Mark of the Beast: Legitimate Concern?

Mark of the Beast: Legitimate Concern?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Sep 15

Islamic Sexuality

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Looks like my skepticism was well-founded.
How is a coin engraved, carved or scuplted into a person's right hand or forehead, exactly?
Look at a US quarter. You'll see it is marked with George Washington's forehead.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I am not making any mistakes and I am not obscuring anything.
The word for "in" (not "on", btw) you are translating as "of", which is incorrect.

And yes, this diatribe about Nero is to obscure that this has not happened yet, and awaits all of us in the future.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Sep 15

Look at a US quarter. You'll see it is marked with George Washington's forehead.
And his eye, and his ear, and his neck, and his mouth. What's your point? This doesn't relate to the passage. Where's his right hand? Do we wanna know?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
12 Sep 15

Let me guess... if we look at a quarter under a microscope will we see something on George Washington's forehead?

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
The word for "in" (not "on", btw) you are translating as "of", which is incorrect.

And yes, this diatribe about Nero is to obscure that this has not happened yet, and awaits all of us in the future.
The word is not "in". It's written in Greek.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by lemon lime
Let me guess... if we look at a quarter under a microscope will we see something on George Washington's forehead?
What are you talking about?

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
12 Sep 15
1 edit

And his eye, and his ear, and his neck, and his mouth. What's your point? This doesn't relate to the passage. Where's his right hand? Do we wanna know?
The extended right hand is on the back of the coin in question:

http://edgarlowen.com/nero-10789.jpg
http://edgarlowen.com/a55/b7940.jpg

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
12 Sep 15
1 edit

What do you mean where is his right hand? Where is his left hand, where is his torso, and his left and right leg? Why does he have long hair tied at the back? Was he a floating head hippy back in the sixties? If he's the father of our country does this mean we are all related... where did he find the time to father so many kids? And if I ask any more dumb questions what are the chances I might be mistaken for a confused Christian or atheist?

F

Moves
12 Sep 15

And if I ask any more dumb questions what are the chances I might be mistaken for a Christian atheist?
Do you think a Christian disagreeing with you over the interpretation of this prophesy warrants them being labelled as a "Christian atheist", even in jest?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
12 Sep 15

What are you talking about?
George Washington's forehead.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
12 Sep 15
1 edit

If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is a man's number. His number is 666.

N = 50
R = 200
W = 6
N = 50

C = 100
S = 60
R = 200

Add 'em up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast#Nero

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
Do you think a Christian disagreeing with you over the interpretation of this prophesy warrants them being labelled as a "Christian atheist", even in jest?
Surely you jest.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
12 Sep 15

George Washington's forehead.
You don't need a microscope to see that the US quarter has a mark of Washington's forehead.

F

Moves
12 Sep 15

Surely you jest.
Some of your posts on this thread seem to suggest that unless a Christian agrees with you over this issue, you question their Christian beliefs, You have used the words "unbeliever" and "atheist". I know it's probably just a variation on the peculiar internecine 'you're-not-a-True-Christian' banter that crops up here from time to time among Christians, but I am interested to hear whether you actually and sincerely believe that your personal interpretation of the "meaning" of technology as we see it now in 2015 (in terms of Revelation) is somehow a core Christian belief that other Christians ought not to disagree with.