Lying is always bad - why???

Lying is always bad - why???

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
26 Jan 11
8 edits

Originally posted by Agerg
There are many ideas to which fundamentalists subscribe that cannot be seen (by myself at least) as anything short of absurd - this is one of them! It also crops up in other discussions and so I wanted to use this thread as a point of reference in those. Unfortunately, it has been somewhat soiled by Robbie's racism (towards yourself), religious bigotry, and bl tion!) - whether I'm wrong or otherwise, fundamentalism is a very dangerous thing in my view!
My views are based on the fact that despite what you and others have invented, and lets be clear about it, INVENTED, stupid and contrived scenarios, which i refuse to acknowledge nor answer, and then proceed to assign to me values based on those stupid and contrived scenarios which i have neither acknowledged nor answered, of which this post is yet another example, you have not shown one example where lying is to be preferred to telling the truth.

I am a Christian, I have an exemplar Christ, who also did not tell lies, that's it, we do not need to explain anything to you, do you understand? we do not need to resort to anything other than telling you that its a Christian teaching, do you understand? if you don't like it, then dont adopt it, its really as simple as that.

What is more dangerous is inventing stupid and contrived scenarios and then basing an evaluation on those invented stupid and contrived scenarios as if you were proclaiming some kind of truth. You people need to get over yourselves, pontificating from your room full of mirrors, self proclaimed moralists, basing your evaluations on your own invented scenarios, deluded or what!

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
26 Jan 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
My views are based on the fact that despite what you and others have invented, and lets be clear about it, INVENTED, stupid and contrived scenarios, which i refuse to acknowledge nor answer, and then proceed to assign to me values based on those stupid and contrived scenarios which i have neither acknowledged nor answered, of which this post is yet a ...[text shortened]... proclaimed moralists, basing your evaluations on your own invented scenarios, deluded or what!
I see! so your cowardly failure to acknowledge any examples
such as the nice german and the nazi
where lying is preferable to being truthful counts as failing to offer any such examples!???

Crikey!

rc

Moves
26 Jan 11
1 edit

I see! so your cowardly failure to acknowledge any examples[hidden]such as the nice german and the nazi[/hidden]where lying is preferable to being truthful counts as failing to offer any such examples!???

Crikey!
Cowardly, you really dont know where to get off, do you Agers, here a scenario, not invented, you know, that actually happened, that is, in real life, that is, to real people.

Five Million Often Forgotten
Jehovah Witnesses

The Holocaust is usually taught as the mass genocide of almost six million Jews in Europe during World War II. But, more than five million others were also persecuted, tortured, tattooed and killed. These five million included innocent citizens - men women and children. The survivors and the families of these five million often feel left out -- overshadowed by the Jewish casualties. Nonetheless, these people need to be recognized and memorialized. Many of these died for their race or their beliefs. Many of these died while helping their Jewish neighbors. They too deserve their place in history.

http://www.holocaustforgotten.com/Jehovah.htm

I suggest Agers, you just shut your mouth!

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
26 Jan 11
1 edit

Cowardly, you really dont know where to get off, do you Agers, here a scenario, not invented, you know, that actually happened, that is, in real life, that is, to real people.

Five Million Often Forgotten
Jehovah Witnesses

The Holocaust is usually taught as the mass genocide of almost six million Jews in Europe during World War II. But, more ...[text shortened]...

http://www.holocaustforgotten.com/Jehovah.htm

I suggest Agers, you just shut your mouth!
It's difficult to see what I could possibly gain by explaining how this post, again, completely misses the point!

It seems you think this place to be the "argument room" - ah well, I'll leave you to conduct your, ahem, "thoughts" in peace. Cheerio!

rc

Moves
26 Jan 11

It's difficult to see what I could possibly gain by explaining how this post, again, completely misses the point!

It seems you think this place to be the "argument room" - ah well, I'll leave you to conduct your, ahem, "thoughts" in peace. Cheerio!
yes indeed, real life events certainly seem to have a greater potency than merely fabricated ones, as does truth, it has a potency all of its own!

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
26 Jan 11

Well that's the farcical interlude finished with...back to debating!

Z

Moves
26 Jan 11

you are asking too much of him.

rc

Moves
26 Jan 11

yeah so i am supposed to just let you call me a coward and a racist, and be subject to a whole host of other deluded fabrications heaped upon even more fictitious nothingness, yes indeed, let you debate the issues, for the matter is crystal clear in my own mind. The only farcical thing is that you actually believe your own propaganda!

rc

Moves
26 Jan 11

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
you are asking too much of him.
get a room!

Z

Moves
26 Jan 11

yeah so i am supposed to just let you call me a coward and a racist, and be subject to a whole host of other deluded fabrications heaped upon even more fictitious nothingness, yes indeed, let you debate the issues, for the matter is crystal clear in my own mind. The only farcical thing is that you actually believe your own propaganda!
well you are a coward. and with the racism, he was a little wrong. it wasn't racist what you just did, only a cowardly, illogical, unrelated to the discussion and totally uncalled for attack on someone's nationality while avoiding to answer a question that nobody but the most brainwashed nazi would have answered "the human must betray his fellow humans and not lie to the gestapo officer"

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
26 Jan 11
3 edits

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
well you are a coward. and with the racism, he was a little wrong. it wasn't racist what you just did, only a cowardly, illogical, unrelated to the discussion and totally uncalled for attack on someone's nationality while avoiding to answer a question that nobody but the most brainwashed nazi would have answered "the human must betray his fellow humans and not lie to the gestapo officer"
Well one really doesn't get much choice in where they're born, colour of skin, etc.. and so anyone who attacks the character of a person on the basis of their nationality is being racist as far as I'm concerned.
I justify this position on the grounds that to counter your evaluation of his morality in light of what he has posted so far, he saw it as reasonable to call into your question your own morality based upon the fact you are a Romanian; and that you therefore bear some weight of responsibility for the events that took place on the part of Romanians in WW2.

rc

Moves
26 Jan 11
2 edits

Well one really doesn't get much choice in where they're born, colour of skin, etc.. and so anyone who attacks the character of a person on the basis of their nationality is being racist as far as I'm concerned.
I justify this position on the grounds that to counter your evaluation of his morality in light of what he has posted so far, he saw it as reasonabl ...[text shortened]... some weight of responsibility for the events that took place on the part of Romanians in WW2.
so what race is Zhalanzi then?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
26 Jan 11

so what race is Zhalanzi then?
race:
5. any people united by common history, language, cultural traits, etc.: the Dutch race.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/race

In this case, Romanian.

Z

Moves
26 Jan 11

I justify this position on the grounds that to counter your evaluation of his morality in light of what he has posted so far, he saw it as reasonabl ...[text shortened]... some weight of responsibility for the events that took place on the part of Romanians in WW2.
of course, i am not arguing that the robbie is insane. (at this point it isn't a matter of jerkiness or stupidity, i think he clearly leapt over those into the insanity pool)

i am arguing over the semantics. racism is when race comes into question. xenophobism is when nationality comes into question. basically it isn't that important what you call it, it is wrong and i understood your point.

rc

Moves
26 Jan 11

[b]race:
5. any people united by common history, language, cultural traits, etc.: the Dutch race.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/race

In this case, Romanian.[/b]
i do not accept that definition, for Romanian is a nationality, not a designation of ethnicity, i therefore repeat the question, which race is Zhalanzi.