yourself to the Lord Jesus if you love Jesus?
    Paul himself states, who will get ready for battle if the trumpet sounds an indistinct sound. How will they put faith in him who they have not heard, How will they hear unless someone has been sent forth? look how comely are the feet of those declaring good things of good things. One of my favourite scriptures, which Jesus himself directly quotes from.

The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me, Because Jehovah anointed me to declare good news to the meek. He sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And the wide opening of the eyes to the prisoners, To proclaim the year of Jehovah’s goodwill And the day of vengeance of our God,To comfort all who mourn. . .Isaiah 61:3

This is the work of the Lord. To help people apply Biblical truth in their life. This is not a dead work, it lives and has efficacy for really helping people cope with all manner of ills. I am never ashamed of the Good News which God has entrusted to me.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 16:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    thats very interesting GBS.
    Why thanks robbie. Sometimes I think that the "conversations" that go on here are a bit like my experience...induced by some chemical or other.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 16:582 edits
    Paul himself states, who will get ready for battle if the trumpet sounds an indistinct sound. How will they put faith in him who they have not heard, How will they hear unless someone has been sent forth? look how comely are the feet of those declaring good things of good things. One of my favourite scriptures, which Jesus himself directly quotes from.

He .... WANTS .... YOU. I think your philosophy is that God wants primarily what you can give and do. He wants YOU through the love of Jesus.

The simplicity of it alludes many. He wants not what you can do or work. Do not presume to come before God to present to God your WORK for God.

Not before He obtains you yourself.
    The way to offer God you yourself is to turn your heart over to the Lord Jesus.

But if you are busy thinking you are doing Jehovah a favor by putting down Jesus as an archangel so that you can "help" the Father be higher, you are being deceived.

He came in Jesus and wants ME first.
    You can work a lot of things you think are for God but not turn over your heart to God.

Dan Barker is the leader of a group called Freedom From Religion. And Michael Shermer is the president of a publicaion called "The Sceptic" Magazine.

Both are disgruntled and imbittered "workers" from Christianity. They worked and labored FOR GOD. One day for some reason they realized that God was not real to them in spite of all their dutiful working for God.

You can be filled with a lot of natural energy and natural zeal too.
    God wants US. He wants out hearts.

The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me, Because Jehovah anointed me to declare good news to the meek. He sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And the wide opening of the eyes to the prisoners, To proclaim the year of Jehovah’s goodwill And the day of vengeance of our God,To comfort all who mourn. . .Isaiah 61:3

This is the work of the Lord. To help people apply Biblical truth in their life. This is not a dead work, it lives and has efficacy for really helping people cope with all manner of ills. I am never ashamed of the Good News which God has entrusted to me.

This Christian hymn speaks to me. I share it with you too -

"Once it was the blessing.
    Now it is the Lord;
    Once it was the feeling,
    Now it is His Word.
    Once the gift I wanted,
    Now the Giver own;
    Once I sought for healing,
    Now Himself alone.

Chorus:

All in all forever,
    Only Christ I'll sing.
    Everything is in Christ,
    And Christ is everything.

Once was painful trying,
    Now tis perfect trust;
    Once a half salvation,
    Now the uttermost;
    Once twas ceaseless holding,
    Now He holds me fast;
    Once was constant drifting.
    Now my anchor's cast.

Once twas busy planning,
    Now tis trustful prayer;
    Once twas anxious caring,
    Now He has the care;
    Once twas what I wanted,
    Now what Jesus says;
    Once twas constant asking,
    Now tis ceaseless praise.

Once it was my working.
    His it hence shall be;
    Once I tried to use Him,
    Now He uses me'
    Once the pow'r I wanted.
    Now the Mighty One;
    Once for self I labored,
    Now for Him alone.

Chorus:

All in all forever,
    Only Christ I'll sing.
    Everything is in Christ,

Once I hoped in Jesus,
    Now I know He's mine;
    Once my lamps were dying,
    Now they brightly shine;
    Once for death I waited,
    Now His coming hail;
    And my hope is anchored
    Safe within the veil.

Chorus:

All in all forever,
    Only Christ I'll sing.
    Everything is in Christ,

Hymn #513, Living Stream Ministry Hymns
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 17:39
    How's that King Rat ?

I am mentally challenged for realizing that the love of Christ is too valuable and too precious to tread under my feet ?

No, King Rat. This is not being challenged mentally. This is the best possible use of my human mind that I could have - to acknowledge to love of God in Jesus Christ for me and surrender to Him.

What ...[text shortened]... world is passing away. It is all going to burn. But he who does the will of God abides forever.
    It is all going to burn. But he who does the will of God abides forever.

If God removed the prize of eternity, everybody dies and is gone forever. Would you still love and pray to God
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 17:401 edit
    can you define what you mean by 'heart'?

By [b]heart
    I mean three parts of the human soul and one part of the human spirit -

The mind, the emotion, the will (as three parts of the soul) plus the conscience (one part of the spirit). These four components form the heart in biblical terms.

Your heart ...[text shortened]... actually.
    Jesus is AVAILABLE.

The Tripartite man - http://www.tripartiteman.org/[/b]
    'The mind, the emotion'

Are the mind and emotions not physical things?
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 17:45
    ok, who hard can it be?

the complete inner man, the person you are inside, who you are.
    the seat of motivation - what motivates you, your aspirations.

Seemple
    Is there any other person other than the person 'inside'?
  7. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 18:201 edit
    The latest Antiques Road Show, needs renovation, not very valuable as there are so many of them, may have some sentimental value to collectors.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 21:00
    Originally posted by josephw
    I see God everywhere all the time. I hear God all the time.

On God's terms. According as how God has determined it to be. In the way as how God has caused it to happen.

Say I'm delusional, but you know the truth is you just don't want to believe it!
    And he told me just the other day that he would just love to hear from stellspalfie. He said he has some Good News he'd like to share with him.

😀
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 21:03
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    [b]'The mind, the emotion'

Are the mind and emotions not physical things?[/b]
    Surely the 'mind' of God is not physical? And we know from the Bible that he has emotions.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 21:03
    Paul himself states, who will get ready for battle if the trumpet sounds an indistinct sound. How will they put faith in him who they have not heard, How will they hear unless someone has been sent forth? look how comely are the feet of those declaring good things of good things. One of my favourite scriptures, which Jesus himself directly quotes fro ...[text shortened]... s in Christ,

Hymn #513, Living Stream Ministry Hymns
    [/b]
    more its all about me and my personal salvation jive talk. Christianity was always about helping other people, how you could miss this, is really quite beyond me.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 21:05
    Is there any other person other than the person 'inside'?
    Now you're getting it. 😉
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 21:11
    more its all about me and my personal salvation jive talk. Christianity was always about helping other people, how you could miss this, is really quite beyond me.
    Yes, Christianity is about many things, most of which you run over quite handily with your little 'karma dogma'.

How you miss all you miss is beyond me, too, but you'll 'get it' eventually. 🙂

Or not. 🙁
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 21:151 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yes, Christianity is about many things, most of which you run over quite handily with your little 'karma dogma'.

How you miss all you miss is beyond me, too, but you'll 'get it' eventually. 🙂

Or not. 🙁
    sup suzzi? you bake any fairy cakes today?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 21:181 edit
    [b] It is all going to burn. But he who does the will of God abides forever.

If God removed the prize of eternity, everybody dies and is gone forever. Would you still love and pray to God[/b]
    It is far less a "prize" than a 'promise'.

And God does not renege on His promises.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." -- John 3:16-17, KJV

He made us this promise because He loves us, "that the world through him might be saved."

It's a promise, not a prize.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '15 21:231 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It is far less a "prize" than a 'promise'.

And God does not renege on His promises.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." -- John 3:16-17 ...[text shortened]... He loves us, "that the world through him might be saved."

It's a promise, not a prize.
    you have a tendency to make the spirituality forum all pink and fluffy. Like chess for girls with strawberry smelling pieces and a queen whose hair you can braid.😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree